War with Isis: Meet the Kurdish women's militia fighting for their families west of the Syrian town

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
Too bad the Iraqi men don't fight like the Kurdish women.

War with Isis: Meet the Kurdish women's militia fighting for their families west of the Syrian town of Ras al-Ayn

17-Syrian-AFP-Getty.jpg

Exhausted from days of fighting, Kurdish women are leading a pincer movement against Isis at the northern end of the road that leads to the jihadists’ Syrian capital. They speak to Patrick Cockburn in Ras al-Ayn, Syria

PATRICK COCKBURN
plus.png

RAS AL-AYN, SYRIA

Monday 25 May 2015

facebook.png

twitter.png

googleplus.png

reddit.png

linkedin.png

share.png

PRINT
A
A A
The Kurdish soldiers relax half a mile behind the front line where they have been battling Isis forces west of the Syrian town of Ras al-Ayn. The women are in no doubt about why they are fighting.

Nujaan, who is 27 and has been a soldier for four years, says that Isis’s “target is women”. She says: “Look at Shingal [in Iraq] where they raped the women and massacred the men. It is a matter of honour to defend ourselves first, and then ourfamilies and lands.” Sitting beside her is Zenya, 22, who adds that she also “is fighting for myself and my family”.

Continue reading at:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/war-with-isis-meet-the-kurdi

Too bad the Iraqi men don't fight like the Kurdish women.

War with Isis: Meet the Kurdish women's militia fighting for their families west of the Syrian town of Ras al-Ayn

17-Syrian-AFP-Getty.jpg

Exhausted from days of fighting, Kurdish women are leading a pincer movement against Isis at the northern end of the road that leads to the jihadists’ Syrian capital. They speak to Patrick Cockburn in Ras al-Ayn, Syria

PATRICK COCKBURN
plus.png

RAS AL-AYN, SYRIA

Monday 25 May 2015

facebook.png

twitter.png

googleplus.png

reddit.png

linkedin.png

share.png

PRINT
A
A A
The Kurdish soldiers relax half a mile behind the front line where they have been battling Isis forces west of the Syrian town of Ras al-Ayn. The women are in no doubt about why they are fighting.

Nujaan, who is 27 and has been a soldier for four years, says that Isis’s “target is women”. She says: “Look at Shingal [in Iraq] where they raped the women and massacred the men. It is a matter of honour to defend ourselves first, and then ourfamilies and lands.” Sitting beside her is Zenya, 22, who adds that she also “is fighting for myself and my family”.

Continue reading at:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/war-with-isis-meet-the-kurdi
Sluts .... :cool:

Forum List

Back