Wash Times - Obama completely overhauled health care to insure 4 million people.

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
And a lot of those 4 million never paid their premium. Real number insured is prolly more like 3 million - 1% of america!!!

CURL: We completely overhauled American health care ? to insure 4.2 million people? - Washington Times

Thursday, March 13, 2014,
President Obama said it in August 2009: “I don’t have to explain to you that nearly 46 million Americans don’t have health insurance coverage today. In the wealthiest nation on Earth, 46 million of our fellow citizens have no coverage.”

So, he created Obamacare. The crux of the biscuit: The United States would completely change its entire health care system to make sure those 46 million got insured. Well, at least that’s what every rational American thought.

But last week came word that with just 15 days left for people to enroll for federal coverage, just 4.2 million had.

I wonder how millions upon millions upon millions of folks made it without health insurance from the time of Adam and Eve to the point that Obama assumed the Presidency? Billions of people maybe? The hardcore pioneers who crossed America in covered wagons -- no insurance. The Pilgrims who sailed across the Atlantic -- no insurance. The Vikings who managed to survive through their harsh environment -- no insurance. The Greek empire, the Roman Empire, the Egyptian Empire, the Babylonian Empire, the Assyrian Empire -- all survived without health insurance. Why on planet earth has it become paramount that all of mankind MUST have insurance? I thought today's secular evolutionists were all about "survival of the fittest" and all that.

• Banned
I wonder how millions upon millions upon millions of folks made it without health insurance from the time of Adam and Eve to the point that Obama assumed the Presidency? Billions of people maybe? The hardcore pioneers who crossed America in covered wagons -- no insurance. The Pilgrims who sailed across the Atlantic -- no insurance. The Vikings who managed to survive through their harsh environment -- no insurance. The Greek empire, the Roman Empire, the Egyptian Empire, the Babylonian Empire, the Assyrian Empire -- all survived without health insurance. Why on planet earth has it become paramount that all of mankind MUST have insurance? I thought today's secular evolutionists were all about "survival of the fittest" and all that.

Up till 1950 or so most americans did not have health insurance and we managed fine. Many people have suggested we return to those days and ban health insurance. It would certainly encourage patients to shop around when they need health care and also not run to a doctor for every little thing.

• Banned
Vilify the 1%, while castigating the 99% in order to satiate the 1%.

Obama Math. Fooling America since 2008.

Obozo loves to harp on income inequality and attack the 1%. Then he sends his wife on multi-million dollar ski trips every month.

He overhauled it? Really? And we didn't feel a thing!

Nothing.....absolutely nothing changed with the health insurance plans that 95% of insured Americans had before the law.....except premiums didn't go up as much as usual and more preventive care services were included. Oh....and kids can stay on a few more years and preexisting conditions are now covered. Just awful!

Yes....for 95% of those who already had insurance......your outrage falls on deaf ears.

Try harder.

• Banned
Nothing.....absolutely nothing changed with the health insurance plans that 95% of insured Americans had before the law.....except premiums didn't go up as much as usual and more preventive care services were included. Oh....and kids can stay on a few more years and preexisting conditions are now covered. Just awful!

Pre-existing conditions? HAHAHA. That's why so few of the uninsured have signed up. They know they can continue to get free health care at ERs and if they find out they need surgery, THEN they'll sign up for obamacare. Everyone predicted that would happen and yet you liberals insisted we do it.

Yes....for 95% of those who already had insurance......your outrage falls on deaf ears.

Try harder.

Actually ... my premiums went up substantially. We can generally expect an increase in costs each year but this year it went up by twice as much as we expected. Why? Because my insurance company is now required to insure us for more than my family and I need.

Last edited:
When a man like Obama and his comrades in arms can push the BS they did to sell this pos Oscamcare and people fell for it...

you know we are DOOMED as a Free country and a Free people

Obama said 48 million people did not have healthcare or perhaps good coverage.
Then 5 million lose their coverage because of O'Care.

So that means 53 million maybe a little less now don't have coverage.

Then it looks like maybe 4 million sign up.

So all this was done to help 48 million then it screws over 5 million more and we are supposed to be thankful that maybe 4 million completed the process.

And the democrats answer for everything is that we need more government involvement ...

When a man like Obama and his comrades in arms can push the BS they did to sell this pos Oscamcare and people fell for it...

you know we are DOOMED as a Free country and a Free people

This country is in bad shape when we have one party that sees government as the only answer for a problem and a media that supports anything it does.

I don't have an issue with the Democrats trying to fix problems with healthcare.
But by now no one should be supporting what this ObamaCare piece of crap has become.

Pre-existing conditions? HAHAHA. That's why so few of the uninsured have signed up. They know they can continue to get free health care at ERs and if they find out they need surgery, THEN they'll sign up for obamacare. Everyone predicted that would happen and yet you liberals insisted we do it.

To make matters worse, most of the 4 million who did sign up were those who were already insured but their policies had been canceled

Try harder.

Try facts.
Increases in healthcare expenditures:
2003 8.6%
2004 6.9%
2005 6.5%
2006 6.7%
2007 6.1%
Compare to 10.5% in 1970 and 13% in 1980
http://spectator.org/archives/2009/06/08/downgrading-american-medical-c/print

Also: http://www.bw.edu/academics/bus/programs/hcmba/nl/costs/HealthCareCosts07-_April_2007.pdf

[Health-care costs rose about 8% in 2011 and are projected to rise by 8.5% in 2012. ]Paul Ryan: Where's Your Budget, Mr. President? - WSJ.com

ObamaCare.....the big scam.

Try harder.

Try facts.
Increases in healthcare expenditures:
2003 8.6%
2004 6.9%
2005 6.5%
2006 6.7%
2007 6.1%
Compare to 10.5% in 1970 and 13% in 1980
http://spectator.org/archives/2009/06/08/downgrading-american-medical-c/print

Also: http://www.bw.edu/academics/bus/programs/hcmba/nl/costs/HealthCareCosts07-_April_2007.pdf

[Health-care costs rose about 8% in 2011 and are projected to rise by 8.5% in 2012. ]Paul Ryan: Where's Your Budget, Mr. President? - WSJ.com

ObamaCare.....the big scam.

Well, well, well. It tried to post something like a normal person. How nice! And with numbers too!

But...I was not referring to our overall health care costs. I was referring to PREMIUM increases for private health insurance plans....which have increased at a slower rate since the law went into effect.

Nice try, though.

To make matters worse, most of the 4 million who did sign up were those who were already insured but their policies had been canceled

Exactly! And a bunch of them won't be able to see their doctors because their doctor's aren't "approved" by their new, no-name insurance providers. What a total mess!

Forum List

Back