Voter I.D. law supresses the vote...that is why they had record vote turnout in Wisconsin, right?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Yes...an excellent point...they have voter I.D. in Wisconsin....and it supressed voters...right? Er....what? What was that you say? There was record voter turn out....? Really? Even with Voter I.D.....? Really?

Never mind........

Another democrat lie put to rest.......by the truth, the facts and reality......which are never the friend of leftwing/regressives......

Record Wisconsin Turnout Destroys Liberal Argument Voter ID Laws Disenfranchise Voters

Senators Ted Cruz and Bernie Sanders were able to net big victories this week when they won the Wisconsin presidential primaries for their respective parties, but there was also another big winner of Tuesday night's contests: Voter Identification laws.

Based on reports from the ground in Wisconsin, Tuesday's primary elections pulled in record turnout and the most voter participation since the 1970s.

Wisconsin saw a record breaking voter turnout for the spring primary elections.

Election organizers say this is the largest turnout for a primary race in Wisconsin since 1972. Throughout the state the voter turnout was about 47.5%. In Dane County the estimated turnout was about 66%.

Organizers estimated a 40% turn out before the race started, but Dane County Clerk Scott McDonell says right away they knew they would exceed that estimate.

"Even by one in the afternoon there were places that had 50% turnout already. The state average was predicted at 40% so we were clearly early on out performing those state estimates. We ended up almost closing in on 70 percent turnout which is just unheard of in April," McDonell says.

But wait, what's this?

Across the state, poll workers are reporting larger-than-usual turnouts and long lines at some locales. Though this is the first major election under Wisconsin's voter ID law, there have been few reports of problems at polling places.
And this?

Despite changes in voter ID and registration laws, election organizers say besides slowing down the poll lines, the new rules hardly had an impact on election night.

"A lot of that had to do with just the fact that the fact that you have to show id is that it takes more time. There's nothing you can do about that. It's an extra step for the poll workers," Government Accountability Board Director and General Counsel Kevin Kennedy says.

"That's actually a good sign because that tells us that very few people had problems with photo ID," Kennedy says.
Liberals have been demagoguing for years about how Voter I.D. laws disenfranchise voters. The 2016 Wisconsin presidential primary once again exposed their argument as completely false.

So....left wing regressives.......please Shut the F**k up about voter I.D. laws....you will just have to find another way to cheat....

nor is it suppressing youR dumb asses. You don't care enough to go get an ID to do the most important thing you can in this country. Then DON'T VOTE, sit down and shut up

For the people who had trouble getting a birth certificate or whatever, they should have started sooner. No problems, though--they'll have plenty of time to get ID before the Big One in November.

Yes...an excellent point...they have voter I.D. in Wisconsin....and it supressed voters...right? Er....what? What was that you say? There was record voter turn out....? Really? Even with Voter I.D.....? Really?
I saw that moron, Neil Cavuto take this line. So I ask you 2aguy, do you believe there is no voter suppression, only because the numbers were higher than before? Do you believe it is possible to suppress votes with one demographic while building up another? What about keeping down the numbers of people who wanted to vote? Would voter suppression be considered a myth, simply because numbers are up?

Let us say the youth is up in pure numbers, and percentage wise. Now let us say that 20% of the youth who wanted to vote in record numbers than ever before (not saying this is true), were prevented from voting. We have 80% of the potential youth vote breaking all records. Would you deny the youth vote had been suppressed?

Whoa whoa whoa Republicans, you are all about small government and no regulation... why the push to increase the government regulations with voting? That should be a Dem agenda!

Never mind........

Another democrat lie put to rest.......by the truth, the facts and reality......which are never the friend of leftwing/regressives......

Record Wisconsin Turnout Destroys Liberal Argument Voter ID Laws Disenfranchise Voters

Senators Ted Cruz and Bernie Sanders were able to net big victories this week when they won the Wisconsin presidential primaries for their respective parties, but there was also another big winner of Tuesday night's contests: Voter Identification laws.

Based on reports from the ground in Wisconsin, Tuesday's primary elections pulled in record turnout and the most voter participation since the 1970s.

Election organizers say this is the largest turnout for a primary race in Wisconsin since 1972. Throughout the state the voter turnout was about 47.5%. In Dane County the estimated turnout was about 66%.

Organizers estimated a 40% turn out before the race started, but Dane County Clerk Scott McDonell says right away they knew they would exceed that estimate.

"Even by one in the afternoon there were places that had 50% turnout already. The state average was predicted at 40% so we were clearly early on out performing those state estimates. We ended up almost closing in on 70 percent turnout which is just unheard of in April," McDonell says.

But wait, what's this?

Across the state, poll workers are reporting larger-than-usual turnouts and long lines at some locales. Though this is the first major election under Wisconsin's voter ID law, there have been few reports of problems at polling places.
And this?

