Was Israel's response "measured" against protesters in the Syrian Golan Heights?

That is a false question. The interviewer got it right. This is not Israeli territory. This is illegally occupied territory. Israel was not trying to keep protesters out of its country.

They were warned. Personally I think they should announce a no tolerance policy set up Machine Guns and simply gun down anyone stupid enough to ignore the warnings.

Last I checked when a Country wins territory in a war they can keep it. Perhaps Syria should not have repeatedly attacked Israel?

Everyone in the world except Israel says that Israel occupies the Golan Hts.

They were warned. Personally I think they should announce a no tolerance policy set up Machine Guns and simply gun down anyone stupid enough to ignore the warnings.

Last I checked when a Country wins territory in a war they can keep it. Perhaps Syria should not have repeatedly attacked Israel?

You can think that for all you want but you or even the US does not rule the world.

Under International Law it is illegally occupied. You may like war, tough. Your interest in machine gunning down unarmed civilians is certainly the psychology of a lot of people who post here - basically the psychology of mass murderers. Even if it is the psychology of your whole country it will be to no avail because it is not the psychology of the whole world and allowing people to go by the gun and ignore international law is coming to an end. Chew on that as you sit in jail for murder.

So what were the Israelis supposed to do? put down their weapons and stand aside as they stormed into Israel? I wonder what the Syrians would do if Israeli protestors stormed their borders?

"measured" or "proportional" response is a disingenuous/fallacious charge used to allow/make sure a war of attrition CONTINUES.. and abused as justification for those wishing to wage asymmetric warfare while confining stronger opponents only to their strength.

Last edited:
When is Killing unarmed protesters a "measured" response. They were all shot on the Syrian side of the border

When is Killing unarmed protesters a "measured" response. They were all shot on the Syrian side of the border
According to the syrian opposition they were paid for it on the "syrian side of the border" too. Indeed, when all more or less major roads are full of the syrian military and secret police roadblocks, getting a free and safe bus ride to the border is a state-sponsored rampage. Besides, getting a few so-called palistanians shot up is a worthy occupation - less attention to Assad at the expense of palistanians, a win-win. Bth., for giggles, one of the fires, those dumbass individuals organized there to dance around (or whatever), happened to be set on top of the antitank mine, which, of course, happily exploded. Darwin awards.

According to the syrian opposition they were paid for it on the "syrian side of the border" too. Indeed, when all more or less major roads are full of the syrian military and secret police roadblocks, getting a free and safe bus ride to the border is a state-sponsored rampage. Besides, getting a few so-called palistanians shot up is a worthy occupation - less attention to Assad at the expense of palistanians, a win-win. Bth., for giggles, one of the fires, those dumbass individuals organized there to dance around (or whatever), happened to be set on top of the antitank mine, which, of course, happily exploded. Darwin awards.

Syria always does this bullshit, just like they let foreign fighters flood into Iraq and let Iraqi insurgents have a safe haven there, US Troops have had to go into Syria a few times to get these bastards.

Forum List

Back