Was Bullwinkle J. Moose conservative or liberal?

I think he was a member of the Green Party.

That's funny!

Roosevelt was a republican who lost the nomination to Taft so he formed his own progressive party, the bull moose.
Rats, you beat me to it! :lol:
Platform of the Bull Moose Party:

True to Roosevelt's progressive beliefs, the platform of the party called for major reforms including women's suffrage, social welfare assistance for women and children, farm relief, revisions in banking, health insurance in industries, and worker's compensation. The party also wanted an easier method to amend the constitution

I think he was a member of the Green Party.

That's funny!

Roosevelt was a republican who lost the nomination to Taft so he formed his own progressive party, the bull moose.

True to Roosevelt's progressive beliefs, the platform of the party called for major reforms including women's suffrage, social welfare assistance for women and children, farm relief, revisions in banking, health insurance in industries, and worker's compensation. The party also wanted an easier method to amend the constitution

So like Bush he was no conservative?

given that rocky and bullwinkle was one of the more political cartoon shows, and a good chunk of it was about the cold war and them fighting boris badinov and natasha fatale... i'm going to bet they were conservatives. ;)

on the other hand, bullwinkle's partner was a squirell... so he clearly wasn't pro-segregation...

maybe he *was* a liberal.

That's funny!

Teddy Roosevelt was absolutely not a conservative, but back in those days the Republicans were more liberal than they are today and the Democrats more conservative than they are today. The two parties have kind of swapped positions on many issues.

given that rocky and bullwinkle was one of the more political cartoon shows, and a good chunk of it was about the cold war and them fighting boris badinov and natasha fatale... i'm going to bet they were conservatives. ;)

on the other hand, bullwinkle's partner was a squirell... so he clearly wasn't pro-segregation...

I thinnk rockie was a liberal, he seemed to be the moreal guidance for Bullwinkle in Frostbite Falls.

JFK was big on stomping out Communism and he was considered a liberal for his day, so you could be on to something. :tank:

Teddy Roosevelt was absolutely not a conservative, but back in those days the Republicans were more liberal than they are today and the Democrats more conservative than they are today. The two parties have kind of swapped positions on many issues.

so to be conservative means to bring back the olden days.
But the conservatives in the olden days were not conservatives?

JFK was big on stomping out Communism and he was considered a liberal for his day, so you could be on to something. :tank:

cool! :cool:

(though i'm not sure kennedy was a liberal).

cool! :cool:

(though i'm not sure kennedy was a liberal).

I liked JFK. He definitely wouldn't understand today's liberals.

Forum List

Back