Zone1 Was The Garden Of Eden A Real Place?

Radical Episcopalianists believe that Almighty God put Adam and Steve into the Garden of Eden, not Adam and Eve.

One of the biggest difference between them and other denominations.
I'm not a radical. You believe in the garden of Eden?

I do believe in the Bible. Why do you take it literally? It's not history or science. It's supposed to make you think.
if you dont believe it then you arent a Christian, a pretty simple concept. And one of the reasons we now have hundreds of versions of the bible as every tom dick and Mary create their own feel-good version.

Everything I ever needed to know about the LDS Church I learned from South Park.

Actually that is not true since I lived in a predominately Mormon community for seven years. I learned some very interesting things. South Park could have added a few things.
ya, my favorite part of Mormon history is where Brigham Young wrestled with the bear and fell out of the Salt Lake Temple into the Great Salt Lake.

I'm Episcopalian.

Adam and Eve were labor in the garden of Eden.

Lot of irony there. There's a guy at the golf course and he's episcopalian; and the only persons that will golf with him are the Mormons.
Probably the only democrat in Cassia County

It can be proven he existed.

Even pseudo-intellectuals like Bart Ehrman admit he was a real person, and wrote a book on it himself.

"Did Jesus Exist? The Historical Argument for Jesus of Nazareth is a 2012 book by Bart D. Ehrman, a scholar of the New Testament. In this book, written to counter the idea that there was never such a person as Jesus of Nazareth at all, Ehrman sets out to demonstrate the historical evidence for Jesus' existence, and he aims to state why all experts in the area agree that "whatever else you may think about Jesus, he certainly did exist."[1][2]"

The 4 Gospels were real and composed in the times they portray, otherwise there would be all kinds of anachronisms and geographical and cultural errors in them, and they are composed in traditional Jewish literary devices and structures to boot, even the book by Luke is composed in the same literary structures.

Last edited:
wrong as usual. And there were witnesses to everything Joseph Smith had and did, further some of those witnesses left the church but never recanted their statements.
Yep.....11 witnesses.
But the folks that ended up being followers never saw them and said it had to be something on faith, which makes no sense considering the fact that they were alive when these tablets supposedly existed.
It's not like the Ark of the Covenant which existed thousands of years ago and was stolen from the temple during a war 2000 years ago.

if you dont believe it then you arent a Christian, a pretty simple concept. And one of the reasons we now have hundreds of versions of the bible as every tom dick and Mary create their own feel-good version.

Lol 😂😂😂

A literalist approach to a text is to accept the text "word for word" exactly as it is written. A contextualist approach to a text is to note who wrote the text and why, the social situation in which the text was written, and what the religious truth the text is trying to express.

Jesus is myth

I don't think so.. Jesus probably existed although he probably didn't walk on water.

A literalist approach to a text is to accept the text "word for word" exactly as it is written. A contextualist approach to a text is to note who wrote the text and why, the social situation in which the text was written, and what the religious truth the text is trying to express.

The Marsh Arabs have been there 6000 years. They speak Gulf Arabic. There's an author who lived with them for decades...named Terwilliger?? He used to lecture in Arabia when I was a student.

The name is Theisinger.

Thanks.
Six millennia = 6,000 years.;)

It's said that where the Tigrus and Euphrates meet it is the most fertile soil on the planet.

This is supposed to be originally the area that the Garden of Eden was located.

This is in Iraq.

One of my buddies who spent time in Iraq after Desert Storm said there's a place in Iraq where you can grow anything without fertilizer or water.

There is no possibility of finding the Garden of Eden...........the entire globe's geographical topography has been altered. The Garden's location and geographical topography is described beginning in Genesis 2:8, Eden was the source of one great river that watered the garden and exited the Garden by dividing into 4 separate rivers. During the flood event the land masses were changed by Continental Drift, i.e, as described, ".......the mountains rose and the valleys sank -- Ps. 104:8) The Garden might now be located at the bottom of a trench 7 miles below the surface.......that's the point, God has hidden the Garden from mankind because mankind corrupts everything he touches. Can you imagine someone like Hitler gaining access to the tree of life?

Genesis 3:24. The location of the Garden is protected by God via a "Flaming Sword"............that turned every way to guard the Garden. There is scientific evidences of the earth's crust at the bottom of the oceans having huge, never ceasing fissures of flowing lava. One such example would be the formation of the islands found in the pacific, all formed from continuing volcanic activity.

Perhaps the Garden described in the Bible.......is just a plane ride away from the West Coast. Hawaii? Who knows? Could the Garden now be located under 2 miles of ice at the south pole? There is no way of measuring or attempting to quantify and compare today's geography with that described in the Book of Genesis. Anyone that does is simply chasing a ghost that can't be seen, its an exercise of futility.

Last edited:
what "words of Jesus" ? He left no writings. The NT consists of third hand hearsay (for the glory of rome, no less)

there was no muhummad---a very scholarly study proves that the rapist pig never existed AND ----"JESUS" --- that as quite a vulgar joke
The New Testament(NT) is first through third hand recollections of reportedly among the 12 apostles of Jesus. Reported these recollections were written several years to a few decades after Christ's "death" and Resurrection.
1st Excerpt;
The New Testament[a] (NT) is the second division of the Christian biblical canon. It discusses the teachings and person of Jesus, as well as events relating to first-century Christianity. The New Testament's background, the first division of the Christian Bible, is called the Old Testament, which is based primarily upon the Hebrew Bible; together they are regarded as sacred scripture by Christians.[1]

The New Testament is a collection of Christian texts originally written in the Koine Greek language, at different times by various authors. While the Old Testament canon varies somewhat between different Christian denominations, the 27-book canon of the New Testament has been almost universally recognized within Christianity[2] since at least Late Antiquity. Thus, in almost all Christian traditions today, the New Testament consists of 27 books:

The earliest known complete list of the 27 books is found in a letter written by Athanasius, a 4th-century bishop of Alexandria, dated to 367 AD.[3] The 27-book New Testament was first formally canonized during the councils of Hippo (393) and Carthage (397) in North Africa. Pope Innocent I ratified the same canon in 405, but it is probable that a Council in Rome in 382 under Pope Damasus I gave the same list first. These councils also provided the canon of the Old Testament, which included the deuterocanonical books.[4]

There is no scholarly consensus on the date of composition of the latest New Testament texts. ...

Supposedly the First Council of Nicea may have influenced the final version of the NT;

There is no record of any discussion of the biblical canon at the council.[124] The development of the biblical canon was nearly complete (with exceptions known as the Antilegomena, written texts whose authenticity or value is disputed) by the time the Muratorian fragment was written.[125] The main source of the idea that the canon was created at the Council of Nicaea seems to be Voltaire, who popularised a story that the canon was determined by placing all the competing books on an altar during the Council and then keeping the ones that did not fall off. The original source of this "fictitious anecdote" is the Synodicon Vetus,[126] a pseudo-historical account of early Church councils from 887.[127]

In 331, Constantine commissioned fifty Bibles for the use of the Bishop of Constantinople, but little else is known (in fact, it is not even certain whether his request was for fifty copies of the entire Old and New Testaments, only the New Testament, or merely the Gospels). Some scholars believe that this request provided motivation for canon lists. In Jerome's Prologue to Judith, he claims that the Book of Judith was "found by the Nicene Council to have been counted among the number of the Sacred Scriptures".[128] However, modern scholars such as Edmon Gallagher have doubted that this indicates any canon selection in the council.[129]

Forum List

Back