Walmart subsidizes the U.S. government's welfare program to a tune of. $15,080 per employee a year

Walmart needs to pay more simple as that and people would not need government help. Walmart won't so it's the governments right and job to help people or force Walmart off the tit of stealing people's labor AND having Americans subsidizing them so they can get richer

That's governments job? When did that become governments job? Can you point where that's listed at in the US Constitution?

Stealing is when you take something that doesn't belong to you, kind of like taxation. Stealing is not offering a job to somebody who agrees to work that job for said amount of money.

Walmart will be happy to pay their employees whatever you desire, but you have to be a dedicated customer. The problem is that if they pay their workers too much and have to increase the price of their products, you and millions of others will shop somewhere else.

Because WALMART has people in their HR Department whose job it is to determine what government assistance their employees qualify for, and helps them through the application process.

Because employees receiving said government assistance are closely monitored by WALMART in terms of hours and wages, to ensure that they do not work so enough hours or make enough money to lose said benefits.

:link::link::link:

Walmart rolls into communities, sets up their Big Baox stores then runs prices below the cost of stocking them for a while to drive all the locals out of business, then they raise their prices back to profitable levels, and old corporate strategem for taking over retail in a local community that has been going on for centuries.

And the trade off has always been that the corporate chain stores would at least offer competitive wages in compensation to the people who used to be business owners, often hiring the people that they put out of business.,

Well then you better get on the horn to your government officials and tell them you are aware (and have proof) of price fixing which is illegal in this country.

That's an old urban legend. Walmart also has an internet site where you pay the same for the products you can buy in the store. It's impossible for Walmart to raise it's price at particular stores after putting other stores out because they they would have to increase their internet prices as well.

Well then you better get on the horn to your government officials and tell them you are aware (and have proof) of price fixing which is illegal in this country.

That's an old urban legend.
Walmart also has an internet site where you pay the same for the products you can buy in the store. It's impossible for Walmart to raise it's price at particular stores after putting other stores out because they they would have to increase their internet prices as well.

Lol, price fixing is not an old urban legend, bro, or else you libertarians would not be so certain that all tax increases get passed on to consumers instead of spread aroudn in price cuts, lower profits, etc.

Nope, if it all gets passed along to consumers then competition is broken and not working to protect consumers.

Lol, price fixing is not an old urban legend, bro, or else you libertarians would not be so certain that all tax increases get passed on to consumers instead of spread aroudn in price cuts, lower profits, etc.

Nope, if it all gets passed along to consumers then competition is broken and not working to protect consumers.

So what you're saying is price fixing is legal in this country? Do you really want to stand by that?

If anything, Walmart draws customers into smaller stores.

We had a new mall open up several years ago. It was built on an old garbage dump. It's was a great mall conveniently located right off a highway ramp. Walmart opened up with many other stores and the future of the mall was very promising with expectations of even more stores opening up along the strip. In fact, they were planning to extend the strip to accommodate those stores.

Later, Walmart wanted to build a much larger superstore in a neighboring suburb. Because they had several problems with methane gas, they were able to break the contract with the new mall.

So what's the big deal? The big deal was that all those other stores had contracts as well, and the contracts were binding provided the anchor store was in business at the mall. Walmart was that anchor store. It drew business to those other stores.

So Walmart moved and ended up building that superstore and the mall began to deteriorate quickly. Because without Walmart, those other stores couldn't afford to stay open in the mall, and today, the new mall is 3/4 empty and barely holding on. The extension of the strip never happened.

If anything, Walmart helps smaller stores--not puts them out of business. And if you think my story is FOS, the name of the mall is City View in Garfield Heights if you care to look it up.

Full time walmart workers should receive govt assistance. I have zero problem with that. Cant live on 10 dollars per hour. If one does it is not really living. But some anti life folk will disagree.
FACTS why can't you people deal with the FACTS!!!!
WHO makes $10.00? What kind of worker is it???
Expressed in constant 2013 dollars, median weekly earnings of full-time wage and salary workers were $784 in the first quarter of 2014, compared with $787 in the first quarter of 2004. Among women, inflation-adjusted median earnings were $710 in the first quarter of 2014, compared with $703 a decade earlier. Inflation-adjusted median weekly earnings of men who worked full time were $859 in the first quarter of 2014, compared with $882 in the first quarter of 2004.

These data are from the Current Population Survey. To learn more, see "Usual Weekly Earnings of Wage and Salary Workers: First Quarter 2014" (HTML) (PDF), news release USDL‑14‑0605. The CPI-U from the Consumer Price Index program is used to convert all dollar values into 2013 dollars.
Median wage $784/per week or at 40 hours per week: that's nearly $20.00 hour! So where do you come up with $10.00/hour figure?
Median weekly earnings, 2004–2014 : The Economics Daily : U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

Many entry-level Walmart jobs consist of comparatively safe and non-strenuous work such as stocking shelves, working cash registers, and changing price labels. Walmart also pays competitive wages, which, for these jobs, are generally under $12 per hour, because these positions require little or no work experience or technical skills. For anyone with modest credentials, these jobs provide good work experience—experience which they can use to eventually land a higher paying job. Three out of four Walmart store managers started out as hourly associates, and those managers can earn up to $170,000 per year.
Why Do 1.4 Million Americans Work At Walmart, With Many More Trying To?

$7;25×40×52=15,080

According to MSNBC the US government then kicks in another $5,800
None

So if walmart didn't exists the us welfare system would be paying 20 grand per person instead of 6 grand per person.

