Washing Machine....

JBond

Winning
May 15, 2016
Kansas
Need a new washer. Front loader vs top loader. Most reliable models to service a family of four. Read a ton after my whirlpool cabrio grinded itself to death. Looking for real feedback. Thanks.

Need a new washer. Front loader vs top loader. Most reliable models to service a family of four. Read a ton after my whirlpool cabrio grinded itself to death. Looking for real feedback. Thanks.

Top loader. Bosch.

I hear front loaders CAN open and make a mess with the contents..

With a front-loader you'll use less water, but, once you've hit 'Go', you can't open the door to throw in those dirty undies you dropped on the way to the laundry. It's a bitch! I've got an NEC, which was old when I got it, and it's never missed a beat.

Mine is a Frigidaire, top loader, with auto sensor for how much water to use. Works great.

I would be aggravated to try and get things I dropped along put in. :lol:

I know two families that bought the front loader and it's a mess. Moldy clothes...have to wash the washer routinely to avoid the moldy smell.

I bought a top loader. read reviews and decided the "new" model was BIG mistake. Love my new top loading washer!

Have a 10 yr old Kenmore, top loader, manual selection, I get to decide how much water it uses and what the temp is. Extra large fills it to the top. Used a top loading h/e GE washer for two years recently. Didn't matter what size load I selected, it never filled the machine up. Some of the clothes literally sat on top and didn't get wet. It didn't agitate quickly, didn't draw the clothes down into the machine, didn't clean them well. Hated that damn thing. I manually added buckets of water to the machine and clothes just didn't feel clean. One load of t-shirts that had to be hung dry? They smelled musty after washing. So I washed them over and over, hung dry, could NOT get them clean. Would never buy an h/e or front loader. If my old machine breaks I'll pay to fix it. If it dies and can't be fixed I'd buy a Speed Queen. They're pricey but old school. The reason for the low-water filling machines is gov't regulation. Screw that.

I gotz a Crosley front loader, had it since they first came out...Works well....Throw a dog in there for a quick wash...

Have a 10 yr old Kenmore, top loader, manual selection, I get to decide how much water it uses and what the temp is. Extra large fills it to the top. Used a top loading h/e GE washer for two years recently. Didn't matter what size load I selected, it never filled the machine up. Some of the clothes literally sat on top and didn't get wet. It didn't agitate quickly, didn't draw the clothes down into the machine, didn't clean them well. Hated that damn thing. I manually added buckets of water to the machine and clothes just didn't feel clean. One load of t-shirts that had to be hung dry? They smelled musty after washing. So I washed them over and over, hung dry, could NOT get them clean. Would never buy an h/e or front loader. If my old machine breaks I'll pay to fix it. If it dies and can't be fixed I'd buy a Speed Queen. They're pricey but old school. The reason for the low-water filling machines is gov't regulation. Screw that.

Mine never ever does that. It throughly fills and cleans my clothes. I love it. It is about 6 months old.

Ended up with an LG front load washer. Supposedly the new design plus the using the built in cleaning cycle has emilinated the mildew mold problem. I'll report back on my experience.

I don't know what cycle signal means. So I never select it. Anyone know what cycle signal means?

Everybody I talk to hates their front loader. They even smell mildewy after a while.

I find it odd, because the laundromats have had those big ones for a long time that work well. I have a spare top-loader on the back porch. :rolleyes:

IMO, they have innovated too much with washing machines. All I need is a wringer and I won't even need one. Anybody know where I can get a wringer? :eek: I could use a mop wringer! :eek:

iu

I have a really old washer. Top loader. Still works though! I don't know how energy efficient it is. I bought it refurbished, so it was already old when I got it. I've had it for like 2 years. No problems with it. I would have to check to be sure, but I think it is a GE.

Forum List

Back