Walter Jones: obama if you start anymore wars without Congressional approval

Well... how does anyone expect an impeachment proceeding to happen? I know that Clinton showed up and infamously answered some questions BUT.... since then, there is a new precedent that was set. The Bush / Cheney White House introduced the new law of the land that the executive branch DOES NOT HAVE TO SHOW FOR CONGRESSIONAL SUBPOENAS. Dick Cheney along with 5 or 6 others in the Bush White House were in contempt of congress for quite a while and the DOJ elected not to prosecute them for not answering subpoenas. So.... as long as the executive branch controls the DOJ, if we ever do have another impeachment situation, how do you guys expect to compel anyone to show? We have precedent. The executive branch no longer answers to congress.... even when they DEMAND AN ANSWER.... if the President says "no, no one from here is showing up", he then simply instructs the DOJ not to prosecute anyone and congress can kindly shove their worthless subpoena up their rectum.

Thanks President Bush!

(Yes, IT IS Bush's fault)

Really I guess you will site your source after making that claim.

Last edited:
I wonder if this clown knows that Bush invaded Afghanistan without Congressional approval...Oh, and dumbass....we're still there.

What's even stupider is making the claim that Bush invaded Afghanistan without congressional approval.
True story :lmao:
Declaration of war by the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The United States has formally declared war against foreign nations five separate times,

Afghanistan aint one of those times lilrebnyc1775 :clap2:

Dumb com
Military engagements authorized by Congress
2001 war in Afghanistan, also known as Operation Enduring Freedom
You use wiki I'll use wiki

Well... how does anyone expect an impeachment proceeding to happen? I know that Clinton showed up and infamously answered some questions BUT.... since then, there is a new precedent that was set. The Bush / Cheney White House introduced the new law of the land that the executive branch DOES NOT HAVE TO SHOW FOR CONGRESSIONAL SUBPOENAS. Dick Cheney along with 5 or 6 others in the Bush White House were in contempt of congress for quite a while and the DOJ elected not to prosecute them for not answering subpoenas. So.... as long as the executive branch controls the DOJ, if we ever do have another impeachment situation, how do you guys expect to compel anyone to show? We have precedent. The executive branch no longer answers to congress.... even when they DEMAND AN ANSWER.... if the President says "no, no one from here is showing up", he then simply instructs the DOJ not to prosecute anyone and congress can kindly shove their worthless subpoena up their rectum.

Thanks President Bush!

Really I guess your site your source after making that claim.

What claim? That Cheney and others were in contempt of congress? It's a fact my friend. The Bush White House flat told congress to get bent when 5 or 6 people, including Cheney were issued subpeonas to appear before congress. And not a thing was ever done about it. I have been asking people ever since how we would expect to ever impeach anyone again. There is no way to make the executive branch answer to congress anymore. Not so long as they get to tell the DOJ what to enforce. Unless congress can convince the DOJ to go after the White House, it won't happen. Already played out. Congressional subpoenas are no longer worth the paper they are written on.

I wonder if this clown knows that Bush invaded Afghanistan without Congressional approval...Oh, and dumbass....we're still there.

What's even stupider is making the claim that Bush invaded Afghanistan without congressional approval.
True story :lmao:

Here's what is dumb. YOU

Congress, more specifically the Senate, never declared War on Afghanistan, and that wasn't required. Using military force =/= declared war, and there is NO constitutional requirement for there to be a declared war before US forces can be deployed. In fact in over 180 military actions through our history only FIVE have been declared wars and that has nothing to do with who's in office at the time.

Who said anything about declaration of war? I said Bush got approval to send troops to Afghanistan. So how stupid are you?

Thanks President Bush!

What claim? That Cheney and others were in contempt of congress? It's a fact my friend. The Bush White House flat told congress to get bent when 5 or 6 people, including Cheney were issued subpeonas to appear before congress. And not a thing was ever done about it. I have been asking people ever since how we would expect to ever impeach anyone again. There is no way to make the executive branch answer to congress anymore. Not so long as they get to tell the DOJ what to enforce. Unless congress can convince the DOJ to go after the White House, it won't happen. Already played out. Congressional subpoenas are no longer worth the paper they are written on.

Yes that claim.

Yes that claim.

