Was a fun football season. Ended on a boring note with tonight's game but I am stoked for next year.

A very good season.

On the agenda for next year:
  • Fix the OT system: If the score is tied at the end of regulation, just play a fifth quarter (15 minutes 2 TO’s) giving the team with the ball the same field position as you do in the beginning of the 2nd and 4th quarters. This would get rid of the anti-competitive kneel down to end the game and make teams try to advance the ball and score right up until the final whistle of the 4th quarter. It also gets rid of the kickoff which is a very unhealthy play apparently. It also allows both teams to get the ball in an overtime game and introduces clock management. If the score is tied at the end of the fifth quarter, you have tie in the regular season. If it happens in the playoffs, you then go to a sudden death scenario if the score is still tied at the end of the fifth quarter.
  • Get rid of the Pro-Bowl.
  • Stop incentivizing the tanking of games to get high draft picks. You do this by taking the bottom 8 teams record wise and awarding the highest drafting positions to teams with the best records in the last three games. So if you have two teams with a 2-14 record; the team that won it’s last 2 games gets the draft pick over the team that was 2-12 and tanked its games. Now, this may mean that a team that is 4-12 may draft higher than a team that is 1-15 in rare cases. The point is to make the teams play the games to win.

What a shit game.

I watched the 1982 Washington/Dallas Championship game after, sans commercials, just to get a renewed feel for real football.

Damn, but Dexter Manley knocked the snot out of Danny White. T'was funny once again.

It seems ref decisions ruined the end of the year and SB. Coulda been NO vs. Chiefs today. I know i know Rams and NE played as good (maybe better overall) but some game ending situations were taken away by REFS.

Anti-Climatic. I watched w/o interest.

Thinking about swearing off the Uber Bowl....Four hours is just too damned long to stretch out one game.

Oh i did for many years but i kinda got sucked back in. I moved and got NFL red-zone channel. And MLB network. Keeps me off MSM.

Forum List

Back