CDZ Wall Will do nothing to stop drugs

Trump's speech... wow what a fool.

The drugs come into the country by submarine, tunnel, by car/truck, shipping.

The amount of drugs walked over the border is very small.

Stopping that will have no effect on drugs in our country.

If you think "it's better than nothing" you are completely wrong because the price tag of a wall is high and it would be better to spend the money on more effective means.

Right now we stop such a minor amount of drugs coming into the country that it has no effect at all. A border wall will be the same, it will have no effect. If you want to stop drugs you need a better idea than a border wall, if you can't understand that I feel sorry for you.

For all your whining, and moaning, please tell us specifically why a wall/fence/barrier will not be effective when, over the past few years, Democrats supported a wall/fence/barrier and immigration reform? Why was it good then but bad today?

It will have no effect on drugs, that is fact. The same amount of drugs will still come into the country. The drugs come in by tunnel, submarine, car/tuck. Any extremely minor reduction in drug imports made by the wall will just be offset by an increase in the tunnels, submarines, trucks etc. This is what you don't seem to comprehend.

SO you think if we build the wall then crime will be reduced and the drug problem will be reduced? Do you really think that??? Do you really think that???????????? Didn't you think the war in Iraq was going to be a good idea too...

Here's you wall cut by the US military with a cheap saw from home depot, brilliant plan.

You know this how? Why has the existing wall/fence/barrier been effective in shutting down illegal aliens, drugs being brought into our country and human trafficking?

Perhaps you recall the "king" of tunnels, Joaquín 'El Chapo' Guzmán. Billionaire drug runner. He has said that walls won't work against tunnels. I don't know about you, but when my opponent tells me something won't work, I KNOW exactly what is the best thing to do to defeat them.

Specifically, why are so many countries now building walls on their borders if they do not work?
The existing wall has shut down illegals and drugs???? So now you have to resort to lying? I guess when you're overmatched lies are all you can resort to.

How does a wall stop the tunnels?
How does a wall stop the narcosubs?
How does a wall stop the HDD tunnels?

Here's your wall:
The US military made short work of that. What a joke.
Test of steel prototype for border wall showed it could be sawed through
wall.jpg

As far as I'm concerned, the wall is to stop the current invasion of illegal aliens. I don't really give a shit about the drugs, that's a political talking point. We'd have far less trouble with certain now illegal drugs if we legalized them for adult use and regulate their content and strength.

That's just foolish. Try proposing serious solutions!

It will have no effect on drugs, that is fact. The same amount of drugs will still come into the country. The drugs come in by tunnel, submarine, car/tuck. Any extremely minor reduction in drug imports made by the wall will just be offset by an increase in the tunnels, submarines, trucks etc. This is what you don't seem to comprehend.

SO you think if we build the wall then crime will be reduced and the drug problem will be reduced? Do you really think that??? Do you really think that???????????? Didn't you think the war in Iraq was going to be a good idea too...

Here's you wall cut by the US military with a cheap saw from home depot, brilliant plan.

You know this how? Why has the existing wall/fence/barrier been effective in shutting down illegal aliens, drugs being brought into our country and human trafficking?

Perhaps you recall the "king" of tunnels, Joaquín 'El Chapo' Guzmán. Billionaire drug runner. He has said that walls won't work against tunnels. I don't know about you, but when my opponent tells me something won't work, I KNOW exactly what is the best thing to do to defeat them.

Specifically, why are so many countries now building walls on their borders if they do not work?
The existing wall has shut down illegals and drugs???? So now you have to resort to lying? I guess when you're overmatched lies are all you can resort to.

Here's your wall:
Test of steel prototype for border wall showed it could be sawed throughView attachment 241574

Good, so we improve the steel. Problem solved.

Joaquín 'El Chapo' Guzmán, king of tunnels, has told us that walls/fences/barriers, will not work. When my opponent or enemy tells me that my proposed tactic to defeat them, will not work, I KNOW it will work and work well!

As for narco subs, they are the responsibility of our Coast Guard.
https://www.bing.com/news/search?q=el+chapo&SuppressTPVP=1&FORM=EWRE

The wall around Obama's house won't keep drugs out of there either, but so what?

