W.H.O. Declares a PANDEMIC- level 5 now

so Mexico is only reporting 26 infections and 7 deaths to WHO.... and not over 100?

5 out of 6 in levels tells me that they know a little more about this than they are telling the public.

Hub just got home and he is feeling sick. grrrr

Sounds to me like they expect this thing to mushroom to a point that a huge percentage of the population will become infected.
Or go underground during the hot weather season only to rebound in the fall.

Don't worry, Obama is already telling everyone to wash their hands constantly, cover their nose and mouth when sneezing or coughing and not to go out in public if you're sick. So everything will be just peachy .........
That's not all he said but keep being an idiot.

Nobody knows where this will end up, but I just look at the past.
SARS
West Nile
Avian Flu
Mad Cow Disease
and even AIDS

So I do believe just keep it all in perspective...it may be something..but it may not.

didnt SARS effect more countries and more people dead?
yet this one gets escalated much faster than SARS did

This is escalating far faster than Sars.

Flu is very mutable, a new, more virulent strain developing as there are many more people infected is a definate possibility. Could go the other way as well.

Brought to us by the same WHO who used selective stats when ranking health care systems.. including not really ranking on quality and number of medical facilities and hospitals, actual quality of care, etc... and rather put ost of the basis on favoring socialized medicine systems??

Say it ain't so, Joe :rolleyes:

how did they whip people into a panic stricken frenzy before the internet?

jebus

Same way ... announce it on the news ... make it sound really bad by not giving real statistics ... letting people think this is happening in their back yard instead of reminding them that this is just a very small portion of the 8 billion people ... then ranting at how much more money they need ... then laughing on their way to the bank.

I feel that it's my duty to pay more in taxes so we can send tamiflu to mexico.
I mean hell, it's probably the US's fault that it started there.

Edit begins here.
That was sarcasm.

Last edited:

Fine .... then you can start a charity that does that and volunteer all your money, I will do whatever it takes to prevent them from wasting my money on something like that.

Fine .... then you can start a charity that does that and volunteer all your money, I will do whatever it takes to prevent them from wasting my money on something like that.

It's so hard to impart sarcasm on a message board, so I edited it.

LOL ... sorry, took a nap through Obamas speech, still a bit groggy.

LOL ... sorry, took a nap through Obamas speech, still a bit groggy.

Trust me, before too long, somehow the US will be implicated or blamed for this.
And, then it wouldn't surprise me if Mr Obama offered a public apology for it. He likes to acknowledge US blame for stuff that he can't personally be held accountable for and isn't really caused by the US.

Forum List

Back