Are you kidding me man? Karl Rove, Condoleeza Rice, Hariett Meirs, Dick Cheney...geezus, I'd have to go dig up the list. The Bush White House did this DOZENS of times. THe last person to TRY and ignore congressional subpoenas was Nixon. Bush / Cheney instituted a blanket policy citing executive privilege. Hell, Karl Rove has ignore SEVERAL congressional subpoenas.

This is all well known and documented fact.

Karl Rove, President Bush's longtime political guru, refused to obey an order to testify before a House Judiciary Committee hearing Thursday.

Rove's lawyer asserted that Rove was "immune" from the subpoena the committee had issued, arguing that the committee could not compel him to testify due to "executive privilege."

The panel is investigating allegations that Rove and his White House allies dismissed U.S. attorneys and prosecuted officials who they saw as political opponents.

Rove ignores committee's subpoena, refuses to testify - CNN

Now... this is just ONE INSTANCE where Rove claimed "executive privilege" to ignore a subpoena to testify before congress. There were several instances with Rove doing this.

Dude, if Emmanuel or an Obama staffer snubbed a congressional subpoena you guys heads would explode. This was COMMON PRACTICE in the Bush White House. It went on for years and dozens of subpoenas they refused to answer.

There is a precedent now for how the executive branch can chose to ignore Congress. So long as the White House holds sway over DOJ, congressional subpoenas are WORTHLESS. You can thank Bush... more precisely, Dick Cheney and Karl Rove were the masters of this new tactic.

If you got a problem with it, take it up with Dick and Karl.

There is no Treaty that I know of that gives the president authority to go to war without congressional approval. If so site the source.
Did Congress declare war on Iraq? No.

YES...it did...

"The Iraq Resolution or the Iraq War Resolution (formally the Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 2002,[1] Pub.L. 107-243, 116 Stat. 1498, enacted October 16, 2002, H.J.Res. 114) is a joint resolution passed by the United States Congress in October 2002 as Public Law No: 107-243, authorizing military action against Iraq."

Iraq Resolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So try again.............
That wasn't a declaration of war. Sorry.

Thanks President Bush!

Does everyone have to do your work for you, Rebecca?

Yes that claim.

Are you kidding me man? Karl Rove, Condoleeza Rice, Hariett Meirs, Dick Cheney...geezus, I'd have to go dig up the list. The Bush White House did this DOZENS of times. THe last person to TRY and ignore congressional subpoenas was Nixon. Bush / Cheney instituted a blanket policy citing executive privilege. Hell, Karl Rove has ignore SEVERAL congressional subpoenas.

Make him do his own Googling. He's a lazy retard.

Yes that claim.

It's not bigreb's homework. It's Willy's.

I see your still not too clear on the whole "make a claim, provide citation" thing.

But that's because you're a dumbass.

Yes that claim.

Fuck you cyndie he made the claim he needs to provide proof.

Thanks President Bush!

Does everyone have to do your work for you, Rebecca?

Isn't it a board rule that if you make a claim you are supposed to provide a source to support your claim? It's not for me to do his home work.

The fucking idiot doesn't know that all Obama's actions are founded in treaty and existing law. I hope this brain dead idiot tries to impeach. I guess he didn't know that Kadafi is a known terrorist, in spite of Bush trying to kiss his ass.

There is no Treaty that I know of that gives the president authority to go to war without congressional approval. If so site the source.
Did Congress declare war on Iraq? No.

Congress gave it's approval. Did Congress make an official declaration of war against Iraq No did they give approval yes.

Here's what is dumb. YOU

Congress, more specifically the Senate, never declared War on Afghanistan, and that wasn't required. Using military force =/= declared war, and there is NO constitutional requirement for there to be a declared war before US forces can be deployed. In fact in over 180 military actions through our history only FIVE have been declared wars and that has nothing to do with who's in office at the time.

Please see my post #23...It seems they did.

Incorrect. The entire Congress passed a RESOLUTION, which is not legally the same thing as a Declaration of war. A small, but significant difference.

It's still a lot more than Obama did.....

It's not bigreb's homework. It's Willy's.

I see your still not too clear on the whole "make a claim, provide citation" thing.

But that's because you're a dumbass.
When your claim is common knowledge - or should be to people participating on a political message board - why should you have to provide a link?

If Rebecca can't keep up, he should go post at the Barbie forum.

Major League pitchers don't ease up on their fastballs for the weak hitters, dumbfuck.

Forum List

Back