Some people managed to get over the Berlin wall once in a while, too, but they didn't tear it down; that's because it worked far more often than it failed. The wall will make it much easier to focus on the more elaborate and time-consuming pro smugglers, so it is indeed going to be effective, as will enforcing laws against hiring these criminal illegals and forcing Mexico to pay for the costs of those illegals to our courts and social services, including lost wages by Americans and the losses and expenses to the criminal activities of their citizens running amok here.

Is the Berlin Wall still standing? Is there some mental block that stands in the way of those wanting a wall so bad that they cannot see that the reasons other countries built a wall are not the same reasons extremists want a wall in the U.S.?
First, thanks for bringing up something I hadn't considered: that it looks bad, like the Berlin wall.

However, I consulted my cousin, who is a retired principal of a school in a border state and also who stays up to date on educational issues, which were patiently explained tome less than 2 weeks ago.

The reason I consulted was because I am not an educator, and I wondered what the impact was in this border state, which has millions of people in it.

It is far worse than I expected, and this is coming from one of the brightest, most experienced, and intellectually honest people I know.

Here's what I remember from the conversation:

Some years, a million children cross the border with their parents. The parents know their children are not getting education they need in Mexico, and the parents, while not refugees, prefer to bring them to America, which takes care of its people and doesn't kill, starve, or separate them into a contemptible class to be kept away from the upper echelons in Mexican society. They are willing to serve in the military and/or take menial jobs for the rest of their lives to educate their children in the USA.

The school-aged children brought here illegally and needing an education here is in the fourth grade. The child has no formal education before arriving here. What pressures schools the most is taking a 9-year-old child and cramming 3 years of school into a program that takes 6 years of learning. This forces the American school to try to teach more children faster than usual. That requires teachers with a phD to determine what is most important in the fields of Logic and math, history, bilingual communication and English, computer skills, music, art, sports, health and safety education, and all subjects grade schools need for competent standards.

The school-aged child brought here seldom speaks the English language. Teachers have to work on bilingual communications and parse time out to explain the same subject to two different groups. This is unfair in particular to children of foreign backgrounds from other countries besides Latin-speaking cultures. This takes time away from groups of American children who grow impatient if they're not learning something new, and parents are outraged to see lower test scores because not enough teacher time is there to teach their own children the basics of elementary school training. It also disables talented, gifted children from becoming the best that they can be.

The schools are not encouraged when these issues come up, and it robs existing elementary students here from having adequate teacher time.

It's not fair to American kids to take half the teacher's time on the 5 or 10% of illegal immigrants' children.

If you persist on allowing this educational fiasco to go on, you are going to have a society that is coming to regard illegal aliens as people cheating their children out of the taxes they have paid for a lifetime to devote the best the teacher has to a significant enough minority school population.

My educator of excellence cousin is dead-set against allowing this flood of aliens to destroy the educational opportunities of children who are already here,
Please reconsider what an open border is doing to the home team kids. Please let America's kids have their opportunities to learn unimpeded by constant interruptions while they are still kids. Don't let the do-gooders who get their kicks from the pet-rock fun of helping aliens supercede the job that needs to be done for the home team.

That's all I am asking. In my county, school taxes are already strangling not just parents but also seniors through sundry tax methods you may not be acquainted with. Seniors paying the taxes the law requires here will have to use up the savings they made for when they need nursing care facility issues their last few years of life.

You're causing senior citizens to lose their life's savings and have nothing to look forward to after they retire. Nothing they worked 40 or 50 years to have, except
Social Security that does not make ends meet in 95% of the households of senior citizens.

Wouldn't it just be easier to form a union with Mexico and its diverse states to share in the payment part? Or send Mexico a bill to educate its cast-offs through college?

This is nuts. You who are making up hate stories against the President on account of the wall that are massively unrepresentative of American kids, American parents, and American seniors.

