Want work? Accept a job.

Gadawg73

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2009
Georgia
We were at a convention center a few weeks ago and sawone of the areas used as a jobs conference with the Chamber sponsored by some government entity.
85% of the men there were in suit and tie and many had briefcases.
Most of the jobs were hands on work such as office assistant at $2500 to start with benefits.
We know many unemployed that will not accept many types of work unless it is a 9-5 job with benefits.
Folks, you have to look for what is available, NOT what you want.
Horse and buggy days are over.

I get incensed when my students make fun of the cafeteria ladies or the people who work at McDonalds. They will be lucky to find jobs like that when they graduate. Clueless.

The.biggest amusement co in our area has to hire foreigners because the folks around here won't work for minimum wage. Its less shameful to scam the system.

Accepting something less than what you deserve is degrading; I choose to stand and fight. If I were responsible for the current crisis, I'd bite the bullet and take what I could get. I'm not responsible, so I'll wait until I find what I consider to be acceptable, thank you very much!

Accepting something less than what you deserve is degrading; I choose to stand and fight. If I were responsible for the current crisis, I'd bite the bullet and take what I could get. I'm not responsible, so I'll wait until I find what I consider to be acceptable, thank you very much!

Who exactly decides what you deserve? What makes you better than anyone else?

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

Have fun going hungry and homeless then.

But at least you made a stand!

cool_story_bro.jpg

I have the means, so I am going back to school. But I would take anything if I were not in my current place.
I don't like unemployment either.

There is nothing "degrading" about honest labor, and if you think there is, then what you "deserve" is to be an unemployed, whinging loser . . . WITHOUT my tax dollars in the form of welfare, thank you very much.

Who exactly decides what you deserve? What makes you better than anyone else?

What the fuck kind of response is that???!!!!!! I decide what I deserve, and if I don't then I work for someone else. Doesn't make him or I any better or worse than you.

There is nothing "degrading" about honest labor, and if you think there is, then what you "deserve" is to be an unemployed, whinging loser . . . WITHOUT my tax dollars in the form of welfare, thank you very much.

It's very degrading to have to support slackers like this one.
Last hunting season I hired a young guy to help out on my hunts. I am a hunting/fishing guide. I worked as an engineer for 26 years, and I am not above shoveling a little horse shit. But i don't like putting up with horseshit!
I had to put up with so much whining i don't know if I would do it again. He even complained about tacking the horses!!!
It was different when I was young, I worked as a ranch hand starting when I was 12. I didn't dare complain, but now....
I hired this guy, but he would never make a hand.

I'm surprised by the posts that follow mine, especially the one that hints at my losing privileges. Who made you judge and jury; I am entitled to my opinion.

I've worked very hard all my life, putting in an average of 60 hours per week for the past 40 years. And so, having put in my time, I will determine what I believe I deserve.

I wouldn't consider my post a case of my being a whinging (that's whining) loser; some one must be envious of my unwillingness to settle for something less.

I'm surprised by the posts that follow mine, especially the one that hints at my losing privileges. Who made you judge and jury; I am entitled to my opinion.

I've worked very hard all my life, putting in an average of 60 hours per week for the past 40 years. And so, having put in my time, I will determine what I believe I deserve.

I wouldn't consider my post a case of my being a whinging (that's whining) loser; some one must be envious of my unwillingness to settle for something less.

IMO, if you have a savings account that you've built up, and you're living off of, you should feel free to hold out for as long as you want, for whatever you want.

However, if someone ELSE is footing the bill for you to sit on your self-righteous throne, I think you should take what's offered, while you look for what you think you "deserve".

Hard to find a gig that is up to your standards with you holding your pants up with one hand and having dinner plates in your ears.
unemployable much?
You should be a rock star.

Hard to find a gig that is up to your standards with you holding your pants up with one hand and having dinner plates in your ears.
unemployable much?

Rock stars are employed.

unemployable much?

Rock stars are employed.
Oh snap!

Touche'

I M 54. At age 17 I went to work full time in 1973. In 1979 I owned my own home at age 23. Everyone said I was insane because I bought a house in an area of white flight. Some great folks were my neighbors there. All a different color than me. I started college in 1978 and graduated in 1985. Started my own business in 1983. Built my own home in 1983 here in north Georgia with 12 acres. Paid it all off in 1992. Free and clear.
Drove old cars for many years. I have 225K on my vehicle now.
I cleaned toilets at age 19 and 20 for a company that cleaned office buildings. I ran errands and sold shoes for the old Kinney shoe company. In 1979 I started as a gopher for a large law firm in Atlanta. In 1983 I left there as lead investigator.
Today I own a detective agency and an investment company. Last week I went and picked up 6 boxes of files and delivered it to a law firm for $100. $ is $ and I M worth 2 mil.
Sit on your ass and wait for work and you will never achieve your potential. People like to see agressive seekers of work. Most of my clients are young lawyers now.
Never turn away work and you will go far. All 3 of my kids go to school and they all work.

Got it, you're a lazy elitist snob.

We were at a convention center a few weeks ago and sawone of the areas used as a jobs conference with the Chamber sponsored by some government entity.
85% of the men there were in suit and tie and many had briefcases.
Most of the jobs were hands on work such as office assistant at $2500 to start with benefits.
We know many unemployed that will not accept many types of work unless it is a 9-5 job with benefits.
Folks, you have to look for what is available, NOT what you want.
Horse and buggy days are over.

Yep settle for less.
less with no insurance and poor Tiny Tim needing an operation.

Forum List

Back