Violation of Civil Rights: Calling Someone Never Formally Charged A Thief

It might be cause for slander, but I don't see it as a civil rights violation.

I believe slander has to be with reckless disregard for the truth. If the storeowner has witnessed the person stealing, then it is not reckless disregard.
I in no way see this as violation of civil rights. What civil right is being violated? If the person's rep suffers, he has recourse to sue.
And why I had to endure 3 pages of narco-libertarian claptrap about rights is beyond me. We need better moderation.

I believe slander has to be with reckless disregard for the truth. If the storeowner has witnessed the person stealing, then it is not reckless disregard.
I in no way see this as violation of civil rights. What civil right is being violated? If the person's rep suffers, he has recourse to sue.
And why I had to endure 3 pages of narco-libertarian claptrap about rights is beyond me. We need better moderation.

You didn't have to endure anything. You voluntarily entered into and read this thread.

You didn't have to endure anything. You voluntarily entered into and read this thread.

I wanted to make sure I hadn't missed any important points. But seeing your name in a post pretty much guarantees I don't.

I wanted to make sure I hadn't missed any important points. But seeing your name in a post pretty much guarantees I don't.

You could always put me on ignore.

Forum List

Back