Watching Chicago with joy

miami_thomas

VIP Member
Jan 20, 2011
I would be lying if I didn’t say that seeing all these wonderful things being brought on by Liberal’s in Chicago is a complete joy. I mean really to see Liberal’s attacking Liberal’s and coming to a solution that will be a disaster in just a few months is absolutely wonderful. Really though they should just put the children in an isolated room with a computer and a notebook. They would probably have higher test scores than they have now. I mean the teachers argument is that it is not their responsibility to teach but rather the student’s responsibility to learn. If that is the case, then what will tax payers giving them more money do to improve the education of students? The answer is absolutely nothing.

I would be lying if I didn’t say that seeing all these wonderful things being brought on by Liberal’s in Chicago is a complete joy. I mean really to see Liberal’s attacking Liberal’s and coming to a solution that will be a disaster in just a few months is absolutely wonderful. Really though they should just put the children in an isolated room with a computer and a notebook. They would probably have higher test scores than they have now. I mean the teachers argument is that it is not their responsibility to teach but rather the student’s responsibility to learn. If that is the case, then what will tax payers giving them more money do to improve the education of students? The answer is absolutely nothing.

Chicago was enjoyable to watch:

220px-Chicagopostercast.jpg

Take a look at that crew of teachers. A picture is worth a 1000 words. Looks like a carnival.

It was a great show but not as much fun as seeing this Liberal collapse.

The Union seriously overestimated it's bargaining power. They deserve whatever cold plate of defeat their about to be force-fed.

As for the political fallout...none.

The Union seriously overestimated it's bargaining power. They deserve whatever cold plate of defeat their about to be force-fed.

They won I mean the highest paid teachers in the country are going to get guaranteed raises from a city that is on the verge of bankruptcy. Really you couldn’t make this stuff up. As far as political fallout, with the right amount of denial there is no political fallout for anything especially when you live with blinders on that only shows Liberal points of view.

They won I mean the highest paid teachers in the country are going to get guaranteed raises from a city that is on the verge of bankruptcy. Really you couldn’t make this stuff up. As far as political fallout, with the right amount of denial there is no political fallout for anything especially when you live with blinders on that only shows Liberal points of view.

Well, there are a lot of sides to this argument. On one hand, the labor unions have to get used to the fact that their power is diminished. On the other, their lone weapon is this strike.

What the Teachers union did was go on strike when it hurt the public the most....not the way to get public opinion on your side.

I'm with the union for wanting things like air conditioned class rooms, a higher pay rate, etc... I'm not with them on wanting hiring privileges, to keep their state pension in line--phase it out over 10 years, the un-fire-ability plank (that is nuts).

What I was speaking of is the tactics--they were cartoonish. Also, the political fallout in the macro is non existent. Had this happened in Miami (your namesake), or a major city in a swing state...you could see some damage to the Obama campaign or the DNC in general. In Chicago...it won't matter at all.

Well, there are a lot of sides to this argument. On one hand, the labor unions have to get used to the fact that their power is diminished. On the other, their lone weapon is this strike.

What the Teachers union did was go on strike when it hurt the public the most....not the way to get public opinion on your side.

I'm with the union for wanting things like air conditioned class rooms, a higher pay rate, etc... I'm not with them on wanting hiring privileges, to keep their state pension in line--phase it out over 10 years, the un-fire-ability plank (that is nuts).

What I was speaking of is the tactics--they were cartoonish. Also, the political fallout in the macro is non existent. Had this happened in Miami (your namesake), or a major city in a swing state...you could see some damage to the Obama campaign or the DNC in general. In Chicago...it won't matter at all.

Unions are what are actually destroying the educations system. The unions need to go away and we need to replace them with private non-unionized schools. Of course Chicago is already doing this slowly which is odd for a Liberal city. But I will give Chicago credit for doing so without a lot of noise about it. The people working in the tough neighborhoods need to be offered more pay to get better teachers that will take the risk working in that neighborhood. The teachers working in the easy neighborhoods don’t need as high of pay seeing everyone would be more than willing to work there. But unions eliminate the ability to do that. So you end up with the disasters that we have for education systems. Equality breeds complacency.

