Voter Fraud

Your opinion, Rott, is not proof. Give the evidence, please, from credible public sources about Madison's "110%".

Voter fraud is just another scare tactic and that's it!

So, being as voter fraud is rare, rare, rare, what's the point of disenfranchising 10% of eligible voters and why the scare tactics?

That's why Madison, WI had a turn out of 110% participation for the Scott Walker re-call election, right? Sorry chief, but if every single eligible voter turned out, the most you could possibly have is 100% voter turn out. The fact that Madison, WI had a 110% PROVES beyond a shadow of a doubt that the left is actively and heavily engaged in voter fraud.

By the way, what is "scary" about having to show id at the polls? Unless of course, you either A.) involved in voter fraud, or B.) wanted by the authorities

Why is the left so afraid to have accurate, secure voting in America? I can only conclude that they know they will lose just about every election without cheating. If I'm wrong, please, someone give me a rational explanation. Georgia statistics prove that voting actually INCREASED significantly for minorities after they required identification to ensure there was no voter fraud.

Ummm... there's so many ways that blows up I'm having a hard time listing them all...

New voters would need new cards for every election...

Ummm.... just like new drivers need a new drivers license? Wow, what an injustice! God forbid!

There is no evidence. Rampant voter fraud is a myth. But its used as a political club every election cycle.

Voter fraud is a fact. Madison, WI just had a 110% voter turn out in the Scott Walker re-call election. Enough said.

Do voters who misplace their cards lose their right to cast a vote?

Do drivers who misplace their cards lose their right to drive? Or do they just go get a replacement? The left is making some really desperate "arguments" to ensure voter fraud continues. I wonder why that is?

Any way you look at it, the "compromise" would fail to provide 100% of the registered voters an ID that was guaranteed to be accurate at the time of the election.

And you base this on what? Considering 99.999999999% of America already has proper ID (drivers license, ID card, etc.), you'd be hard pressed to find a handful of people in any city that requires a special card. Getting them one in time for ANY election would be about as difficult as pouring a bowl of cereal.

There is a built-in way to deter voter fraud - and it's been working pretty well. When a person registers to vote, they must provide either a driver's license (or state issued ID) number, or their social security number. You might not have an ID, but a valid citizen in this country has to have a SSN. It's an optional field on the registration form - you aren't required to provide the info.

Yes, and Democrats have been providing SSN's of dead people, fake people, and ineligible people for decades and decades now. So it's time we have a PHOTO ID to ensure the person registering is, in fact, who they are claiming to be.

Look, it's just plain illogical to think that there could ever be an unbeatable system that would ensure no voter fraud whatsoever.

Great attitude! Lets allow voter fraud by claiming there is no way to stop it all. Unfortunately, that is just your opinion. While the facts prove that it can be 100% fraud free by taking the proper steps.

Harper v. Virginia Board of Elections
Harper v. Virginia Board of Elections

We conclude that a State violates the Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment whenever it makes the affluence of the voter or payment of any fee an electoral standard.

Regardless of what the 9th may think in this matter, any fee that a voter may pay for the sole purpose of voting is a "poll tax" and violates the 24th amendment as well as the 14th. These Voter ID laws do not combat fraud because the instances of fraud from them to combat is virtually nonexistant, and had it been such an issue as these states may claim, then it would have been so prior to this election. In fact if these laws keep one American from voting simply because they cannot afford the documentation to obatain these ID's then they have taken away that person(s) right to express themselves under several constitutional Amendments.

Except that, there is NO fee in any capacity. The ID's are given free if someone doesn't already have one (and who on God's green earth does not already have an ID of some kind?!?!?). So this is a false accusation by the left. The question is, why does the left insist on making these false accusations and encouraging voter fraud?

