Viral story of boy who died in Santa's arms unravels

Color me surprised. The guy playing Santa wouldn't release the names of the people involved, so guno celebrates that the heartwarming story must not be true.

Color me surprised. The guy playing Santa wouldn't release the names of the people involved, so guno celebrates that the heartwarming story must not be true.
I agree that refusing to involve the privacy of others is not a denial of the story. Nor does the Tennessee paper state it is untrue. They simply say they cannot verify with witnesses, which is good journalism. Where did they get the story in the first place if not from 'Santa' himself?

Still it is sad,isn't it, that an act of kindness is treated with immediate disbelief and acts of meanness are accepted at face value? What's happened to us? I admit to skepticism, if not outright disbelief, when first I read the piece.

• Banned
Spinning fairy tales won't make them real

I agree that refusing to involve the privacy of others is not a denial of the story. Nor does the Tennessee paper state it is untrue. They simply say they cannot verify with witnesses, which is good journalism. Where did they get the story in the first place if not from 'Santa' himself?

Still it is sad,isn't it, that an act of kindness is treated with immediate disbelief and acts of meanness are accepted at face value? What's happened to us? I admit to skepticism, if not outright disbelief, when first I read the piece.
I agree completely. Obviously, the source that first reported this failed to verify the details. What began as a feel good Christmas story is now a sloppy and sad footnote for the season.

Hey, guano! President-elect Trump sends his regards. Hope you enjoy the inauguration ceremony on January 20th, followed shortly by the president beginning to unravel Barry's EO mess. It'll be great TV viewing, so hopefully Santa brings you a nice new big screen tube this year.

Forum List

Back