Despite changes in voter ID and registration laws, election organizers say besides slowing down the poll lines, the new rules hardly had an impact on election night.

"A lot of that had to do with just the fact that the fact that you have to show id is that it takes more time. There's nothing you can do about that. It's an extra step for the poll workers," Government Accountability Board Director and General Counsel Kevin Kennedy says.

"That's actually a good sign because that tells us that very few people had problems with photo ID," Kennedy says.
Liberals have been demagoguing for years about how Voter I.D. laws disenfranchise voters. The 2016 Wisconsin presidential primary once again exposed their argument as completely false.

So....left wing regressives.......please Shut the F**k up about voter I.D. laws....you will just have to find another way to cheat....
This is truly ignorant and idiotic; it's minority voters who are adversely affected, not voter turnout overall.

It's not surprising that this sort of stupidity is common to most on the right.

Never mind........

But wait, what's this?

And this?

This is truly ignorant and idiotic; it's minority voters who are adversely affected, not voter turnout overall.

It's not surprising that this sort of stupidity is common to most on the right.

see post #7, moron.

Whoa whoa whoa Republicans, you are all about small government and no regulation... why the push to increase the government regulations with voting? That should be a Dem agenda!

you need an ID to get your welfare and food stamps, why not use the same one to vote?

the whole dem/lib narrative on ID's is bullshit.
Im sure any regulation can be justified... I just thought the Republicans were about loosening the grip of government and this issue seems to be a flip flop on their core principle. Interesting...

you need an ID to get your welfare and food stamps, why not use the same one to vote?

Whoa are you suggesting that many of the poor people you hate do not get welfare or food stamps?

I think there may be an entirely different motive for our government wanting us all to carry identity papers. It makes it easier to control a population's movements.

After all, Voter ID does not stop the most common types of voter fraud which occur. And when something does not achieve what it is claimed to achieve, then it must have a different purpose, right? If something doesn't achieve what it is claimed to achieve, then any sane person who wants as little government intervention in our lives as possible would abandon the project, wouldn't they?

QED, Voter ID has some other purpose. And since you sometimes attempt to give the impression you don't like the federal government, I find it veeeeeeery curious you are a stooge for the government movement to get us all to carry identity papers.

See: REAL ID Act of 2005.

And now a message from the Department of Fatherland Homeland Security:

Secure driver's licenses and identification documents are a vital component of a holistic national security strategy. Law enforcement must be able to rely on government-issued identification documents and know that the bearer of such a document is who he or she claims to be.

Papers! Papers, please! Vee must be able to tr-r-r-r-r-ack your moofments at all TIMES, citizen!

It's not about voting, kids. It's about monitoring and controlling your movements.

Last edited:

Apples and oranges fallacy.

Liberal here. I just wanted to say that I have no clue what the big deal with having your ID (assuming that your State ID or Diver's License fulfills this requirement) is a controversial idea. Do I think that voter fraud is a big deal? Not really for an individual...I'd actually assume most voter fraud perpetuated is by candidates or interested parties rather than some random guy trying to vote multiple times (since it is such a pain in the ass). On the other hand, I don't think it is unreasonable to ask for an ID either. It is something every citizen has or should have. It isn't difficult to attain, and, in some states, has no expiration date (I literally have seen a 30+ yr old carrying around her ID from when she was 16). If you aren't intelligent enough to have an ID, I'd actually argue you are probably too stupid to vote, since, you know, being able to read the words that are on the paper is a thing.

Then, why isn't a Dem agenda to ensure that the person voting is the person they are claiming to be?

The Bush regime's REAL ID Act of 2005 doesn't allow states to issue just any old identification. A lot of states had to throw out their drivers licenses and create new ones up to Homeland Security's specifications.

The 50 states have been ordered to create IDs which can be monitored and tracked by the federal government.

Example: http://www.co.pierce.wa.us/DocumentCenter/View/38880

Washington is among 24 states that have been operating with a REAL ID compliance extension because our regular driver licenses and ID cards do not meet all 41 different REAL ID requirements. DHS denied our state’s request for another compliance extension.

This means the federal government can deny anyone with a Washington drivers license from getting on an airplane if they so choose to get a bug up their ass.

Getting a photo I.D. is not difficult it's simply a question of do you want to do it.
Why is it important to you that everyone carry identity papers?
I don't really consider a photo ID which is most commonly a drivers license identity papers. If you feel carrying ID for doing multiple things other than voting is a danger start a movement to do away with all forms of ID.

Im sure any regulation can be justified... I just thought the Republicans were about loosening the grip of government and this issue seems to be a flip flop on their core principle. Interesting...

proving who you are before voting is a core principal of anyone with a modicum of common sense.

would you do away with IDs for food stamps and welfare? how about drivers licenses?

Forum List

Back