With the exception of those fees needed to aquire those documents and here, I'll give you an example.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjySbloc7zA]97-Year-Old Arizona Woman Disenfranchised by Voter ID Law - YouTube[/ame]

While I appreciate the need to combat voter fraud and it is not just a left or right thing as the Sec. of State of Indiana will tell you who was recently convicted on voter fraud counts and he is a (R). the instances of voter fraud overall do not support the need for such laws and of course I would be willing to change my mind on that if I could see data that would support it otherwise. I just happen to think its just as wrong to keep Americans, good an honest , and decent people like the one in the video there, from voting as it is to try and keep a small number of people from committing fraud. I have no real issue with IDs in general and have said as much many times , and tend to feel that if the intention here were to simply have an ID to vote then the process would be uniform and simple and totally free from start to finish which it clearly is not.

Rott has not produced any verifiable, public objective evidence of 110% voting in Madison.

We all seem to have strong opinions on what we think is right here. The bottom line here should be the Integrity of the Election Process. Personally, I don't care who pays for the ID, but we All need to have it. For anyone to be receiving any kind of State or Federal Aid or to use Banking, Credit, even Prescription Services, without it, is a joke. For those that need extra help getting their house in order, provide the service. Once it is fixed, that should be the end of it. Special Services or accommodations in those that still fail, should be case by case, and well reasoned. I'm against Federal ID's being Mandatory, because the Fed has a problem with Integrity, and will hand them out like candy, obstructing the States from doing their job in qualifying applicants. No One is going to find much, when they refuse to investigate. The game has been going on for Decades, and it's old. Refusing to face the problem, while denying it, is Catch-22.

I'm still pleasantly waiting for BDBoop to back up her assertion that huge amounts of voters will be disenfranchised if Voter ID is the rule. Of course I am pretty sure than she cannot back that up since there seems to be no evidence that ANYBODY is unable to get a photo ID that is required for just about everything including many services utilized by our poorest citizens.

I agree with Intense that those states requiring Voter ID can easily provide them free to those who absolutely cannot afford to pay a nominal amount to get one. Or better yet, the folks who are so opposed to Voter ID because something might not be allowed to vote if they don't have a photo ID should pony up the cash and help them out. That would be the compassionate thing to do would it not?

I'll be quite happy to pledge a few bucks to help pay for a photo ID for those who absolutely cannot afford to get one. How many people in the country who would vote can't afford one? Ten?

Last edited:
Voter fraud is real and if it didn't work people wouldn't attempt it. If anyone thinks it's OK because it helps his or her side of the isle you are wrong. Eventually both sides of the body politic will be infected with fraud and that will hurt all of us. Stand up against voter fraud and support voter ID or pay for it down the road.

Youre saying its real because people do it. Sorry, but thats circular logic.

I don't care if the logic is circular, triangular, or square it's still logic and logic and honesty is what is sorely missing in this debate.

Voter fraud is real and if it didn't work people wouldn't attempt it. If anyone thinks it's OK because it helps his or her side of the isle you are wrong. Eventually both sides of the body politic will be infected with fraud and that will hurt all of us. Stand up against voter fraud and support voter ID or pay for it down the road.

Youre saying its real because people do it. Sorry, but thats circular logic.

I don't care if the logic is circular, triangular, or square it's still logic and logic and honesty is what is sorely missing in this debate.

You don't even know what circular logic means, do you?

Here are the facts related to voter fraud:

People seemingly voting after they've been dead for years.

You mean like this Republican right here:Pinal County supervisor hopeful John Enright quits
???

There's an easy fix to that. Remove dead voters from the rolls.

Drug kingpins buying votes from poor people to sway elections. Non-citizens being bussed to the polls and coached on how to vote.
Those aren't even sentences.

Sadly, the left keeps adding them back to the rolls....

You mean like this Republican right here:Pinal County supervisor hopeful John Enright quits
???

Drug kingpins buying votes from poor people to sway elections. Non-citizens being bussed to the polls and coached on how to vote.

So far the only evidence presented in this thread of an actual vote being cast on behalf of a dead voter was done by a Republican.

???

Those aren't even sentences?!?! Actually, those are clear, proper sentences. I'm guessing you have nothing to refute those facts and as such, are desperately looking to disregard them? Please correct me if I am wrong.

