W.H. to House GOP: We're not moving

As I said, we need to cut defense spending back to pre-war levels.

And as I have said many times in other topics, we need to raise the Social Security and Medicare eligibility ages to 70.

These two things alone would balance the budget.

This is not complicated. But it does take leadership and courage. None of which either party has.

blahblahblah.
Will tax rates be higher or lower? If they will be higher it represents a tax increase. This isn't difficult. Really.

I plainly said it would be a tax increase.

Don't be a soundbite piss drinker. This is not going to be solved by bumper sticker capacity mentalities.

One way or another, we need a tax increase across the board to pay our debts.

Clinton level tax rates did not kill the economy. That is a simple fact. We had a booming economy at those rates. Facts are facts.

So to claim that returning everyone to those rates will kill our economy is a blinding lie. There are other factors destroying our economy. That is why I say this bullshit about "job creators" in relation to raising taxes is all theater to distract from the REAL causes of the destruction.

Our politicians are owned. Totally owned. Stop drinking the piss.

With that said, my preference is to level the field and eliminate all tax expenditures. Everyone who earns the same income pays the same income tax.

This would broaden the tax base, bring more people into the taxpayer tent, eliminate billions of dollars of campaign cash each election, and greatly lower the overall tax rates.

For a time, it would mean higher taxes for everyone. There's a $16 trillion shit sandwich out there, and we all have to take a bite.

Once we are in a positive trajectory, then reduce the rates further.

It very well could this time. The economy was great in spite of those rates. It's not great now and raising the rates back to the clinton level (assuming you mean all rates) is not a good idea, even Clinton himself agrees.

Precisely

WE HAVE NO TECH BOOM NOW TO MAKE UP FOR INCREASED RATES....

blahblahblah.
Will tax rates be higher or lower? If they will be higher it represents a tax increase. This isn't difficult. Really.

Look at you. Too much information and you shut down.

Don't be a soundbite piss drinker. This is not going to be solved by bumper sticker capacity mentalities.

Clinton level tax rates did not kill the economy. That is a simple fact. We had a booming economy at those rates. Facts are facts.

So to claim that returning everyone to those rates will kill our economy is a blinding lie. The success of the Clinton era is evidence there are other factors holding back our economy today. It has nothing to do with tax rates. That is why I say this bullshit about "job creators" in relation to raising taxes is all theater to distract from the REAL causes of the destruction.

With that said, my preference is to level the field and eliminate all tax expenditures. Everyone who earns the same income pays the same income tax.

This would broaden the tax base, bring more people into the taxpayer tent, eliminate billions of dollars of campaign cash each election, and greatly lower the overall tax rates.

For a time, it would mean higher taxes for everyone. There's a $16 trillion shit sandwich out there, and we all have to take a bite.

How does raising taxes bring down the debt when there is no spending cuts?
Increase taxes you have to cut spending to bring down the debt.

This is how completely out of touch with facts and reality the left is. They are not concerned about the deficit or the national debt, that is undeniable through their actions. Raising taxes on the loathed and hated 'wealthy' is not about the debt/deficit.

Raising taxes on the wealthy will do virtually zero, nothing to bring record breaking deficits in line. This is a FACT.

The president lies when he says this is about solving our budget crisis.

Will tax rates be higher or lower? This isn't a trick question. If they will be higher, then it is a tax increase. If they will be lower then it is a tax cut.

The Bush tax cuts were supposed to expire. If Bush and the GOP-controlled Congress had wanted them to be permanent, they would have made them permanent.

If they had been allowed to expire, we would have returned to the levels they were when the budget was running a surplus.

When Bush started two wars, he should never have cut tax rates.

When Bush created Medicare Part D, he should have paid for it.

When Bush created the Department of Homeland Security, he should have paid for it.

So, yeah, allowing the Bush tax cuts to expire will increase tax rates. As they should.

We have a $16 trillion debt and climbing. Since Republicans and Democrats are both responsible for that unmitigated disaster and have chosen to do nothing about it except kick the can down the road, it is inevitable that we will be forced to accelerate the external devaluation of the dollar to pay for it instead.

We need to wipe the entire Congress from the slate and start fresh with people who are serious about getting our financial house in order.

You act as if the Dems are pure as the driven snow....and I have a problem with that.
It's far from the truth.

Wow. Those are quite the bias filters you have on.

I said, "Republicans and Democrats are both responsible for that unmitigated disaster" and "We need to wipe the entire Congress from the slate", and you heard "Dems are pure as the driven snow".

Amazing.

Last edited:
Look at you. Too much information and you shut down.

So to claim that returning everyone to those rates will kill our economy is a blinding lie. The success of the Clinton era is evidence there are other factors holding back our economy today. It has nothing to do with tax rates. That is why I say this bullshit about "job creators" in relation to raising taxes is all theater to distract from the REAL causes of the destruction.

How does raising taxes bring down the debt when there is no spending cuts?
Increase taxes you have to cut spending to bring down the debt.

Who said there are no spending cuts? Liars, that's who. People are just making shit up out of thin air these days.

The Democrats have proposed more spending cuts than tax increases. Stop listening to liars.

You're either really gullible or incredibly stupid.
What spending cuts have the Dems proposed? Don't tell me they want to talk about entitlement reform next year. That's not serious. Don't talk to me about cutting the military. We're already doing that. That's not serious.
The Dems dont want spending cuts in entitlements, which is where they need to be. They dont want to raise tax rates except on the top 1%,which will not bring in enough money for a month. They dont want to do anything except demagogue this issue, raise taxes, spend the increased revenue to reward their base, and blame the GOP when the economy goes to shit.

