Walmart on Welfare: We support their employees so they don't have to.

Walmart could do better. America as a whole could do better in how it treats its workers. Unfortunately, too many of my Conservative friends feel compelled to defend Corporations like Walmart and denigrate Workers.

But you can be a Capitalist and still defend the workers. You don't have to Goose Step along and lick Corporate boots. Sometimes Corporations are wrong. And it's ok to point that out. Walmart does represent the 'Evil Corporation' perfectly. They've earned their reputation.

Agreed. But this thread isn't really about Wal-Mart. It's about mini,um wage nonsense.

And the minimum wage is too low.

Simple as that. What some "conservatives" can't figure out is that they need to get past the "no no no" rhetoric or they're not going to be part o the discussion of what a reasonable minimum wage would be, then they will really be pissed when they have no say.

Americans are tired of the "no no no"

Minimum wage is delusional nonsense.

Like every other employer in the universe. Was there a point?

Not me, but I'm not a greedy fuck.

Between the two of us, which of us wants to be paid more money, for no reason?
Between the two of us, which of us is more concerned with how much other people are making?
Between the two of us, which is complaining about the Walton's and the 1%, and the compensation package of so and so?

See 'greed' is....

Wanting to something that is not yours. When you look at others and say "they shouldn't have that".... that's greed.

Getting what you have rightfully earned..... is not greed.

Democrats are the party of Greed. Their entire platform is all about what others have.

Between the two of us, which of us is more concerned with how much other people are making?
Between the two of us, which is complaining about the Walton's and the 1%, and the compensation package of so and so?

See 'greed' is....

Wanting to something that is not yours. When you look at others and say "they shouldn't have that".... that's greed.

Democrats are the party of Greed. Their entire platform is all about what others have.

Okay, i'm convinced. You're retarded.

Paying people a fair wage for a day's work is not 'Greed'. It's simply the right thing to do.

I also find it amusing that as a so-called "Christian". you spend so much time defending the rich.

There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day: And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores, And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented. -- Luke 16:19-25

See 'greed' is....

Okay, i'm convinced. You're retarded.

Paying people a fair wage for a day's work is not 'Greed'. It's simply the right thing to do.

I also find it amusing that as a so-called "Christian". you spend so much time defending the rich.

You make a claim you can't substantiate and he's retarded?
What is a "fair" wage, exactly? As many times as this gets asked no lib has managed a coherent answer.

[
What is a "fair" wage, exactly? As many times as this gets asked no lib has managed a coherent answer.

Uh, no, guy, he's even more retarded than you are, and that's saying much.

But at least he isn't using a retard as a AVI like you are.

Put glasses on a retard, and he's still a retard.

Fair wage- $15.00 an hour. that sounds fair to me.

[

$200/hr sounds fair to me. If I'm the one working.
If I'm the one paying then 2/hr sounds fair.

See how that works? Probably not.

[

Yup. Which is why it shouldn't be up to you.

[

So the answer is No.
You are right, it shouldnt be up to me, unless I am either applying for a job or hiring. Same for everyone else.
Thanks, Joe. You just eviscerated the min wage argument all on your own. Knew you'd get there. Don't thank me. Just vote GOP.

[

So the answer is No.
You are right, it shouldnt be up to me, unless I am either applying for a job or hiring. Same for everyone else.
Thanks, Joe. You just eviscerated the min wage argument all on your own. Knew you'd get there. Don't thank me. Just vote GOP.

Uh, no, you really haven't.

And, yes, we should have both minimum wages that are living wages and a maximum wage that discourages the outright theft we see in big corporations.

I mean, frankly, arguing this with your lot is trying to reason with a retard who thinks Perry would be a good president.

Oh, wait. You think that. I'm so sorry.

[

So the answer is No.

Uh, no, you really haven't.

And, yes, we should have both minimum wages that are living wages and a maximum wage that discourages the outright theft we see in big corporations.

I mean, frankly, arguing this with your lot is trying to reason with a retard who thinks Perry would be a good president.

Oh, wait. You think that. I'm so sorry.
You have failed to explain why 15/hr is a sufficient min wage. Or why you should suddenly be empowered to decided something like that all on your lonesome.
For a guy who never accomplished anything you sure think highly of yourself.

Minimum wage laws essentially force the union approach on all us, outlawing "scabs".

[

So the answer is No.

Come on now, don't you think there is a REASON every civilized country has a minimum wage law?

Another case of "conservatives" being assholes and forcing themselves out of the conversation.

