Virginia to lower unemployment payments

Unemployment shouldn't be treated as income to live on... It's meant to allow you some necessities, like food and shelter so you can get up off your ass and go out and actively find a job.

just remember you're talking to fools who want a guaranteed 20 bucks an hour whether they work a lick or knot.

Everyone is at fault from top to bottom, but I fail to see what war mongering has to do with North Carolina lowering its unemployment payments, which was the topic of this thread.

It's all related to the general discussion about the exploitation of the american worker at the hands of the rich.

It's about sharing the pain equally.

Victimhood again? NO one forces you to work in America for evil rich white people.. Move or start your own damn business. Ever thought of that? I hear they need workers in china.

Snookie is talking about the undervaluing of labor as a result of vertical management structure. Starting his own business wouldn't fix that, neither would moving to China.

I had no idea this was was so difficult to understand. :doubt:

Unemployment shouldn't be treated as income to live on... It's meant to allow you some necessities, like food and shelter so you can get up off your ass and go out and actively find a job.

just remember you're talking to fools who want a guaranteed 20 bucks an hour whether they work a lick or knot.

Wow. You sure love straw men.

Nobody's saying workers shouldn't be fired for failing to do their job.

I know... It's not easy educating imbeciles about how unfair life really is regardless of what politicians who use them for votes would have them believe.

Wow. You sure love straw men.

Nobody's saying workers shouldn't be fired for failing to do their job.

straw men? My post had nothing to do with how you get to drawing unemployment, it's about what you do when you're on it... That is if you have any morals, or thoughts of self reliance... Not to mention self respect.

It's all related to the general discussion about the exploitation of the american worker at the hands of the rich.

It's about sharing the pain equally.

Victimhood again? NO one forces you to work in America for evil rich white people.. Move or start your own damn business. Ever thought of that? I hear they need workers in china.

Snookie is talking about the undervaluing of labor as a result of vertical management structure. Starting his own business wouldn't fix that, neither would moving to China.

I had no idea this was was so difficult to understand. :doubt:

Your right on China,not so much on the other.

why don't blooper put his money where he mouth is,, start a business and pay your employees, what you think a fair wage is, get back to us on what you end up making and what the employees make.. I'd like to see what you come up with. can ewe do it? also list what it took for you to start up your business and how long did it take you to even draw a paycheck? go..

why don't blooper put his money where he mouth is,, start a business and pay your employees, what you think a fair wage is, get back to us on what you end up making and what the employees make.. I'd like to see what you come up with. can ewe do it? also list what it took for you to start up your business and how long did it take you to even draw a paycheck? go..

Nah. I wouldn't want to take the financial risk. Maybe in a few years when I've gotten a bit further in life. :eusa_hand:

Plus, if you had read my posts, or understood the economic principal I cited, you'd know that the solution to the undervaluing of labor isn't paying employees more.

Nah. I wouldn't want to take the financial risk. Maybe in a few years when I've gotten a bit further in life. :eusa_hand:

Plus, if you had read my posts, or understood the economic principal I cited, you'd know that the solution to the undervaluing of labor isn't paying employees more.

so what did you plan to do with the money you took from the CEO? Pocket it?

That's fair, but it's a concern of the workforce as a whole. What needs to happen is a cultural shift where those that hold up the country are given precedence over those that simply hold intellectual property, or a business degree.

The holder of intellectual property can employ 1,000 people. When those 1,000 people would sit on their asses waiting for someone to tell them what to do.

Are you familiar with the events following Argentina's bankruptcy? Well, simply, when workers were left up to their own devices, they took over empty factories and continued producing.

Sounds like an inspiring story.
But where did they get their raw materials to continue producing what ever it was they produced?
Someone had to pay for them.
But I'm going to check it out for sure. Sounds pretty interesting.

Money I took from the CEO? Where in the world did that come from?

Japan is doing it.

Welfare benefits will be slashed by ¥74 billion over a three-year period starting from fiscal 2013, after a government panel found that some people are making more on the dole than the average low-income person who is not spends on living costs, it was learned Sunday.

It's about time someone started showing some fiscal sanity. When we get to the point where welfare pays more than working, it's time to lower welfare.

Or, perhaps, executive salary caps.

It's about time someone started showing some fiscal sanity. When we get to the point where CEOs earn seven figure salaries, while funding politicians to lower the minimum wage and cut welfare, it's time to put in place executive salary caps.[/QUOTE]

right cheer.

Japan is doing it.

Welfare benefits will be slashed by ¥74 billion over a three-year period starting from fiscal 2013, after a government panel found that some people are making more on the dole than the average low-income person who is not spends on living costs, it was learned Sunday.

It's about time someone started showing some fiscal sanity. When we get to the point where welfare pays more than working, it's time to lower welfare.

It's about time someone started showing some fiscal sanity. When we get to the point where CEOs earn seven figure salaries, while funding politicians to lower the minimum wage and cut welfare, it's time to put in place executive salary caps.

right cheer.

Executive salary caps don't take money away from the corporation. They simply force them to spend it elsewhere. :eusa_eh:

It's about time someone started showing some fiscal sanity. When we get to the point where CEOs earn seven figure salaries, while funding politicians to lower the minimum wage and cut welfare, it's time to put in place executive salary caps.

right cheer.

Executive salary caps don't take money away from the corporation. They simply force them to spend it elsewhere. :eusa_eh:

Yeah, in China.

right cheer.

Yeah, in China.

Exactly, amigo. What these anti-government types fail to realize every time is that their interests aren't what corporate America has in mind - being motivated by profit increases productivity alongside harm to the worker/consumer.

And sorry I didn't reply to your PM. I need to be at 50 posts to send messages to non-administrators. So, for now, let's just say that it wasn't suicide, but an error on my part.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back