Warm Bagels and Heavy Winds

Thinking of you, Jill... Hope everyone is safe and sound!! :eusa_pray:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmHgY_J63Ik]Ryan Adams - New York, New York - YouTube[/ame]

Well, life inside zone B ... Lets see. Still have no landline or TV or cell service or internet. Lost my AT&T service on my iPad at about 7 pm. That pretty much put us incommunicado with the outside world. Then at about 9:39 pm, we lost all of our power. All I could thnk was, wtf?!?!?! I thought things were supposed to get better, not worse!,, and I figured I've kept our phones and computers charged, so we'd be good. Who knew they would serve as paperweights?

Power is back on for now and iPad is working for now, but I don't think I have had a weirder feeling than standing on the terrace after the lights went out and being unable to so much as find out what was happening.

Last edited:
Oh......I thought you were talking about warm Beagles........

dog-found-very-friendly-tasted-like-chicken-2.jpg

Awwwwwwwwwww

:clap2:

They might be turning off your power intermittently to do repairs. I hope things get better for you quickly. How are your pets doing?

Well, life inside zone B ... Lets see. Still have no landline or TV or cell service or internet. Lost my AT&T service on my iPad at about 7 pm. That pretty much put us incommunicado with the outside world. Then at about 9:39 pm, we lost all of our power. All I could thnk was, wtf?!?!?! I thought things were supposed to get better, not worse!,, and I figured I've kept our phones and computers charged, so we'd be good. Who knew they would serve as paperweights?

Power is back on for now and iPad is working for now, but I don't think I have had a weirder feeling than standing on the terrace after the lights went out and being unable to so much as find out what was happening.

ppsssttt....

battery operated radio..... :tongue: now ya know what to give as gifts this year.....

ppsssttt....

battery operated radio..... :tongue: now ya know what to give as gifts this year.....

:lol: Or maybe one of these!

Solar And Crank Powered Emergency Radio With LED Flashlight And USB Charger
http://www.plowhearth.com/product.a...pcode=404220&gclid=CNW1kZTXq7MCFcqY4Aod0kYA5w
65156x.jpg

One of our friends got flooded that I know of. I haven't yet heard from two of my closest friends who are in zone A. My brother in Hoboken has no power. Neither does the family in manalapan. And we are afraid to find out about the shore house.
I am SO glad you are okay. Here's to hoping your friends are as well and the shore house survived the storm.

My friend on the island is ok. They lost their car and the bottom of their house was flooded. I still haven't heard from my friend near the beach. My brother relocated to a hotel in the city. Still haven't checked the house on the shore b/c no one has gone down there yet.

And it took me over two hours to travel the 10 miles to work today.

ppsssttt....

Yeah, yeah, yeah... That's what my dad said. Lol

lol.... i have hand crank radio and flashlights.... and a generator.

I'm wearing a small flashlight around my neck. True story.

I have a little one in my pocket! Working off a gas powered generator at work. Also, FYI there is a flashlight app you can download to your phone, so if you have the ability to charge your phone in your car or wherever, you will always have light too! :thup:

One of our friends got flooded that I know of. I haven't yet heard from two of my closest friends who are in zone A. My brother in Hoboken has no power. Neither does the family in manalapan. And we are afraid to find out about the shore house.
I am SO glad you are okay. Here's to hoping your friends are as well and the shore house survived the storm.

My friend on the island is ok. They lost their car and the bottom of their house was flooded. I still haven't heard from my friend near the beach. My brother relocated to a hotel in the city. Still haven't checked the house on the shore b/c no one has gone down there yet.

Wow. I was reading how snarled up traffic is....I have some stuff that is supposed to leave NYC on Friday but that is looking dimmer by the minute. I am happy to hear your friend is okay, hopefully the other one is as well.

lol.... i have hand crank radio and flashlights.... and a generator.

I'm wearing a small flashlight around my neck. True story.

I have a little one in my pocket! Working off a gas powered generator at work. Also, FYI there is a flashlight app you can download to your phone, so if you have the ability to charge your phone in your car or wherever, you will always have light too! :thup:

My son has that app. I think I had it on my old phone. Good idea to download it again.

Oy vey! Glad you're okay, sweetheart... Stay safe and this too shall pass... :beer:

Wow. I was reading how snarled up traffic is....I have some stuff that is supposed to leave NYC on Friday but that is looking dimmer by the minute. I am happy to hear your friend is okay, hopefully the other one is as well.

Yah. Some nasty stuff. But this, too, shall pass. Thanks for the good wishes... From you and everyone else.

Oy vey! Glad you're okay, sweetheart... Stay safe and this too shall pass... :beer:

Hey! I just said that! Lol

Forum List

Back