I've never not shared when it comes to charity, and since I retired, it's all I do. I won't be able to when I lose my house and property because someday, my funds will all be gone from living on part of my savings, and having to fork over more than $15,000 every year to tax collectors in my county, state, and federal funds. I did the math. The school taxes I have to pay are 35% of the rest. I had to give up giving $100 a year to provide school necessities to the many impoverished-level children at the elementary schools across the street from my church, and cut out all other charitable giving to pay for the Schumer-Pelosi insistence that borders be wide open. That's just crazy.

For me, something was lost in translation. We might need a constitutional amendment that says only citizens qualify for a free education and the benefits and privileges of citizenship, but that still does not equal a wall.
200 miles of wall is not going to make any real difference in the number of illegals entering the country each year. It should be painfully obvious that people will simply go around the wall if they can't tunnel under it or climb it. And they have plenty of border to choose from, 1800 miles on the southern border, 6,000 miles on the northern border and 88,000 miles of shoreline.

There are far better ways of cutting illegally immigration, a lot cheaper and a lot faster.

All of this back and forth is irrelevant. Let me give you some relevancy:

"1.8 MILLION - The number of undocumented immigrants who entered the U.S. before their 16th birthday. This is the group that met the basic requirements to apply for DACA"

Who are the DACA DREAMers and how many are here?

Let's round this number off in favor of the build the wall guys to 2 MILLION. Donald Trump already tried to negotiate to get those 2 million citizenship in exchange for his wall. Each of those children has two parents. Both parents have to be undocumented in order to be DACA parents so let's talk about them:

Whether you like this or not; agree with it or not, that is 4 million more people you cannot lock out. You can write all the laws you want, but you have to be devoid of ANY intelligence not to understand that if that happened (DACA kids getting citizenship), the United States Supreme Court, by law, would have to allow those parents to come into the United States - even if just as guests. There is this little thing called the Eighth Amendment and I can PROMISE you that separating families because the parents violated a federal civil misdemeanor has as much chance of surviving a Supreme Court challenge as a sloth has in a mile race against a Harley Davidson.

Now you have 6 million people here AFTER the wall goes up. AND Trump is promising to increase the numbers of work visas.

I'm failing to see, exactly what "problem" build the wall guys are trying to solve

Trump's speech... wow what a fool.

The drugs come into the country by submarine, tunnel, by car/truck, shipping.

The amount of drugs walked over the border is very small.

Stopping that will have no effect on drugs in our country.

If you think "it's better than nothing" you are completely wrong because the price tag of a wall is high and it would be better to spend the money on more effective means.

Right now we stop such a minor amount of drugs coming into the country that it has no effect at all. A border wall will be the same, it will have no effect. If you want to stop drugs you need a better idea than a border wall, if you can't understand that I feel sorry for you.

For all your whining, and moaning, please tell us specifically why a wall/fence/barrier will not be effective when, over the past few years, Democrats supported a wall/fence/barrier and immigration reform? Why was it good then but bad today?

For the Democrats, the wall is still a good thing. They just need to work the useful idiots in the build the wall cult and con them into digging their own graves.

The wall around Obama's house won't keep drugs out of there either, but so what?

Some people managed to get over the Berlin wall once in a while, too, but they didn't tear it down; that's because it worked far more often than it failed. The wall will make it much easier to focus on the more elaborate and time-consuming pro smugglers, so it is indeed going to be effective, as will enforcing laws against hiring these criminal illegals and forcing Mexico to pay for the costs of those illegals to our courts and social services, including lost wages by Americans and the losses and expenses to the criminal activities of their citizens running amok here.

Is the Berlin Wall still standing? Is there some mental block that stands in the way of those wanting a wall so bad that they cannot see that the reasons other countries built a wall are not the same reasons extremists want a wall in the U.S.?
First, thanks for bringing up something I hadn't considered: that it looks bad, like the Berlin wall.

However, I consulted my cousin, who is a retired principal of a school in a border state and also who stays up to date on educational issues, which were patiently explained tome less than 2 weeks ago.

The reason I consulted was because I am not an educator, and I wondered what the impact was in this border state, which has millions of people in it.

It is far worse than I expected, and this is coming from one of the brightest, most experienced, and intellectually honest people I know.

