Watched Wonderful Life for 1st Time and I'm 50

Bush92

GHBush1992
May 23, 2014
Jimmy Stewart's character is a fucking pussy. You missed wearing the uniform during WWII? Pussy.

If you do not get even a little teary at the happiest ending in movie history you have no soul.

Jimmy Stewart's character is a fucking pussy. You missed wearing the uniform during WWII? Pussy.
They would not have took him if he tried. He was 4F, that means go home and fight the war on the homefront which he did by selling war bonds and all the other things people did in those days to defeat your kind in Europe.

Also Jimmy Stewart served with distinction as a bomber pilot in WWII and left the service as a colonel.

Also Jimmy Stewart served with distinction as a bomber pilot in WWII and left the service as a colonel.

Ignorant fuck. Stewart joined up in 1941 and retired in 1968 as a Brigadier General from the USAF!

Jimmy Stewart as the person/actor.......the OP is talking about the character he played in the movie....big difference.

Ignorant fuck. Stewart joined up in 1941 and retired in 1968 as a Brigadier General from the USAF!
That's right, I thought it was Colonel but I was too lazy to google. Also picking on this movie tells me we are dealing with someone who, if they had the opportunity George Baily had, would find nothing at all different except all those small animals he has swerved to run over would still be alive.

Jimmy Stewart as the person/actor.......the OP is talking about the character he played in the movie....big difference.
Both Jimmy Stewart and George Bailey were noble men who did the absolute best they could by the people They loved and the country they served and was beloved by nearly all. The movie specifically deals with why George did not go to war and how he compensated by organizing the home front war effort in his town. I know this movie intimately, OP totally missed the point: "No man is a failure if he has friends" I wonder if OP has any?

I watched it about 30 years ago. I blame it for my diabetes.

The movie was directed by Frank Capra, who was famous for directing tearjerker movies. Another example was "You can't take it with you". Others were "Mr. Deed goes to Washington", and "Pocketful of Miracles'. Even for the prewar audiences, this movie was too much sugar. It was a flop when it was released.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back