Walker Not Anti-Worker

Provocateur

Avoiding Lib Circle Derps
Jan 19, 2011
I have heard Walker interviewed several times over the last week. What strikes me is that the bill being touted as anti-worker is actually just the opposite.

He has a certain amount of funds with which to work. He has determined that there will need to be thousands of public sector jobs completely eliminated to balance the budget if concessions by the public employees are not made.

So the question for liberals is which would you prefer? Would you rather see thousands forced into unemployment while the current concessions are rejected?

These answers seem simple. This helps one to see through the turmoil. It simply has to do with power and liberals feeling like they are losing a toehold.

you clearly aren't informed.

all monetary concessions have been made. the only thing holding up the legislation is his unwillingness to budge on the collective bargaining issue.

the budget has absolutely nothing to do with this fight anymore.

all monetary concessions have been made. the only thing holding up the legislation is his unwillingness to budge on the collective bargaining issue.

The left simply once to postpone this issue, which will arise once again.

I don't think the runaway Dems will be in town to vote on a balanced bill anyway, with or without the collective bargaining piece, will they?

The liberals want to keep unions in power because they get a tremendous amount of financial support from the dues collected by the union members. But thank you for admitting that the reason they are in turmoil is because they need that power base.

I don't think the runaway Dems will be in town to vote on a balanced bill anyway, with or without the collective bargaining piece, will they?

The liberals want to keep unions in power because they get a tremendous amount of financial support from the dues collected by the union members. But thank you for admitting that the reason they are in turmoil is because they need that power base.

The Governor wants to alleviate union power because Dems get a tremendous amount of financial support from the dues collected from the union members. Thank you for admitting that the reason they are in turmoil is because he wants to destroy that power base.

The Governor wants to alleviate union power because Dems get a tremendous amount of financial support from the dues collected from the union members. Thank you for admitting that the reason they are in turmoil is because he wants to destroy that power base.
So, you're good with funneling large amounts of taxpayer money to only one political party.

Thanks for the inadvertent honesty.

Walker wants to bust unions. Walker is anti-worker. Walker is a liar and has crossed the ethics provision line of WI law when he admitted those truths in the prank call. The law suits will be filed by next Tuesday. He opened his mouth and put his foot in it. What a stupid, crass arrogant exercise of stupidity. He will pay for it, and America will be better off.

:lol:

So, you're good with funneling large amounts of taxpayer money to only one political party.

It's so awesome to have an honest debate on the issue.

Walker wants to bust unions. Walker is anti-worker. Walker is a liar and has crossed the ethics provision line of WI law when he admitted those truths in the prank call. The law suits will be filed by next Tuesday. He opened his mouth and put his foot in it. What a stupid, crass arrogant exercise of stupidity. He will pay for it, and America will be better off.
He should pay for it...the guy should be drummed out of office.

The police chief in Madison, Wisc. -- site of the protests at the state Capitol -- tells the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel the he found parts of the recorded call between Walker and "Koch" "very unsettling and troubling."
Specifically, Chief Noble Wray says that Walker's claim that he considered sending infiltrators into the crowd (prompted by a suggestion by "Koch," played by blogger Ian Murphy) made him nervous.
"I would like to hear more of an explanation from Governor Walker as to what exactly was being considered, and to what degree it was discussed by his cabinet members," Wray said. "I find it very unsettling and troubling that anyone would consider creating safety risks for our citizens and law enforcement officers."
Madison Police Chief: Scott Walker's Koch Call 'Troubling' | TPMDC

Well... Yeah, that's the reality of what's going on here, ain't it? The Republic party gets most of its donations from very wealthy businesses and businessmen, and the Democrats get the vastly larger cut, indirectly, from working people.

Didn't say it was a great situation, but it is a main reason Republicans are so anti-union... That and the fact that unionization is bad for the wealthy people for whom they advocate.

Budget? Pshaw. Budget in Wisconsin's got nothing to do with it. The union already offered to make the requested concessions.

Last edited:

Well... Yeah, that's the reality of what's going on here, ain't it? The Republic party gets most of its donations from very wealthy businesses and businessmen, and the Democrats get the vastly larger cut, indirectly, from working people.

Didn't say it was a great situation, but it is a main reason Republicans are so anti-union... That and the fact that unionization is bad for the wealthy people for whom they advocate.