Here's what I remember from the conversation:

Some years, a million children cross the border with their parents. The parents know their children are not getting education they need in Mexico, and the parents, while not refugees, prefer to bring them to America, which takes care of its people and doesn't kill, starve, or separate them into a contemptible class to be kept away from the upper echelons in Mexican society. They are willing to serve in the military and/or take menial jobs for the rest of their lives to educate their children in the USA.

The school-aged children brought here illegally and needing an education here is in the fourth grade. The child has no formal education before arriving here. What pressures schools the most is taking a 9-year-old child and cramming 3 years of school into a program that takes 6 years of learning. This forces the American school to try to teach more children faster than usual. That requires teachers with a phD to determine what is most important in the fields of Logic and math, history, bilingual communication and English, computer skills, music, art, sports, health and safety education, and all subjects grade schools need for competent standards.

The school-aged child brought here seldom speaks the English language. Teachers have to work on bilingual communications and parse time out to explain the same subject to two different groups. This is unfair in particular to children of foreign backgrounds from other countries besides Latin-speaking cultures. This takes time away from groups of American children who grow impatient if they're not learning something new, and parents are outraged to see lower test scores because not enough teacher time is there to teach their own children the basics of elementary school training. It also disables talented, gifted children from becoming the best that they can be.

The schools are not encouraged when these issues come up, and it robs existing elementary students here from having adequate teacher time.

It's not fair to American kids to take half the teacher's time on the 5 or 10% of illegal immigrants' children.

If you persist on allowing this educational fiasco to go on, you are going to have a society that is coming to regard illegal aliens as people cheating their children out of the taxes they have paid for a lifetime to devote the best the teacher has to a significant enough minority school population.

My educator of excellence cousin is dead-set against allowing this flood of aliens to destroy the educational opportunities of children who are already here,
Please reconsider what an open border is doing to the home team kids. Please let America's kids have their opportunities to learn unimpeded by constant interruptions while they are still kids. Don't let the do-gooders who get their kicks from the pet-rock fun of helping aliens supercede the job that needs to be done for the home team.

That's all I am asking. In my county, school taxes are already strangling not just parents but also seniors through sundry tax methods you may not be acquainted with. Seniors paying the taxes the law requires here will have to use up the savings they made for when they need nursing care facility issues their last few years of life.

You're causing senior citizens to lose their life's savings and have nothing to look forward to after they retire. Nothing they worked 40 or 50 years to have, except
Social Security that does not make ends meet in 95% of the households of senior citizens.

Wouldn't it just be easier to form a union with Mexico and its diverse states to share in the payment part? Or send Mexico a bill to educate its cast-offs through college?

This is nuts. You who are making up hate stories against the President on account of the wall that are massively unrepresentative of American kids, American parents, and American seniors.

I've never not shared when it comes to charity, and since I retired, it's all I do. I won't be able to when I lose my house and property because someday, my funds will all be gone from living on part of my savings, and having to fork over more than $15,000 every year to tax collectors in my county, state, and federal funds. I did the math. The school taxes I have to pay are 35% of the rest. I had to give up giving $100 a year to provide school necessities to the many impoverished-level children at the elementary schools across the street from my church, and cut out all other charitable giving to pay for the Schumer-Pelosi insistence that borders be wide open. That's just crazy.

For me, something was lost in translation. We might need a constitutional amendment that says only citizens qualify for a free education and the benefits and privileges of citizenship, but that still does not equal a wall.
200 miles of wall is not going to make any real difference in the number of illegals entering the country each year. It should be painfully obvious that people will simply go around the wall if they can't tunnel under it or climb it. And they have plenty of border to choose from, 1800 miles on the southern border, 6,000 miles on the northern border and 88,000 miles of shoreline.

There are far better ways of cutting illegally immigration, a lot cheaper and a lot faster.

News flash: As long as the United States keeps deliberately manufacturing drug addicts, a wall is NOT serving any purpose except to be used against innocent Americans.

I know you didn't aim that last question at me, but you need a coherent answer and then quit already with the rhetorical nonsense:

No other country has a clientele as big as that of the United States. Americans consume 80 percent of the world's opioid supply and they make up 22 percent of the world's prison population.

