Warming of oceans due to climate change is unstoppable, say US scientists

We are all going to die unless we give up everything we own for comfort and our livelihoods too according to these sick so called (Scientist) in the Globull warming cult. you better wake up and fast

Great so we can zero out all funding for Climate change

Why? You don't think we should understand our planets climates? I think we should fund science more as we learn more and we're better off doing so. I hate you loserterians as you don't believe in science or explorations.

Do us a favor, hop up and down on the planet to move it further from the Sun

How much will the oceans cool for each 10PPM reduction in CO2?

Answer with a number.

I don't know as I am NOT a climate scientist. With more research maybe one of those can find your answer...Science is always evolving...

Of course you would defund it and want it to stop.

these Liberal/commie so called (scientist) on the governments payrolls around the world. their gig is all about CONTROL and not of the freaking earths climate. because they can't do a damn thing about it: UNLESS it HURTS YOU and you living/lifestyle . wake up

I'm sorry I'd believe in climate change if A. There was good evidence of it.

There is an enormous amount of evidence for it. Did you try reading the abstract of AMETSOC's "State of the Climate 2014"? I posted above?

Satellites show us no warming trend for over 20 years

Satellites? The sum of our instruments show it is still warming. The lastest research says there has been no pause, no hiatus. The oceans have continued to warm. The radiative imbalance at the top of our atmosphere - as measured by satellites - has continued to grow.

as a matter of fact we seem to be heading in a cooling trend.

No, we are not.

B. if our own government was actually doing real things about it.

That's a completely meaningless criterion.

This administration shut down the hydrogen car program after the GM bailout.

Doesn't look particularly shut down to me.
DOE Hydrogen and Fuel Cells Program Home Page

Hydrogen cars produce NO emissions, it's a car run off a gas that is just a proton and an electron!
Not to mention the most abundant element in the world and universe.

Are you suggesting that the harm in burning fossil fuels is all the fault of those noxious neutrons? Hydrogen combustion programs have pretty much all shut down for two seemingly insurmountable problems: the amount of energy one can get burning hydrogen with air and storing the amount of hydrogen that you'd need to carry with you to get an acceptable range. Almost all hydrogen propulsion research these days is centered around fuel cells. As I'm sure you know, several manufacturers have fuel cell prototypes on the roads today and are planning on going into production within the next two years.

And we've been using the same nuclear technology since the 70s, we have many more efficient ways to harness energy from nuclear sources, (including ways we could produce hydrogen as a byproduct for our hydrogen cars) but I guess the whole point is not to give us reusable and clean efficient energy. Can't have the serfs not needing us, right. Or piss off our best friends Saudi Arabia

We could make use of improved fission technology. But we'd just begin to get over Three Mile Island when we had Chernobyl and we'd just begin to get over that when we had Fukushima. I love nuclear energy, but it's a hard sell at the moment.

But what about the drought in California?? How is that not evidence of climate change.

It is evidence of climate change.

Well how about that California hasn't made a new reservoir since the 70s despite having a huge population explosion, and. 75% of their rainwater goes straight into the sea.

That certainly might have affected their ability to deal with the drought, but that does not change the FACT that they ARE undergoing a severe drought unprecedented in over a thousand years.

So they're not having a dust bowel like drought, but there isn't enough water to go around and the government needs to make sure you don't take a 6 minute shower

They most certainly ARE have a "dust bowel" (sic).

Last edited:

That would be the choice of idiots and fools, Frank.

Answer with a number.

A scam artist will not provide a number
Population of Africa, or

Why? You don't think we should understand our planets climates? I think we should fund science more as we learn more and we're better off doing so. I hate you loserterians as you don't believe in science or explorations.

Answer with a number.

I don't know as I am NOT a climate scientist. With more research maybe one of those can find your answer...Science is always evolving...

The Earth Has Entered Its 21st Year Without Global Warming The Daily Caller
Saw this article just yesterday.

But guys we really should believe in global warming... I mean climate change. We should kill our cattle for causing 40% of our carbon emissions. CO2 is really bad for the earth. And irrigating and planting trees and crops on10 percent of say the Arizona Desert is not a viable option. No we need to have the government take control of our resources more strictly, and have those who know better dole those resources out in a responsible way.

