Wanna see my new ride?

My brother has one of these scooters. One thing he learned the hard way was to make sure you have good batteries and keep them charged.

Just pray you don't run into the likes of George Costanza...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csuZHyW-iGI]Seinfeld - George vs. The Geriatric Bike Gang - YouTube[/ame]

It was charged two weeks ago and hasn't been since...and today I was bookin' all around the back yard. It is half charged...hence only one battery working properly. It just won't charge up so I need a new one. The other is holding the charge just fine. But yes..I will make sure it is fully ready to go before I go too far.

I don't have insurance. We survive by hubby doing scrapping metals, yard salin for deals and then selling on craigslist, and his SSI until I get mine. Inlaws owe us every month, so...we just deducted what they owed in utility bills.

I just got back from PaceSaver Plus III website. DAYUM. Almost 3 grand for the one sitting right there in the dining room.And batteries are ATROCIOUS. They only sell them in pairs...for "just" 300 bucks. Like, OUCH. I only need one. So I will see if I can hunt one up eventually. For now, it runs great on the one battery. I just won't go further than a few miles cuz with both batteries, it has a life span of 30 miles per charge. It only charges half way (due to one battery working).And I don't plan to go 30 miles nor 15, lol. But I have hills on both sides of me so...empty lots two doors down both ways is where I plan to ride it. Bet there is a bunch of Pee-Mail my dogs need to check and haven't for over a year. :lmao:

Good thing the control panel thingy is in tiptop condition. Getting a new one is "only" 569 bucks. DOUBLE ouch!

Hit a Batteries Plus or similar place, or plug the info on the battery tag into Google...there are other sources!

But batteries really SHOULD be replaced in sets.

file_37_1_1.jpg

Yeah, yeah. I know. But, it was such a pretty day today although cold, and I wanted to take the dogs on a longer walk and I just couldn't. Hips were on fire by the time I got two doors down. So I hobbled into the field and let them off their leash and I sat on a stump until the ache went away while they sniffety smelled and checked all their P-Mail, then I hobbled home with them. Inlaws bought this a few months ago, deciced to never use it, and sold it to me for a whopping 35 bucks.

I kinda like it. I need to paint flames on it though, with GO GRANNY in fancy text.:lol:

Needs;

tassles for the handle bars

spinning hub caps

And some kind of scull with the 'slow moving vehicle' triangle in it's mouth.

Forum List

Back