Budget? Pshaw. Budget in Wisconsin's got nothing to do with it. The union already offered to make the requested concessions.
Bullshit...Those donations are fairly evenly spread between the two parties, depending upon who is in power or most likely to attain it.

As far as unions like Teamsters, AFL-CIO, UFCW, etcetera are concerned, I couldn't care less about them or to whom they donate their money....But taking taxpayer dollars to get members of one party elected, who will in turn be the "negotiators" of pay and benefits to those unions, without any regard for the taxpayer, is outright graft.

Though I highly doubt such facts are of any real concern to you, as long as it's your team getting the in on the loot.

Last edited:
I have heard Walker interviewed several times over the last week. What strikes me is that the bill being touted as anti-worker is actually just the opposite.

He has a certain amount of funds with which to work. He has determined that there will need to be thousands of public sector jobs completely eliminated to balance the budget if concessions by the public employees are not made.

So the question for liberals is which would you prefer? Would you rather see thousands forced into unemployment while the current concessions are rejected?

These answers seem simple. This helps one to see through the turmoil. It simply has to do with power and liberals feeling like they are losing a toehold.

Actually collective bargaining has NO EFFECT on the present budget. Democrats had already agreed to the demands that affect the present budget. Perhaps if you had an objective source of news to draw information from you could actually be an informed individual

Bullshit...Those donations are fairly evenly spread between the two parties, depending upon who is in power or most likely to attain it.

As far as unions like Teamsters, AFL-CIO, UFCW, etcetera are concerned, I couldn't care less about them or to whom they donate their money....But taking taxpayer dollars to get members of one party elected, who will in turn be the "negotiators" of pay and benefits to those unions, without any regard for the taxpayer, is outright graft.

Though I highly doubt such facts are of any real concern to you, as long as it's your team getting the in on the loot.

Your so right.

Big business donates to both parties. They are looking for a seat at the table of the winner regardless of the party.

Unions primarily donate to the Dems. I think it was around 60 million to Obama in 2008.

The fact of the matter is that big business donates much more money than the unions, and bb simply wants to sweep the unions of the playing field. Not going to happen.

The fact of the matter is that big business donates much more money than the unions, and bb simply wants to sweep the unions of the playing field. Not going to happen.
Another total lie.

It's bureaucrat unions, like AFSCME, AFT, NEA, etcetera who should have absolutely no place in politics at all.

What SEIU, Teamsters, AFL-CIO and the rest out in the real world do is their own business and they should be completely free to do it.

Ooops, why would a governor oppose collective bargaining for workers? Sounds like he doesn't like workers to me.

Walker asking for same bargaining flexibility Obama has

"Federal workers do not have the right to bargain collectively for either benefits or wages,” said Malanga. “(Wisconsin Gov. Scott) Walker would only take away that right to bargain for benefits. The president has already exercised his power over federal workers when he imposed a wage freeze on them earlier this year, something that was prominently reported. By contrast, governors in states with collective bargaining cannot impose a wage freeze. And this has really limited the ability not only of governors but mayors and county executives.”

Obama recently called the effort to scale back collective bargaining rights in Wisconsin an “assault” on unions.

The real thing Democrats are mad about in this bill is that public workers would no longer be forced to be in the union and would no longer have their union fees deducted by the government straight out of their pay checks and given to the union. They could still voluntarily be in the union if they wanted. This is a totally reasonable change to make, but the Democrats don't like it because it would weaken the unions and harm one of their biggest contributors. No longer would money go straight from the government to the unions and straight from the unions to the Democratic campaign funds.

Ooops, why would a governor oppose collective bargaining for workers? Sounds like he doesn't like workers to me.
More lies.

Walker all for collective bargaining for wage and salary issues....It's all other issues unrelated to pay that he wants removed from the collective bargaining process.

I believe it is becuase he has the power to do so and he deems it necessary to do so.

You see, the way I see it...he noticed over the years that allowing the workers to have collective bargaining rights has resulted in wages and benefits to the workers that are self serving and not in the best interest of the state. Their threat of "strike" has strong armed previous budget makers and keepers into caving into these self serving demands...and the result is a very unbalanced budget during more difficult times....such as now.

In a way it is like what a parent must do to a child. When you give them an inch and they take a yard, you must reign them back in and stop giving them an inch.

Why is my theory so off base and why must you assume that he hates the workers? Becase he has an (R) next to his name?

Forum List

Back