Voter Suppression

presonorek

Gold Member
Jun 7, 2015
Alabama
Would you support a law that restricts people from registering to vote 60 days prior to an election even if they recently moved to the district where they plan to vote?

I think people over the age of 22 should be required to register to vote one year prior to an election. I get so angry every time I go to vote there seems to be people wanting to register to vote on Election Day. It doesn’t smell right. If you are 50 years old then you had 32 years to register to vote. Why did you choose today? Something ain’t right.

There are current laws in place, defining who and who cannot vote.
There don't need to be any NEW laws, they only need to ENFORCE the laws already in existence!!!
Actually they need new laws. Under the current laws they can exclude people from voting, because they share a name similar to a convicted felon.

All it takes is for one John Smith to be a convicted felon, and all John Smith's get purged.

Actually they need new laws. Under the current laws they can exclude people from voting, because they share a name similar to a convicted felon.

All it takes is for one John Smith to be a convicted felon, and all John Smith's get purged.

Nope.
All the other John Smiths have to prove their not the one in prison.
Such as a middle name, title, drivers license number, or SSI number.

I have been mistaken for someone else of the same first and last name and had to prove I wasn't that person......and this is how they defined the information.

Would you support a law that restricts people from registering to vote 60 days prior to an election even if they recently moved to the district where they plan to vote?

I think people over the age of 22 should be required to register to vote one year prior to an election. I get so angry every time I go to vote there seems to be people wanting to register to vote on Election Day. It doesn’t smell right. If you are 50 years old then you had 32 years to register to vote. Why did you choose today? Something ain’t right.
That's just people either waiting till the last minute or trying to vote in more than one district.
It's usually blacks or college kids....cheating their motherfucking asses off.

Forum List

Back