The bulk of America's drug addicts are manufactured right here in the U.S. by stupid parents, government officials, doctors / mental health officials and Big Pharma. They teach millions of children that all they need is a pill. They start early and don't stop until those kids are full bore druggies.

The rest of the freaking people with walls have enemies trying to kill them with guns and bombs. You're talking about two different things. We have neighbors trying keep up with the demand. It's business, not war. You break the cartels by decreasing the number of drug addicts.

No matter how you phrase it or misrepresent it, that IS your honest answer.

Yup that Big Tall Border wall will really keep em out... That's a lot of fentanyl in there.

There responsibiltiy is to protect Mexico. They have no responsibility to protect the US. I'm actually ashamed that the US with it's great wealth would be asking a nation as poor as Mexico is to protect our borders. That is absolutely ludicrous.

Their. Just a pet peeve, sorry.

grammar-meme-S.jpg

As far as I'm concerned, the wall is to stop the current invasion of illegal aliens. I don't really give a shit about the drugs, that's a political talking point. We'd have far less trouble with certain now illegal drugs if we legalized them for adult use and regulate their content and strength.

That's just foolish. Try proposing serious solutions!

I actually agree with the wall and every form of border enforcement (Pelosi's 'robot dogs', cameras, ground sound sensing equipment (to thwart tunneling), drones, more border security (maybe even the military for a while). The drug thing is a separate issue IMO. Drugs will get here no matter what. True, a heavily guarded border will truncate the flow to some extent,f but you will never rid the country of 'drugs.'

I am an advocate of legalization, regulation (as to content, strength, etc. ) for these drugs. I am for allowing plants to be grown (marijuana, coca, poppies, etc) for people's private use.

Now.....That being said, I am firmly against easing border restrictions because, as of this writing, those substances are ILLEGAL and, thus, are DANGEROUS because you don't know the strength or content. Criminal activity around illegal substances is quite severe as well (see American Prohibition )

Yup that Big Tall Border wall will really keep em out... That's a lot of fentanyl in there.

Still waiting for you to stand up and say "Tear Down The Wall! It doesn't work"! Why do you and all the other Liberals shy away from calling for removal of the Wall? Isn't that the obvious conclusion of all of your arguments?

I know you didn't aim that last question at me, but you need a coherent answer and then quit already with the rhetorical nonsense:

No other country has a clientele as big as that of the United States. Americans consume 80 percent of the world's opioid supply and they make up 22 percent of the world's prison population.

The bulk of America's drug addicts are manufactured right here in the U.S. by stupid parents, government officials, doctors / mental health officials and Big Pharma. They teach millions of children that all they need is a pill. They start early and don't stop until those kids are full bore druggies.

The rest of the freaking people with walls have enemies trying to kill them with guns and bombs. You're talking about two different things. We have neighbors trying keep up with the demand. It's business, not war. You break the cartels by decreasing the number of drug addicts.

No matter how you phrase it or misrepresent it, that IS your honest answer.

That's a joke, right? You're being facetious?

Please show us your reliable source and active link.

Mexican Drug Cartels Driving Heroin, Opioid Consumption in U.S.
Up to 94 percent of heroin in U.S. comes from Mexico
BY: Natalie Johnson
March 2, 2017 3:32 pm

Mexican drug cartels overwhelmingly are driving heroin consumption in the United States, which is now at a historic high, the State Department said in a report released Thursday.

An estimated 90 to 94 percent of all heroin consumed in the United States comes from Mexico, a problem that has been exacerbated by an increase in the trafficking of fentanyl, a powerful synthetic opioid, by the same Mexican drug cartels that move heroin and cocaine into America, according to the State Department.
[...]

Here's your wall:
Test of steel prototype for border wall showed it could be sawed throughView attachment 241574
Now drug traffickers don't have to climb fences. They just walk up to the wall and hand drugs through the slats to an accomplish on other side and it only takes seconds so no border patrolmen with get there fast enough to catch them.