The moron above wants $15 an hour. So do many other morons. Then morons like you scream "no minimum wage law"

When voters go to the polls, they don't want to hear that shit, if there choice is a moron who supports no min wage law and a moron who supports $15 an hour they are going to pick the moron who supports $15 an hour EVERY time. And then Obama will be telling John " Now John , the election is over, you lost" again and conservatives will have no say in the new law, ONCE AGAIN.

A man who doesn't learn from history is doomed to repeat it, you dummies are repeating history well repeatedly.

Start supporting things people can get behind. Companies could live with a $10 an hour minimum wage and it would have immediate benefits to everyone, and that has been proven, you just want to continue being the assholes who scream "no no no" then cry when no one elects you. It's stupid.

[

So the answer is No.

Come on now, don't you think there is a REASON every civilized country has a minimum wage law?

Sure. They have an interest in maintaining an underclass. It's more or less a replacement for slavery.

[

So the answer is No.

Sure. They have an interest in maintaining an underclass. It's more or less a replacement for slavery.

So one theory is that if there wasn't a minimum wage law companies would negotiate for HIGHER wages? I mean come on , that is stupid just on the face of it to claim that the minimum wage holds wages down.

As Judge Judy says "If something doesn't sound right, it probably isn't right"

[

So the answer is No.

So one theory is that if there wasn't a minimum wage law companies would negotiate for HIGHER wages? I mean come on , that is stupid just on the face of it to claim that the minimum wage holds wages down.

That's not what I'm claiming.

[

So the answer is No.

Another case of "conservatives" being assholes and forcing themselves out of the conversation.

The moron above wants $15 an hour. So do many other morons. Then morons like you scream "no minimum wage law"

When voters go to the polls, they don't want to hear that shit, if there choice is a moron who supports no min wage law and a moron who supports $15 an hour they are going to pick the moron who supports $15 an hour EVERY time. And then Obama will be telling John " Now John , the election is over, you lost" again and conservatives will have no say in the new law, ONCE AGAIN.

A man who doesn't learn from history is doomed to repeat it, you dummies are repeating history well repeatedly.

Start supporting things people can get behind. Companies could live with a $10 an hour minimum wage and it would have immediate benefits to everyone, and that has been proven, you just want to continue being the assholes who scream "no no no" then cry when no one elects you. It's stupid.
Democratic fallacy, argument ad populum.
Rabbi Rules!

[

$15.00/hr for someone with no skills? What's fair about that? "It sounds fair" isn't an argument. It's purely an example of liberal flatulence. An argument would involve putting some fact and logic together into at least a few coherent sentences.

[

So the answer is No.

As Judge Judy says "If something doesn't sound right, it probably isn't right"
Glad you mentioned it. In fact min wage laws probably do hold wages down. I realize Econ 101 is no more familiar to you than Canon Law but here goes:
By setting a floor on the price of labor you create an excess of labor at that level, i.e. large pools of unemployed and unemployable people. Those pools still represent potential employees to employers at that level. So anyone hiring at min wage will have his pick of potential employees, eliminating his need to offer more money to attract any candidate at all. Further, by mandating higher labor costs overall, less money is available to reward good employees with higher wages.

[

$15.00/hr for someone with no skills? What's fair about that? "It sounds fair" isn't an argument. It's purely an example of liberal flatulence. An argument would involve putting some fact and logic together into at least a few coherent sentences.
He's just throwing out a number. Not a particularly creative number either. Why not 18/hr? Why not 20/hr? There is no logic behind it, which is why no liberal has ever successfully defended to idea of a min wage.

Dirty, Stinky, Loud. That's Walmart. A very unpleasant shopping experience. And the Employees are bitter & hateful. But they have good reason to be. They're treated like filthy beasts. I always laugh when i hear others complaining about Walmart Employees. I mean, what do they really expect? They are not very happy people for the most part.

I know a little bit about the realities of Walmart because i have a relative who was in management there for years. Man, the horror stories he tells. It's not just Employees, it's bizarre asshole customers too. They see it all at Walmart. Morons ripping packages open, then just throwing em on the ground, Shitting on floors, Spitting tobacco on shelves, massive stealing, insane rude customers, etc etc...
It burns the Employees out. They truly do hate the customers. Sorry, but that's the truth. That's the inside scoop. I shop elsewhere. I do pay a bit more, but man it's worth it. I don't have to deal with the Dirty, Stinky, Loud.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back