But guys we really should believe in global warming... I mean climate change. We should kill our cattle for causing 40% of our carbon emissions. CO2 is really bad for the earth. And irrigating and planting trees and crops on10 percent of say the Arizona Desert is not a viable option. No we need to have the government take control of our resources more strictly, and have those who know better dole those resources out in a responsible way.

Do you really think the Daily Caller is a good source for objective science information?

I'm sorry I'd believe in climate change if A. There was good evidence of it.

There is an enormous amount of evidence for it. Did you try reading the abstract of AMETSOC's "State of the Climate 2014"? I posted above?

Satellites show us no warming trend for over 20 years

Satellites? The sum of our instruments show it is still warming. The lastest research says there has been no pause, no hiatus. The oceans have continued to warm. The radiative imbalance at the top of our atmosphere - as measured by satellites - has continued to grow.

as a matter of fact we seem to be heading in a cooling trend.

No, we are not.

B. if our own government was actually doing real things about it.

That's a rather ignorantly selected criteria.

This administration shut down the hydrogen car program after the GM bailout.

Doesn't look particularly shut down to me.
DOE Hydrogen and Fuel Cells Program Home Page

Hydrogen cars produce NO emissions, it's a car run off a gas that is just a proton and an electron!
Not to mention the most abundant element in the world and universe.

Are you suggesting that the harm in burning fossil fuels is all the fault of those noxious neutrons? Hydrogen combustion programs have pretty much all shut down for two seemingly insurmountable problems: the amount of energy one can get burning hydrogen with air and storing the amount of hydrogen that you'd need to carry with you to get an acceptable range. Almost all hydrogen propulsion research these days is centered around fuel cells. As I'm sure you know, several manufacturers have fuel cell prototypes on the roads today and are planning on going into production within the next two years.

And we've been using the same nuclear technology since the 70s, we have many more efficient ways to harness energy from nuclear sources, (including ways we could produce hydrogen as a byproduct for our hydrogen cars) but I guess the whole point is not to give us reusable and clean efficient energy. Can't have the serfs not needing us, right. Or piss off our best friends Saudi Arabia

We could make use of improved fission technology. But we'd just begin to get over Three Mile Island when we had Chernobyl and we'd just begin to get over that when we had Fukushima. I love nuclear energy, but it's a hard sell at the moment.

But what about the drought in California?? How is that not evidence of climate change.

It is evidence of climate change.

Well how about that California hasn't made a new reservoir since the 70s despite having a huge population explosion, and. 75% of their rainwater goes straight into the sea.

That certainly might have affected their ability to deal with the drought, but that does not change the FACT that they ARE undergoing a severe drought unprecedented in over a thousand years.

So they're not having a dust bowel like drought, but there isn't enough water to go around and the government needs to make sure you don't take a 6 minute shower

They most certainly ARE have a "dust bowel" (sic).

Most certainly having (sic) a dust bowel. Really?? I haven't seen any videos of dust storm covering cities, and I see plenty of people still eating al fresca. I wouldn't call that a dust bowel, eating outside would be for the crazies and those with pica... Possibly the pregnant with strange cravings. But neither here nore there. Do you know what industry is also booming in California, the almond industry, thanks to the almond milk craze. Can you tell me how many gallons of water are needed to grow a single almond, and how many almonds per cartoon of and milk are required?

Data from NOAA, published by Scientific American

6_4_15_Brian_NOAAHiatusAnalysis_1050_797_s_c1_c_c.jpg

No Pause in Global Warming - Scientific American

these Liberal/commie so called (scientist) on the governments payrolls around the world. their gig is all about CONTROL and not of the freaking earths climate. because they can't do a damn thing about it: UNLESS it HURTS YOU and you living/lifestyle . wake up

If you don't believe in government, science or the funding of basic things like infrastructure...Well, Somalia maybe the place for you....

Not saying that Obama hasn't set back this country decades in the mid term.

