Walmart plans new round of job cuts

Wal-Mart Plans New Round of Job Cuts
Wal-Mart Stores Inc. is preparing another round of job cuts at its headquarters before the end of the month, according to people familiar with the situation.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh that 15 bucks an hour lmao, we told you , we told you how this would go, but noooo those who can't even figure out basic economy functions think they will get paid that amount, and the food prices stays the same, or the rent stays the same, No you see when your pay goes up so does the cost of everything in the city/town.
It ends up balancing out to be the same as you were before the pya raise.
Obamacare helped knock jobs off the market because many companies esp. the smaller ones couldn't afford to pay the employee healthcare. Robots will take those jobs as well. Yep it's all a conspiracy.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Listen, every time corporate America decides to cuts jobs or ship jobs over seas, you mega nuts have got to stop blaming it on OBama and ACA. You are being duped, used and exploited by Wall Street, you simple minded rag mops. They have not lost one nickel, one dime because of ACA. They haven't missed on damn beat and billionaires are still thriving....despite ACA and fuck Wall Mart. The company treat its immigrant workers like slaves, has the worst customer service in retail history, would rather hire robots than people, is powered by the Chinese and is being out done by just about every body that can now sell food and clothes all under one roof...which is why they're losing business...don't have shit to do with ACA....MY GOD, AFTER THE GOP REPEALS IT, OBAMA IS GONE, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU NUTS GONNA DO WITH YOURSELVES.......actually read a book and learn something...I hope

Wal-Mart Plans New Round of Job Cuts
Wal-Mart Stores Inc. is preparing another round of job cuts at its headquarters before the end of the month, according to people familiar with the situation.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh that 15 bucks an hour lmao, we told you , we told you how this would go, but noooo those who can't even figure out basic economy functions think they will get paid that amount, and the food prices stays the same, or the rent stays the same, No you see when your pay goes up so does the cost of everything in the city/town.
It ends up balancing out to be the same as you were before the pya raise.
Obamacare helped knock jobs off the market because many companies esp. the smaller ones couldn't afford to pay the employee healthcare. Robots will take those jobs as well. Yep it's all a conspiracy.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Listen, every time corporate America decides to cuts jobs or ship jobs over seas, you mega nuts have got to stop blaming it on OBama and ACA. You are being duped, used and exploited by Wall Street, you simple minded rag mops. They have not lost one nickel, one dime because of ACA. They haven't missed on damn beat and billionaires are still thriving....despite ACA and fuck Wall Mart. The company treat its immigrant workers like slaves, has the worst customer service in retail history, would rather hire robots than people, is powered by the Chinese and is being out done by just about every body that can now sell food and clothes all under one roof...which is why they're losing business...don't have shit to do with ACA....MY GOD, AFTER THE GOP REPEALS IT, OBAMA IS GONE, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU NUTS GONNA DO WITH YOURSELVES.......actually read a book and learn something...I hope
They were shipping jobs off many years before Oblama was elected...So these short bus riders are just flailing cause they don't like Oblama...

Last edited:
Heh who say's they aren't danielpalos ;)
Home Depot stuff is more expensive over there, than over here.

Right. Home Depot works out purchasing deals for the product here in America, then drives it over the border, and sells it at higher prices in Mexico.

Though Mexico's higher prices may just be a reflection of tariff's and taxes, I'm not sure what kind of trade agreement Japan/China might have with Mexico. If it's not as "friendly" as the US's then that would drive costs to the consumers up.

Heh who say's they aren't danielpalos ;)
Home Depot stuff is more expensive over there, than over here.

Right. Home Depot works out purchasing deals for the product here in America, then drives it over the border, and sells it at higher prices in Mexico.

Though Mexico's higher prices may just be a reflection of tariff's and taxes, I'm not sure what kind of trade agreement Japan/China might have with Mexico. If it's not as "friendly" as the US's then that would drive costs to the consumers up.
why have third world labor costs with first world prices in a third world economy?

why have third world labor costs with first world prices in a third world economy?

Supply and demand I'd assume. Its the same reason that gold and diamonds are worth more than lead when you get down to it. If there's only one restaurant in a town, they can charge more for their food then a town that has 100s.

I'm not up to snuff on Mexican business laws/regulations/etc so you'd be better off to research the specific details of it all on the web - All of my businesses have been American based and I only invest stock-wise in foreign markets, and even that is mostly my investor guy's advice/knowledge.

Yes. They are laying people off because of that $15 minimum wage that doesn't exist. :rolleyes:

Barack Obama recently stated that anyone that is claiming that America’s economy is in decline is “peddling fiction“. Well, if the economy is in such great shape, why are major retailers shutting down hundreds of stores all over the country? Last month, I wrote about the “retail apocalypse” that is sweeping the nation, but since then it has gotten even worse. Closing stores has become the “hot new trend” in the retail world, and “space available” signs are going up in mall windows all over the United States. Barack Obama can continue huffing and puffing about how well the middle class is doing all he wants, but the truth is that the cold, hard numbers that retailers are reporting tell an entirely different story.

Earlier today, Sears Chairman Eddie Lampert released a letter to shareholders that was filled with all kinds of bad news. In this letter, he blamed the horrible results that Sears has been experiencing lately on “tectonic shifts” in consumer spending

In a letter to shareholders on Thursday, Lampert said the impact of “tectonic shifts” in consumer spending has spread more broadly in the last year to retailers “that had previously proven to be relatively immune to such shifts.”

“Walmart, Nordstrom, Macy’s, Staples, Whole Foods and many others have felt the impact of disruptive changes from online competition and new business models,” Lampert wrote.

And it is very true – Sears is doing horribly, but they are far from alone. The following are 13 major retailers that are closing down stores…

#1 Sears lost 580 million dollars in the fourth quarter of 2015 alone, and they are scheduled to close at least 50 more “unprofitable stores” by the end of this year.

#2 It is being reported that Sports Authority will file for bankruptcy in March. Some news reports have indicated that around 200 stores may close, but at this point it is not known how many of their 450 stores will be able to stay open.

#3 For decades, Kohl’s has been growing aggressively, but now it plans to shutter 18 stores in 2016.

Economic Recovery? 13 Of The Biggest Retailers In America Are Closing Down Stores

And take note of when this was written.......................

View attachment 106153

The american financial sector, Wall Street, and world bankers have been feeding the masses fiction for half a century now, our economic system is unsustainable. Instead of facing reality, we blame, just as the power structure urges us to. The substantial people are simply wringing out as much as they can before it all goes tits up.

Supply and demand I'd assume. Its the same reason that gold and diamonds are worth more than lead when you get down to it. If there's only one restaurant in a town, they can charge more for their food then a town that has 100s.

I'm not up to snuff on Mexican business laws/regulations/etc so you'd be better off to research the specific details of it all on the web - All of my businesses have been American based and I only invest stock-wise in foreign markets, and even that is mostly my investor guy's advice/knowledge.
sounds more like a distribution model dilemma; if those products are being made in that economy.

Forum List

Back