Your thread title is ass backwards. Taxpayers subsidize Walmart because they're too cheap to pay a living wage.
The problem with your theory is that the taxpayers aren't obligate to pay Walmart workers a damn thing.

No, we could just let them starve and not have any access to healthcare. Is that compassionate Conservatism?

Compassion is providing a free K-12 education. To bad so many people waste that opportunity. Not to mention the trillions of dollars a year in handouts. Add up of the State and Federal programs to assist the poor. We spend more than any country on the poor.
Lol what does a k-12 education do? Most ppl are high school graduates that work at Walmart
For those that apply themselves it means increased opportunity. College grants. Scholarship awards. Unfortunately liberal utopias suck and the literacy rates and graduation rates are abysmal.

So what you're saying is price fixing is legal in this country? Do you really want to stand by that?/QUOTE]
Price fixing is legal in the same way that illegal immigration is legal; the laws are simply not enforced except against political enemies and token losers.

Full time walmart workers should receive govt assistance. I have zero problem with that. Cant live on 10 dollars per hour. If one does it is not really living. But some anti life folk will disagree.
Expressed in constant 2013 dollars, median weekly earnings of full-time wage and salary workers were $784 in the first quarter of 2014, compared with $787 in the first quarter of 2004. Among women, inflation-adjusted median earnings were $710 in the first quarter of 2014, compared with $703 a decade earlier. Inflation-adjusted median weekly earnings of men who worked full time were $859 in the first quarter of 2014, compared with $882 in the first quarter of 2004.

These data are from the Current Population Survey. To learn more, see "Usual Weekly Earnings of Wage and Salary Workers: First Quarter 2014" (HTML) (PDF), news release USDL‑14‑0605. The CPI-U from the Consumer Price Index program is used to convert all dollar values into 2013 dollars.
Median wage $784/per week or at 40 hours per week: that's nearly $20.00 hour! So where do you come up with $10.00/hour figure?
Median weekly earnings, 2004–2014 : The Economics Daily : U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

Many entry-level Walmart jobs consist of comparatively safe and non-strenuous work such as stocking shelves, working cash registers, and changing price labels. Walmart also pays competitive wages, which, for these jobs, are generally under $12 per hour, because these positions require little or no work experience or technical skills. For anyone with modest credentials, these jobs provide good work experience—experience which they can use to eventually land a higher paying job. Three out of four Walmart store managers started out as hourly associates, and those managers can earn up to $170,000 per year.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Excellent post. I'm glad you posted it here so I can put it in my arsenal.

Translation; Them serfs are well cared for. Wy there is a world of opportunity on the barony, why would anyone want to leave? The peasants LOVE being serfs!

So what you're saying is price fixing is legal in this country? Do you really want to stand by that?/QUOTE]
Price fixing is legal in the same way that illegal immigration is legal; the laws are simply not enforced except against political enemies and token losers.

Then the media should be pretty interested in such a story, wouldn't you think???

I mean, if I were put out of business due to price fixing, I would draw all the help I could get; federal government, state government, local government, company lawyers.....

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Excellent post. I'm glad you posted it here so I can put it in my arsenal.
lol, amazing

:eusa_doh:

Then the media should be pretty interested in such a story, wouldn't you think???.

You mean the corporate owned media is going to report on its owners?

Yeah, that'll work, lol.

You mean the corporate owned media is going to report on its owners?

Yeah, that'll work, lol.

The media will do anything to draw viewers or listeners. That's why Donald Trump gets so much attention. The larger the audience, the more they can charge for commercials.

Mom and Pop stores are not threatened by Walmart. Mom, Pop, and smaller stores are threatened by internet sales that go up every year. More and more people do their shopping online these days. Recently, Walmart even closed down dozens of their stores across the US alone not to mention dozens in other countries. Seems to me like Walmart faces the same enemies as smaller stores.

Mom and Pop stores are not threatened by Walmart.
roflmao

On that note, I guess I will just let you continue in your delusions, friend. I dont have time to get you to think from a more objective angle if you are going to say that Mom and Pop shops, locally owned retail stores, are not threatened by Walmart.

I just dont have that much time left to spend on the futile.

$7;25×40×52=15,080

According to MSNBC the US government then kicks in another $5,800
None

So if walmart didn't exists the us welfare system would be paying 20 grand per person instead of 6 grand per person.

Your thread title is ass backwards. Taxpayers subsidize Walmart because they're too cheap to pay a living wage.

How many government employees do you think are eligible for subsidized government insurance? how many private sector employees? A "living wage" is sloganeering with no basis in reality. What Walmart does do is hire people who can only work a few hours a week. If you do not like it, then end the earned income tax credit and see how many of these people will continue to try to work their way out of poverty. Anytime someone says "living wage", I hear "We want to keep these people on the welfare plantation instead".

No one is supposed to be living off an entry level wage job.
The purpose of low wage jobs is to gain basic skills so that one can use those skills to increase their earning power.

Mom and Pop stores are not threatened by Walmart.
roflmao

On that note, I guess I will just let you continue in your delusions, friend. I dont have time to get you to think from a more objective angle if you are going to say that Mom and Pop shops, locally owned retail stores, are not threatened by Walmart.

I just dont have that much time left to spend on the futile.
The hardware store in town is always busy. Instead of running to Lowes or Home Depot, I go to the mom and pop hardware store. They have good employees who know the products and are generally handy people.

Forum List

Back