Watching Chicago with joy

Discussion in 'Politics' started by miami_thomas, Sep 17, 2012.

1. miami_thomas

miami_thomas VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +96
    I would be lying if I didn’t say that seeing all these wonderful things being brought on by Liberal’s in Chicago is a complete joy. I mean really to see Liberal’s attacking Liberal’s and coming to a solution that will be a disaster in just a few months is absolutely wonderful. Really though they should just put the children in an isolated room with a computer and a notebook. They would probably have higher test scores than they have now. I mean the teachers argument is that it is not their responsibility to teach but rather the student’s responsibility to learn. If that is the case, then what will tax payers giving them more money do to improve the education of students? The answer is absolutely nothing.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. SniperFire

SniperFire Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,223
    You really can't even call them 'liberals' anymore.

These are Leftists, and they are attacking the American way of life.

3. candycorn

candycorn Alis volat propriis

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,069
    Chicago was enjoyable to watch:

[​IMG]

4. beretta304

beretta304 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +73
    Take a look at that crew of teachers. A picture is worth a 1000 words. Looks like a carnival.

5. miami_thomas

miami_thomas VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +96
    It was a great show but not as much fun as seeing this Liberal collapse.

6. candycorn

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,069
    The Union seriously overestimated it's bargaining power. They deserve whatever cold plate of defeat their about to be force-fed.

As for the political fallout...none.

7. miami_thomas

miami_thomas VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +96
    They won I mean the highest paid teachers in the country are going to get guaranteed raises from a city that is on the verge of bankruptcy. Really you couldn’t make this stuff up. As far as political fallout, with the right amount of denial there is no political fallout for anything especially when you live with blinders on that only shows Liberal points of view.

8. candycorn

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,069
    Well, there are a lot of sides to this argument. On one hand, the labor unions have to get used to the fact that their power is diminished. On the other, their lone weapon is this strike.

What the Teachers union did was go on strike when it hurt the public the most....not the way to get public opinion on your side.

I'm with the union for wanting things like air conditioned class rooms, a higher pay rate, etc... I'm not with them on wanting hiring privileges, to keep their state pension in line--phase it out over 10 years, the un-fire-ability plank (that is nuts).

What I was speaking of is the tactics--they were cartoonish. Also, the political fallout in the macro is non existent. Had this happened in Miami (your namesake), or a major city in a swing state...you could see some damage to the Obama campaign or the DNC in general. In Chicago...it won't matter at all.

9. miami_thomas

miami_thomas VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +96
    Unions are what are actually destroying the educations system. The unions need to go away and we need to replace them with private non-unionized schools. Of course Chicago is already doing this slowly which is odd for a Liberal city. But I will give Chicago credit for doing so without a lot of noise about it. The people working in the tough neighborhoods need to be offered more pay to get better teachers that will take the risk working in that neighborhood. The teachers working in the easy neighborhoods don’t need as high of pay seeing everyone would be more than willing to work there. But unions eliminate the ability to do that. So you end up with the disasters that we have for education systems. Equality breeds complacency.

10. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,758
    Yep! and now ya know why the voucher programs are against obummer's wishes.