Wanderlust: Demonology/Design

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
When I watch a movie about an exotic place such as Barcelona (Spain) or Milan (Italy), I get the yearning to go there and see it for myself (live!).

Maybe this explains the mental draw of horror films, since fear helps us focus on ideas regarding satisfaction and the uncertainty of anticipation (regarding real life experiences).

The modern age is filled with talk about coordination and networking (e.g., European Union, Facebook, Wall Street, etc.). We're intrigued by cosmopolitan/metropolitan sophistication and the rewards of well-designed labyrinths (e.g., Las Vegas, Times Square, etc.). We're dazzled by the bright lights of big cities.

As civilization progresses, we might 'yearn' to visit entirely new planets (e.g., Mars, Venus, etc.) to fulfill our basic yearnings for 'Wanderlust' (the desire to travel and see new places).

Maybe the progression towards elaborate urban 'grids' of vibrant work and play (Wall Street, nightclubs, etc.) is leading humanity towards a metaphysical curiosity about completely foreign ideas and even strange beings (e.g., aliens, angels, etc.).

Does this explain why new age video-games (e.g., Mortal Kombat) present very bizarre interactive 'avatars' such as Raiden (god of lightning) and Reptile (juice-spewing warrior)? These avatars symbolize our modern curiosity about the totally alien or unknown and fulfill our enduring Wanderlust in the midst of congested and intricate American cities such as New York.

Perhaps Wanderlust will lead us to a new consciousness...

How will our consumerism-centric 'TrumpUSA' be coordinated with traditional spiritualism and religion?

That's what really concerns me. How do we separate vitality from childishness?

lights.jpg

Forum List

Back