• Guilty

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • Not Guilty

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Not Decided

Votes: 6 26.1%

• Total voters
all the evidence against her is circumstantial....all it takes is one juror

But there seems to be a lot of it. Circumstantial does not mean bad and there is a HUGE gap of time between her reporting her child’s disappearance and when she actually disappeared. That REALLY stinks of something.

I find it more than a bit disturbing, that ICA looks like she is at someone else's trial. Bored and nonchalant.

I know about the case and don't like following it.

I don't like the fact that it's plastered all over the news because I think it gives people ideas.

However, from what I've heard, this case is a prime example why I think lawyers can be a God-send, but on the other hand they can be a travesty. They are considered to be officers of the court thus under oath but lie regularly in defense of their clients.

Personally, I think someone as dishonest as a lawyer should never be allowed to make important decisions over our lives.

Kinda fucked up, is it not??
For the defense, you may know all along that your client is indeed guilty, but you have to try and show their innocence and spare them from the prison sentence or get their charges down to a lesser one.
How do you do that, if you feel yourself they are fully guilty?? How can a lawyer defend someone they know did the crime??

But the prosecution, they are full throttle out to get their criminal. And it's their job to prove all the guilt and put a person away. And sometimes, they do so, to a someone who is an innocent party.
So then I wonder, how can they prosecute a person, if they have doubts in the backs of their minds somewhere.
It all boils down to the damn job and in cases such as this, the publicity.
The news yesterday said a lot of people were saying Baez took on this case because he wanted to make a name for himself. Oh he's done that alright, not sure it's the name he wanted tho.

True dat!

I've only been following it somewhat, not closely, but as of right now while I think she probably is guilty-if I were on the jury I'm not sure what I'd rule. While there is a distinction between possible and probable, I think it's somewhat probable that the child died in an accident, and she tried to cover it up, for fear of going to prison.

As a side note-drinking/partying during that time doesn't mean anything. A lot of people drink/party to help cope, or hide away pain they're experiencing.

Anyways while I'm not sure what I'd rule, until all the evidence is presented-there's no way I'd give her the death penalty. I think in order to reach that judgement one should have no doubt.

I don't like that the media has blown up this story, and it's ridiculous that many in the media don't remember, or seem to care that somebody's innocent before being found guilty. Remember what happened to the JonBennet Ramsey family? They already went through hell with their daughter dying, then they had to go through that craziness for years and years.

I've only been following it somewhat, not closely, but as of right now while I think she probably is guilty-if I were on the jury I'm not sure what I'd rule. While there is a distinction between possible and probable, I think it's somewhat probable that the child died in an accident, and she tried to cover it up, for fear of going to prison.

As a side note-drinking/partying during that time doesn't mean anything. A lot of people drink/party to help cope, or hide away pain they're experiencing.

Anyways while I'm not sure what I'd rule, until all the evidence is presented-there's no way I'd give her the death penalty. I think in order to reach that judgement one should have no doubt.

I don't like that the media has blown up this story, and it's ridiculous that many in the media don't remember, or seem to care that somebody's innocent before being found guilty. Remember what happened to the JonBennet Ramsey family? They already went through hell with their daughter dying, then they had to go through that craziness for years and years.

The above in red, maybe if Casey were doing all this after the fact. Say, after the baby was found dead, and she was "trying" to cope, I would maybe believe that more. But she was doing this during the 31 days her baby girl was MISSING. The little girl was probably already dead we now know, but it was those days that Casey was dancing/partying....the days Caylee was supposedly missing.
I can't see anybody acting in such a way, no matter what. She wasn't in any pain at that time, hell, she told everyone her baby was with the nanny, and everyone now knows, that was a lie. And indeed, the child was dead.
Casey wasn't trying to dance away any pain, she was happy to be free, that's how I see it.

You do not dance and party the 'pain' of losing your child away. NO ONE can do that. That type of pain is worse than anything that you can ever experience or fathom. There is no way that she was covering for an accident. I don’t even see how a parent could do that. Your dead child in your arms from an accident and you think, gee, how can I avoid possibly going to jail even though this is an accident. Not possible.

Forum List

Back