I actually agree with the wall and every form of border enforcement (Pelosi's 'robot dogs', cameras, ground sound sensing equipment (to thwart tunneling), drones, more border security (maybe even the military for a while). The drug thing is a separate issue IMO. Drugs will get here no matter what. True, a heavily guarded border will truncate the flow to some extent,f but you will never rid the country of 'drugs.'

I am an advocate of legalization, regulation (as to content, strength, etc. ) for these drugs. I am for allowing plants to be grown (marijuana, coca, poppies, etc) for people's private use.

Now.....That being said, I am firmly against easing border restrictions because, as of this writing, those substances are ILLEGAL and, thus, are DANGEROUS because you don't know the strength or content. Criminal activity around illegal substances is quite severe as well (see American Prohibition )

Your position on drugs is unworkable, as you know.

No one has ever said we will RID THE COUNTRY OF DRUGS. Just as we will never RID the country of murder, bank robberies, or any other crime. That doesn't mean we do nothing. That doesn't mean we quit trying.

Now drug traffickers don't have to climb fences. They just walk up to the wall and hand drugs through the slats to an accomplish on other side and it only takes seconds so no border patrolmen with get there fast enough to catch them.

accomplice

What? They can pass a truckload or carload of marijuana, heroin, fentanyl through a hole in a fence in minutes? Who knew?

If the President gets his way, and that of Democrats of the past few years, there will be cameras, drones and other technology.

Do you not lock your door at night because anyone CAN get in? Do you lock it during the day when you're at work?

Most drugs that come into the country come in through legal ports of entry at airports, border crossings, ship terminals, and by rail. The other most common entry is by private boats and private planes.

Show us your reliable source and working link. Thank you.

Up to 94 percent of heroin in U.S. comes from Mexico

BY: Natalie Johnson
March 2, 2017 3:32 pm

Mexican drug cartels overwhelmingly are driving heroin consumption in the United States, which is now at a historic high, the State Department said in a report released Thursday.

An estimated 90 to 94 percent of all heroin consumed in the United States comes from Mexico, a problem that has been exacerbated by an increase in the trafficking of fentanyl, a powerful synthetic opioid, by the same Mexican drug cartels that move heroin and cocaine into America, according to the State Department.
[...]

You seem to have a hard time grasping the basics of this debate, here it is in simplest form:

Whether we do or don't have a border wall a same or larger quantity of drugs will be smuggled into the US year after year. This is a simple concept that you can't seem to grasp.

Since 1970, when the war on drugs started, this has been the case. Nothing your side has proposed has reduced the amount of drugs coming into the US. I have 50 years that supports my side of the argument, you have nothing to support your side.

The only way to reduce the amount of drugs coming into the US is to reduce the demand for the drugs, reduce the number of users and then finally less drugs will enter our country.

What a wonderfully narrow-minded view!

If that's true, and as you know, it is not, why were Democrats falling over themselves to vote FOR better security, a wall/fence/barrier, and immigration reform just a few years back? Why was it great then but immoral today?

eally? Out of 2000 miles of border, today there are only about 100 miles of what you might call walls.

Have you ever thought of checking the claims in your posts BEFORE posting? Just sayin'. You might look less foolish.

[...]
Roughly 700 miles of fencing, almost all of it right along the U.S.-Mexico border, exists today to help agents patrol the line, along with cameras, sensors and other technology. Border officials say that in many areas, a fence may be pointless because nothing happens there.

850 miles of US-Mexico ‘wall’ not needed, ex-border officials say

First of all most the people illegally entering the country today are not Mexicans. They are from Central America and the Caribbean. Second, why the fuck should the Mexican government spend money to protect our borders. That's our responsibility not theirs. Lastly 99% of the Mexican people don't illegally enter the US.

First of all, the majority are Mexicans, and I never said they were all Mexicans, just around 80% of them over they years, so don't try to make up lies about what anybody else said; we see enough of that in the daily news coverage by your Media shills since 2016. And Mexico is allowing them pass through, and enabling them with aid, even though they're passing through Mexico illegally as well, i.e complicit in illegal activity directly violating our sovereignty, so that's 'Why The Fuck', for you racists and traitors who are too dope addled and anti-American to be able to discuss the issue without directions from your hive.

Forum List

Back