Was Hitler and the Third Reich Big Gov or Small Gov?

Which did Hitler prefer, Big or small gov?

• small gvmt

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
He was kind of a one-man gov. He was only 5'8". Kinda short. so...small gov.

Which did Hitler prefer, Big or small Gov?

Gee, that really depends.

Skylar, paintmyhouse, rightwinger , et al will say that it was small government.

They love gargantuan type governments where the central government controls everything and confiscate wealth in the name of the "vaterland".

I am certain that they will say that Hitler was well within his rights , as an elected official , to declare the Jews enemy of the state and then incinerate and gas them.

Libertarians on the other hand will say that the massive paternalistic state, which originated with the Bismarck and Weimar administration was entirely too big. But Unfortunately we are fast approaching the conditions which brought about the Nazi state.

opmed.gif

What did it matter, since he had such a tight-fisted grip on everything that occurred under his reign.

Did he accomplish this through an expansive and intrusive government, or a small and limited one?
I would tend to agree with expansive and intrusive.

The "one testicle" thing has me a bit baffled. Although I did lose my right nut to a urinary tract infection over 30 years ago. Fathered three more kids since then. :thup:

Yet, I seem to have this irrational urge to conquer nations and vanquish civilizations.

Hitler was one of the Founding Fathers of the Progressive movement, he was a Big Government guy

What did it matter, since he had such a tight-fisted grip on everything that occurred under his reign.

Did he accomplish this through an expansive and intrusive government, or a small and limited one?

The "one testicle" thing has me a bit baffled. Although I did lose my right nut to a urinary tract infection over 30 years ago. Fathered three more kids since then. :thup:

Yet, I seem to have this irrational urge to conquer nations and vanquish civilizations.

When ever USMB starts to bore the shit out of me, this scratches that itch for me when I feel that same way. I've never found a game I like better. Been conquering nations and vanquishing civilizations since the second edition came out. . . lol

Hitler was one of the Founding Fathers of the Progressive movement, he was a Big Government guy

You are correct , Sir: Hitler admired FDR.
http://fff.org/explore-freedom/article/hitlers-mutual-admiration-society/
HITLER’S MUTUAL ADMIRATION SOCIETY

In fact, given that FDR and Hitler shared much of the same economic philosophy and were implementing many of the same economic policies, it’s not too surprising that Hitler sent thefollowing letter to U.S. Ambassador Thomas Dodd on March 14, 1934:

The Reich chancellor requests Mr. Dodd to present his greetings to President Roosevelt. He congratulates the president upon his heroic effort in the interest of the American people. The president’s successful struggle against economic distress is being followed by the entire German people with interest and admiration. The Reich chancellor is in accord with the president that the virtues of sense of duty, readiness for sacrifice, and discipline must be the supreme rule of the whole nation. This moral demand, which the president is addressing to every single citizen, is only the quintessence of German philosophy of the state, expressed in the motto “The public weal before the private gain.”

Toland reminds us of the high esteem in which Hitler held President Roosevelt:

Hitler had genuine admiration for the decisive manner in which the President had taken over the reins of government. “I have sympathy for Mr. Roosevelt,” he told a correspondent of the New York Times two months later, “because he marches straight toward his objectives over Congress, lobbies and bureaucracy.” Hitler went on to note that he was the sole leader in Europe who expressed “understanding of the methods and motives of President Roosevelt.”

In fact, given that FDR and Hitler shared much of the same economic philosophy and were implementing many of the same economic policies, it’s not too surprising that Hitler sent thefollowing letter to U.S. Ambassador Thomas Dodd on March 14, 1934:

The Reich chancellor requests Mr. Dodd to present his greetings to President Roosevelt. He congratulates the president upon his heroic effort in the interest of the American people. The president’s successful struggle against economic distress is being followed by the entire German people with interest and admiration. The Reich chancellor is in accord with the president that the virtues of sense of duty, readiness for sacrifice, and discipline must be the supreme rule of the whole nation. This moral demand, which the president is addressing to every single citizen, is only the quintessence of German philosophy of the state, expressed in the motto “The public weal before the private gain.”

Hitler had genuine admiration for the decisive manner in which the President had taken over the reins of government. “I have sympathy for Mr. Roosevelt,” he told a correspondent of the New York Times two months later, “because he marches straight toward his objectives over Congress, lobbies and bureaucracy.” Hitler went on to note that he was the sole leader in Europe who expressed “understanding of the methods and motives of President Roosevelt.”
When you've got 'em by the balls their hearts and minds will follow.

BTW, he also approved of our genocide of the Native Americans, which gave him ideas...

When ever USMB starts to bore the shit out of me, this scratches that itch for me when I feel that same way. I've never found a game I like better. Been conquering nations and vanquishing civilizations since the second edition came out. . . lol

I play Democracy 3 sometimes, not many nations to try and fix though.

BTW, he also approved of our genocide of the Native Americans, which gave him ideas...

You mean FDR's Eugenics on blacks known as Tuskegee. Yeah, I'm willing to bet FDR and Margaret Sanger traded loves letter with Mengele

Interestingly, both Hitler and Ben Gurion approved of our genocide of the Native Americans, which gave them ideas..

They must have been playing on the Emperor level...

Forum List

Back