Unions are what are actually destroying the educations system. The unions need to go away and we need to replace them with private non-unionized schools. Of course Chicago is already doing this slowly which is odd for a Liberal city. But I will give Chicago credit for doing so without a lot of noise about it. The people working in the tough neighborhoods need to be offered more pay to get better teachers that will take the risk working in that neighborhood. The teachers working in the easy neighborhoods don’t need as high of pay seeing everyone would be more than willing to work there. But unions eliminate the ability to do that. So you end up with the disasters that we have for education systems. Equality breeds complacency.

Yep! and now ya know why the voucher programs are against obummer's wishes.

The school district goes to court and should get the court injunction today so teachers should report tomorrow. I say it is a 25% chance they will. If they refuse the order, I say it should go in their employment records and used against them in their next reviews.

If teachers cannot follow the rule of law, how can they expect their students to follow their own authority? Let's see what happens today.

No amount of better pay, better teachers in the tougher neighborhoods will amount to squat. It is precisely those neighborhoods that produce kids who don't come to school with an attitude to learn and succeed. No one in their homes instills that, so school is a place to screw off, be disruptive, mock or otherwise threaten the few who try to learn, and generally build their street cred until they finally drop out for a life of crime and/or working the system for all the freebies they can get. That's what they learn at home and on the streets of the hood.

No amount of better pay, better teachers in the tougher neighborhoods will amount to squat. It is precisely those neighborhoods that produce kids who don't come to school with an attitude to learn and succeed. No one in their homes instills that, so school is a place to screw off, be disruptive, mock or otherwise threaten the few who try to learn, and generally build their street cred until they finally drop out for a life of crime and/or working the system for all the freebies they can get. That's what they learn at home and on the streets of the hood.

Maybe but you can try to use money to get the better teachers there. Believe it or not some teachers can make a difference. Teachers can become role models for kids. However, the way it tends to happen know is that the worse teachers more often or than not end up at these schools. So what should we expect with all you mention plus the worse teachers? The problem is with the union structure is everyone gets paid the same regardless of situation or performance. That is a recipe for disaster and that is why government always fails.

Hmmm, wonder how many of these kids parents and grandparents were organized by the Barack himself??

I see such an improvement in those on the South side. /s

I hear ya, but i do feel bad for the kids. They always pay the most. And of course the Taxpayers get screwed too. It really is shocking watching these Teachers demanding pay raises when the facts show they've done a miserable job of educating Chicago children. Their demands are unjustified. This is exactly why all Public Unions should be abolished.

I hear ya, but i do feel bad for the kids. They always pay the most. And of course the Taxpayers get screwed too. It really is shocking watching these Teachers demanding pay raises when the facts show they've done a miserable job of educating Chicago children. Their demands are unjustified. This is exactly why all Public Unions should be abolished.

Why feel bad for the kids?

It's their own parents putting them through this nonsense. Unless of course you think that none of those teachers have children.

Fact is, the teachers are greedy assholes that want more than they deserve. I say fire every damn one of them and hire some non-union teachers in their place. I'm sure at 70 grand a year they could find suitable replacements.

This is such a fine example of stomping your feet to get what you want. Those teachers are indeed teaching those kids how to make things swing in your favor. ;)

It's their own parents putting them through this nonsense. Unless of course you think that none of those teachers have children.

Fact is, the teachers are greedy assholes that want more than they deserve. I say fire every damn one of them and hire some non-union teachers in their place. I'm sure at 70 grand a year they could find suitable replacements.

Kids don't know what's going on. They should be in school right now. And i agree with your sentiment 100%. Chicago Teachers especially, do not deserve a pay raise of any kind. They have not served Chicago children well. Their job performance overall, is absolutely abysmal. Shame on them for holding the children and Taxpayers hostage this way.

Kids don't know what's going on. They should be in school right now. And i agree with your sentiment 100%. Chicago Teachers especially, do not deserve a pay raise of any kind. They have not served Chicago children well. Their job performance overall, is absolutely abysmal. Shame on them for holding the children and Taxpayers hostage this way.

Yes they should be in school and if the teachers actually cared about the students they would be there there too.

Forum List

Back