Wallace 1968

Bush92

GHBush1992
May 23, 2014
Our current politics can be traced back to 1968. George C. Wallace was a spot on candidate that was vilified by the liberal media as a racist. He was an anti big government conservative. He had to take stands that made him look racist, because he believed in states rights. His daughter or granddaughter as I recall voted for Obama in 2008' and he won reelection As Alabama Governor in 1982 with the endorsement of Jesse Jackson (something I find disconcerting ). But, listen to his words. A very intelligent man.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DcNv4aQI_QQhttps
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A1G5lZcAznM

8bce00e2853c6e2114fa905d9e8feaba2ba1bc0753ab4c60a0ff55c99fb337a5.jpg

We would have at the least fought Vietnam down to a situation like the Korean Armistice. America would not have seen the crime wave of the 1970's and our jobs would of stayed in the USA. The federal government would not be acting like an authoritarian politburo like the Soviet Union and Moscow did during Cold War, and states and parents would control education and raise kids. We would have a lower crime rate because Christian families would have stayed together and welfare would be non existent .

We would have at the least fought Vietnam down to a situation like the Korean Armistice. America would not have seen the crime wave of the 1970's and our jobs would of stayed in the USA. The federal government would not be acting like an authoritarian politburo like the Soviet Union and Moscow did during Cold War, and states and parents would control education and raise kids. We would have a lower crime rate because Christian families would have stayed together and welfare would be non existent .

And we'd all have ponies too

Uh. I'm from Alabama. I stood on the same steps that Wallace did at Foster Hall at the University of Alabama. I grew up in Montgomery. I knew people that had fire hoses turned on them. Lets call a spade a spade. Saying George Wallace wasn't racist is like saying the Civil War wasn't about slavery, George Wallace was a racist mother fucker.

Now go ahead and call me a liberal for saying it.

But he got elected in 1982 with a preponderance of the Black vote. In 1968' many people felt that the Civil Righs Movement was part of a larger communist movement to usurp the. United States. Good reading with Dr. Dudziak. So you never went to U of Alabama? Just stood on the steps? And you "knew people who were fire hosed?" Liberal media did not play a biased role? 2 more links, Dudziak is a great book: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A1G5lZcAznM

Wallace on Face the Nation: his argument .on media bias on violence valid for that time : https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A1G5lZcAznM

Last edited:
Uh. I'm from Alabama. I stood on the same steps that Wallace did at Foster Hall at the University of Alabama. I grew up in Montgomery. I knew people that had fire hoses turned on them. Lets call a spade a spade. Saying George Wallace wasn't racist is like saying the Civil War wasn't about slavery, George Wallace was a racist mother fucker.

I know your a Nam vet from your jungle boot markings on post. Don't you feel Wallace or Nixon would of done better on the war than LBJ?

Wallace had the benefit of a jacked up electorate process in 1982. And yes, I attended and graduated from U of A. You can link all you want. You can also paint the civil rights movement as a communist incursion just as many deny the Holocaust ever happened. Doesn't change the fact that George Wallace was a racist mother fucker.

I know your a Nam vet from your jungle boot markings on post. Don't you feel Wallace or Nixon would of done better on the war than LBJ?

I'm not a "Nam vet." I am a Veteran of the War on Terrorism. Hindsight is 20/20. I don't believe anyone could have done better with Vietnam due to a hostile domestic populace and a disgraceful conscripted Army.

Wallace had the benefit of a jacked up electorate process in 1982. And yes, I attended and graduated from U of A. You can link all you want. You can also paint the civil rights movement as a communist incursion just as many deny the Holocaust ever happened. Doesn't change the fact that George Wallace was a racist mother fucker.

Congrats...Roll Tide. Cannot connect Holocuast denial with the reality of the small town citizens committees that dotted the South at this time...and what people were seeing on TV from Vietnam, to Chicago 1968' and crazy kids at Woodstock. These people felt the USA was falling apart . One huge demographic for Wallace, that I find interesting, was his support in northern cities like Detroit, and Boston. Desegregation not popular with those people. Also had LBJ ran in 1968..,he would of lost.

Wallace took the oath of office on January 14, 1963, standing on the gold star marking the spot where, nearly 102 years earlier, Jefferson Davis was sworn in as provisional president of the Confederate States of America. In his inaugural speech, Wallace said the line for which he is best known:

“ In the name of the greatest people that have ever trod this earth, I draw the line in the dust and toss the gauntlet before the feet of tyranny, and I say segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever.[17][18]"

George Wallace - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wallace proposed at the meeting with Martin to switch parties if he could be named as Goldwater's running-mate, a designation later given to U.S. Representative William E. Miller of New York. Goldwater reportedly rejected the overture because of Wallace's lack of strength outside the Deep South.[27]

I'm not a "Nam vet." I am a Veteran of the War on Terrorism. Hindsight is 20/20. I don't believe anyone could have done better with Vietnam due to a hostile domestic populace and a disgraceful conscripted Army.

Woa,woa,woa, fella...the Army that fought in Vietnam a not disgraceful. For the record I am a Marine infantry combat veteran...I had kin folk in Vietnam. Flying enemy colors by hippies during the war was wrong. 100% wrong.

Wallace took the oath of office on January 14, 1963, standing on the gold star marking the spot where, nearly 102 years earlier, Jefferson Davis was sworn in as provisional president of the Confederate States of America. In his inaugural speech, Wallace said the line for which he is best known:

“ In the name of the greatest people that have ever trod this earth, I draw the line in the dust and toss the gauntlet before the feet of tyranny, and I say segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever.[17][18]"

Wallace proposed at the meeting with Martin to switch parties if he could be named as Goldwater's running-mate, a designation later given to U.S. Representative William E. Miller of New York. Goldwater reportedly rejected the overture because of Wallace's lack of strength outside the Deep South.[27]

And he also directed his comment toward Wsahington DC and JFK 's chances of carrying electoral votes of South in 1964|https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A1G5lZcAznM

Woa,woa,woa, fella...the Army that fought in Vietnam a not disgraceful. For the record I am a Marine infantry combat veteran...I had kin folk in Vietnam. Flying enemy colors by hippies during the war was wrong. 100% wrong.

I wasn't there. Merely paraphrasing my father. A career Officer with a CIB and first hand experience in 65, 68, and 73. He always blamed a non professional, ill disciplined Army for the debacle that was the Vietnam War.

And he also directed his comment toward Wsahington DC and JFK 's chances of carrying electoral votes of South in 1964|https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A1G5lZcAznM
Wallace was a Conservative Southern Democrat who was willing to run as a Republican with Goldwater.

Forum List

Back