What infuriates me about this issue, is that the DNC bitched, moaned and cried for EIGHT years about the Bush tax cuts, which cut tax rates for EVERYONE, being only for the bastard rich and how it needs to be repealed immediately.

What did the Democrats do once they had a majority in the House, Senate and the White House--2/3rd's of the federal government????!?!?!?!? They extended the Bush tax cuts and Obama signed them into law. And what was the reason given?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aufAtuTwKlE]FLASHBACK: Obama Says You Don't Raise Taxes In A Recession - YouTube[/ame]

As I said, we need to cut defense spending back to pre-war levels.

And as I have said many times in other topics, we need to raise the Social Security and Medicare eligibility ages to 70.

These two things alone would balance the budget.

This is not complicated. But it does take leadership and courage. None of which either party has.

defense cuts of that magnitude will never happen. The American Empire is too valuable.

The taxes aren't being raised you radicals...the damn wreckless Bush Tax Cuts were PLANNED to expire.

You dolts.

What's your problem?!??

SHHHHHHH!

No one wants to hear that!

It is horrible to contemplate how awful the times were in the Clinton years under the Clinton tax rates. 25 million jobs created, a booming economy, rising GDP, a balanced budget.

No one wants to go back to that nightmare!

Y'all ready for Clinton era spending as well?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This :clap2:

The taxes aren't being raised you radicals...the damn wreckless Bush Tax Cuts were PLANNED to expire.

You dolts.

What's your problem?!??

SHHHHHHH!

It is horrible to contemplate how awful the times were in the Clinton years under the Clinton tax rates. 25 million jobs created, a booming economy, rising GDP, a balanced budget.

Y'all ready for Clinton era spending as well?
they will leave that part out.

Obama campaigned for over a year on getting ride of the wreckless Bush tax-cuts, every. single. place. he wen't he repeated it over and over, and over, and over.

America has heard his message time and time again. Last November they responded...they agree with him. The GOP radical policies lost. They have no leg to stand on.

We've tried their way for the last 12 years. It. Doesn't. Work.

Time to do away with the wreckless Bush tax cuts now. It's over.

W.H. to House GOP: We're not moving on fiscal cliff - POLITICO.com

Obama is right not to budge an inch.

The polls are with Obama on this, if we go over the so-called-fiscal-cliff, the RepubliCON$ will be to blame. As they should be.

That's right Obama...keep fighting for The American People!!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Wait, I thought he wanted to keep the BUSH tax cuts. You know, the tax cuts that have been benefitting the middle class for the past decade. If he gets rid of them, won't that hurt all the middle class people Bush has helped all these years? Oh wait.......you mean you want to get rid of them for SOME Americans.....not ALL Americans. You want to discriminate and not be inclusive. Some Americans are better than others. Is that what you're saying? My, what a tolerant person you are.

This story has to be BS. Obama is the most open, transparent and willing to work with the other side of the aisle president we have had in recorded history of the Earth. Ouch that hurt.

Obama campaigned for over a year on getting ride of the wreckless Bush tax-cuts, every. single. place. he wen't he repeated it over and over, and over, and over.

America has heard his message time and time again. Last November they responded...they agree with him. The GOP radical policies lost. They have no leg to stand on.

The polls are with Obama on this, if we go over the so-called-fiscal-cliff, the RepubliCON$ will be to blame. As they should be.

Wait, I thought he wanted to keep the BUSH tax cuts. You know, the tax cuts that have been benefitting the middle class for the past decade. If he gets rid of them, won't that hurt all the middle class people Bush has helped all these years? Oh wait.......you mean you want to get rid of them for SOME Americans.....not ALL Americans. You want to discriminate and not be inclusive. Some Americans are better than others. Is that what you're saying? My, what a tolerant person you are.

Replacing 'with liberty and justice for all' with 'with redistribution and subjective justice for some'

You dolts.

What's your problem?!??

SHHHHHHH!

Shhhhhhh..................

You dolts.

What's your problem?!??

SHHHHHHH!

Shhhhhhh..................

it

And this thing about Obama wants to be the sole proprieter over the debt ceiling?
Sheesh, that would be some seriously sweeping powers for one man, yet I'm sure the left finds this quite appealing....

........as long as it's a democrat president

Why are LOLberals now so scared about the fiscal cliff? I thought they wanted the Bush tax cuts to expire?

The Bush tax cuts expired in 2011. Obama, being a whiny little bitch, didn't want taxes to go up on the poor, downtrodden, union workers, so he extended them, That means he owns them, not Bush.

Everybody in America agrees with him that we need to end something that is already over? Wow, I am impressed.

We tried not spending massive amounts of money that we don''t have? When? Did I sleep through that?

If those cuts were reckless, like you say, why did Obama go out of his way to take them over and get them for himself?

The polls are actually about as far away from Obama it is possible to be and still be in the same country. Obama wants more spending and more taxes, the polls show the people want spending cuts and more taxes, with an emphasis on the spending cuts.

Last edited:
And here everbody was thinking it was government spending that was the reckless part........

That might be because you are deluded by the propaganda that says that people actually own their labor. The trooth is that everyone owes their labor to the common good, and are only entitled to what the government lets them keep.

:eusa_angel:

Radical RW bastards like Quantum Windbag are PRETENDING that the RepubliCON$ didn't fight Obama tooth and nail to keep the Bush Tax Cuts. They are going so far as to PRETEND that Obama "wanted" those reckless tax cuts. All so they can forward a false narrative of the Bush Tax cuts are now the Obama Tax cuts.

Uncanny!

*SMH*

Forum List

Back