Walter Jones: obama if you start anymore wars without Congressional approval

I have been asking for YEARS how we would ever be able to impeach a president again, after the blanket policy of the Bush White House that not only the President enjoys executive privilege, not just the Vice Pres, not just the Staff.... even plain citizens that were ONCE on staff of the President had executive immunity from Subpoenas. Heck... I didn't even think the PRESIDENT had immunity from a Congressional subpoena... how else do you impeach him? Even if he is immune, how do you expect to get testimony from anyone in the White House?

Now... no one wanted to answer this question back 5 or 6 years ago. Anyone want to answer now? How do you expect that we can ever impeach anyone again? I think the answer is, we've descended to a point that if the President can keep the DOJ in his pocket, like Bush / Cheney did, that means there is no domestic / civilian enforcement of US law. You can walk around freely in contempt. So, like a Banana Republic, someone would have to try and use a militia or the military... basically, it now takes a coup to impeach the President unless he volunteers his staff, cabinet, etc. to attend. Otherwise, they don't have to even show up.

Yep.... George W. Bush and Dick Cheney did some serious damage. And now the dems get to use the unprecedented expansion of executive powers. And like someone said earlier, all you can do about it now is whine. Maybe remember this next time your looking the other way when your own guys are raping the constitution. Just like a drunken slut, everyone gets a turn now.

Link?

And more importantly: who gives a shit what the U.N. says?

Funny how the U.N. is important when wingnuts want it to be.

I don't care if they call it war or not. I was responding to a leftwingnut saying congress did not declare war on Iraq so Obama can do whatever he pleases. Officially labeling our use of military force against terrorist & anyone who harbors them a "WAR" is the President's call. If he does not want to be tried for war crimes by the UN at the Hague, then it is best to never say we declared a war so there can be no war crimes.

No. It's Congress' call.

Damn, the stupid is strong in this thread.

The War Powers Act gives the President that power for 60 days. Congress has the power to declare "WAR". Neither have officially declared "WAR" since WWII.

I don't care if they call it war or not. I was responding to a leftwingnut saying congress did not declare war on Iraq so Obama can do whatever he pleases. Officially labeling our use of military force against terrorist & anyone who harbors them a "WAR" is the President's call. If he does not want to be tried for war crimes by the UN at the Hague, then it is best to never say we declared a war so there can be no war crimes.

No. It's Congress' call.

Damn, the stupid is strong in this thread.

The War Powers Act gives the President that power for 60 days. Congress has the power to declare "WAR". Neither have officially declared "WAR" since WWII.

That's exactly what I have been saying. We did not declare war on Iraq. But try telling that to Rebecca. He doesn't quite get it.

We are going to impeach your ass.

Congressman Walter Jones moves to impeach Obama - Charlotte Libertarian | Examiner.com

Expressing the sense of Congress that the use of offensive military force by a President without prior and clear authorization of an Act of Congress constitutes an impeachable high crime and misdemeanor under article II, section 4 of the Constitution.

Continue reading on Examiner.com Congressman Walter Jones moves to impeach Obama -
:clap2:

Should he lie like Bush and the Republicans? Would that make it OK?

We are going to impeach your ass.

Congressman Walter Jones moves to impeach Obama - Charlotte Libertarian | Examiner.com

Expressing the sense of Congress that the use of offensive military force by a President without prior and clear authorization of an Act of Congress constitutes an impeachable high crime and misdemeanor under article II, section 4 of the Constitution.

Continue reading on Examiner.com Congressman Walter Jones moves to impeach Obama -
:clap2:

Should he lie like Bush and the Republicans? Would that make it OK?

obama has lied from day one.

It seems we have two unconstitutional measures here obama thumbing his nose at congress and sending troops to war and this if what you say is true.

You need to cite a case where a Federal court has ruled that Obama – or any president, for that matter - has acted in an un-Constitutional manner in this regard.

That you or some partisan republican in Congress believes that to be the case is irrelevant.

It seems we have two unconstitutional measures here obama thumbing his nose at congress and sending troops to war and this if what you say is true.

You need to cite a case where a Federal court has ruled that Obama – or any president, for that matter - has acted in an un-Constitutional manner in this regard.

That you or some partisan republican in Congress believes that to be the case is irrelevant.

You need to cite it your own damn self. I hate god damn partisan hack democrats like you .
One more fucking thing ass hat when you quote something I say make fucking sure you use the quote feature so I can go back and view what was said. Got it? The way you respond to a fucking post is terrible.

Last edited:
Really I guess you will site your source after making that claim.

So, I cited one of Karl Roves failure to appear (he has several) for Congressional subpoena.

Now, you make a claim and when asked to cite:

You need to cite it your own damn self. I hate god damn partisan hack democrats like you .

Is there a reason you feel like others should provide support for their claims but you are exempt from this expectation?

I'm still waiting for a response as to why you think the entire Bush White House was given "executive privilege" to ignore subpoenas and why you think the Obama White House would be expected to NOT follow suit and just tell congress to take their subpoenas and shove them.

One more fucking thing ass hat when you quote something I say make fucking sure you use the quote feature so I can go back and view what was said. Got it? The way you respond to a fucking post is terrible.

I see you’ve still cited no case law indicating any action by any of the post-WPA presidents – democratic or republican – have acted in an un-Constitutional manner. You’re subjective partisan opinion is irrelevant, and your thread on the topic consequently a failure.

I wonder if this clown knows that Bush invaded Afghanistan without Congressional approval...Oh, and dumbass....we're still there.

May God have mercy on your soul.....

double-facepalm.jpg

I see you’ve still cited no case law indicating any action by any of the post-WPA presidents – democratic or republican – have acted in an un-Constitutional manner. You’re subjective partisan opinion is irrelevant, and your thread on the topic consequently a failure.

I see you have cite NO case law to support your opinion.
And god damit I told your fucking worthless ass to use the god damn quote feature when you respond to my post.

Really I guess you will site your source after making that claim.

So, I cited one of Karl Roves failure to appear (he has several) for Congressional subpoena.

Now, you make a claim and when asked to cite:

Is there a reason you feel like others should provide support for their claims but you are exempt from this expectation?

I'm still waiting for a response as to why you think the entire Bush White House was given "executive privilege" to ignore subpoenas and why you think the Obama White House would be expected to NOT follow suit and just tell congress to take their subpoenas and shove them.

Son bitch wants to play? I'm game. When I make a claim II will provide a source.

Forum List

Back