Most certainly having (sic) a dust bowel. Really?? I haven't seen any videos of dust storm covering cities, and I see plenty of people still eating al fresca. I wouldn't call that a dust bowel, eating outside would be for the crazies and those with pica... Possibly the pregnant with strange cravings. But neither here nore there. Do you know what industry is also booming in California, the almond industry, thanks to the almond milk craze. Can you tell me how many gallons of water are needed to grow a single almond, and how many almonds per cartoon of and milk are required?

This is even from global warming denier site WattsUpWithThat:

california_drought.jpg

Do you really think the Daily Caller is a good source for objective science information?
Doesn't mean the satellite data isn't true. Satellite data can't be cherry picked. Unlike other government Sponsored data. Also doesn't mean that the ice caps have not practically doubled in size. Also going by your scientist, cattle makes up 40% of our carbon emissions... I wonder how much humans make by breathing/ farting? Also from your scientist, the earth is overpopulated so how do we stop it?

Answer with a number.

I want a number. Should be simple enough but it feels like asking Bernie Madoff for his numbers

california_drought.jpg

^ from the same guy who discounted the entire USA as contributing towards "warming" when we showed a decade long cooling.

What wildly inconsistent posts!

california_drought.jpg
Based on what though, available water per cit? Besides droughts happen... Often. Human history is filled with them and humans trying to please the gods to stop the drought. The problem is California trying to control their population.... And 75% of rain water going into the sea. You don't hear Vegas complaining about a drought. And it still doesn't stop the fact that the same people in power screaming about climate change are the ones squashing real renewable energy, and real ways of reducing carbon emissions... Like if we irrigate some desert land and plant a lot of trees, trees breath CO2, therefore more land to farm, more food for people, and less carbon. No it's you need to reduce your resources, let us choose what's good for the earth and you. And look at what California is doing with the drought, case and point. Not making more reservoirs, not catching at least 60% of the rain water like a normal state with half of California's population.

If you don't believe in government, science or the funding of basic things like infrastructure...Well, Somalia maybe the place for you....

Not saying that Obama hasn't set back this country decades in the mid term.
The best objective science funded by government will always be found in DARPA. Oh and sociology, psychology, and anthropology, they got a wealth of data to go off of with the NSA and how to say and tweak things a certain way to get the population to go along with what they want. But I think science gets a long just fine... Actually better when a government isn't holding a stick and carrot. Didn't see tesla or Edison being told where to go by the stick and carrot. Don't see much stick and carrot in Silicon Valley... Although that's getting worse. Only time the Stick and carrot was good, was when Kennedy told NASA their goal was the moon, and you have this much time... But NASA was a govt program. How much did the govt help in developing FM radio...or the telephone, I seem to remember those techs being nothing but held back by the govt. How long was gps out for until the govt decided to let the surfs use it? How slow is the internet after all these years with absence of govt regulation. Ask Eric Schmidt how long have we had the tech for the driverless car, and why we haven't made it sooner

The Drought Index, which is what is displayed in the graphs I posted, is calculated from temperature and rainfall. And droughts like the current one haven't happened in over 1,200 years. So, NOT often. As to Las Vegas and the drought, we most certainly do hear concerns expressed.

Region in jeopardy How we might beat Western drought - Las Vegas Sun News

Feds project Lake Mead below drought trigger point in 2017 - Las Vegas Sun News

Drought Information Statement Products for Las Vegas NV

http://www.newsweek.com/2014/07/18/...g-las-vegas-take-extreme-measures-258092.html

As Lake Mead Levels Drop The West Braces For Bigger Drought Impact NPR

and so forth

What "real renewable energy" do you believe "people in power" are "squashing"? The government has provided subsidies and tax breaks for wind, solar PV, solar thermal and other alternative technologies. Please clarify.

Irrigating the desert is not a viable solution to global warming - certainly not by itself. Look at this graph of CO2 resulting from the deforestation just in the Amazon basin: In 2001, the loss of 1.6 million hectares (~4 million acres) added, in effect, 600 million tonnes of CO2 to the Earth's atmosphere. Human combustion of fossil fuel in that same year, added about 25 billion tons. The deforestation of the Amazon was responsible for about 2.4% of added CO2. If you think you can irrigate and plant an area of desert equal to 42 times the area lost in the Amazon, more power to you.

17.jpg

Forum List

Back