???

So far the only evidence presented in this thread of an actual vote being cast on behalf of a dead voter was done by a Republican.

Then you and the rest of the liberals should be 100% behind ending voter fraud. Strangely though, none of you are... wonder why? Logic would dictate the only people opposing ensuring voting integrity are those behind voter fraud.

Then you and the rest of the liberals should be 100% behind ending voter fraud. Strangely though, none of you are... wonder why? Logic would dictate the only people opposing ensuring voting integrity are those behind voter fraud.

Good point. If Republicans are the worst villains in trying to manipulate and rig and steal elections, you would think the Democrats and other leftists would be screaming for Voter ID from the rooftops as well as other voter issues reform.

But it seems to be mostly the Republicans and others on the right who want to tighten or reform the rules to ensure fair and honest elections.

Interesting isn't it. :)

Voter ID is the poster child for a solution in search of a problem. There is almost no voter fraud. If it were such a rampant problem we would have the courts flooded with cases. We have almost none. Certainly common mistakes result in more erroneous votes cast than fraudulent ones.

As opposition mounts the Republicans are now reduced to saying that everyone already has ID so what is the problem? Good question.

There is the distinction of voter registration fraud vs actual fraudulent voting. Registration fraud rarely results in a fraudulent vote. To state that it does either represents ignorance of how voting works or simply a desire to deceive.

To get enough fraudulent votes to matter is a really daunting task. It can occur only where there is rampant corruption, places like Chicago in the fifties where the Daily machine had control of precincts. It is labor intensive and it is illegal. Unless you are quite sure of yourself you just may go to jail.

Voter fraud is just too much trouble and fraught with risk for the reward involved.

So what's a sleazy politician to do? Easy! Suppression. That is the wave of the future. It is easy. It is legal. In fact you can get the justice system to work for you by passing laws that make it more difficult to vote. Pass a voter ID law. Now all you have to do is make the rules and utilize just a little imagination. Just a few targeted rules and regulation can get you better results than fraud ever could.

Of course it really helps if you have your party in office to implement things. Little things. Limit the availability of the ID process. Have it done at as few places as possible so folks have to go a long ways. This will cut down the number of old people, young people and those without transportation. (sound like the democratic base?) Restrict your hours for issuance. It really works wonders if people come to get an ID and the office is closed. They probably won't come back. By all means make the process from application to issuance as long as possible.

Then come election time there are other creative things you can do. Limit the number of polling places in poor and young areas. Make sure there are lines. Young folks are very impatient and it is difficult for old folks to stand around that long. Maybe it will be possible to arrange things so these lines must be outside. Who knows god may grant you a snow or rainstorm. Either forbid or discourage same day registration. Again, difficult is better.

In my state the GOP is making noises about requiring students to vote in their home districts. This tells you what it is all really about. Not only their with state photo ID but in their home district and who cares how far that is from their school.

Voter fraud? That is so..................yesterday. Suppression, that is the name of the game.

I think you meant to say 'here are the facts on voter fraud as presented by my side of the aisle.'

There is not, and has not been, enough voter fraud to legitimize disenfranchising huge numbers of legitimate voters.

Why is it you get to decide "what he meant to say." ????

Because no has said, with any demonstrable evidence (opinions are not evidence), that significant fraud by either party has occurred.

My opinion is that voting is a moral obligation, and that going and getting a cost-free ID to meet requirements is not onerous.

Because no has said, with any demonstrable evidence (opinions are not evidence), that significant fraud by either party has occurred.

My opinion is that voting is a moral obligation, and that going and getting a cost-free ID to meet requirements is not onerous.

LOL

Nope, a thousand extra votes, more then voters being the norm

No evidence at all.

2004 was st governors race.

Then give a credible, objective link or politely give the argument up.

Full, folks are saying things without any support: does not cut it.

LOL

Nope, a thousand extra votes, more then voters being the norm

No evidence at all.

2004 was st governors race.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back