Vikings Fire Coach Chilly

Big Fitz

User Quit *****
Nov 23, 2009
Yes, the obvious happened.

Ziggy Wylf has fired Coach Chilly. Breaking news on KTLK that he has been relieved of all coaching duties and Leslie Fraiser has been installed as interim head coach.

Now the question remains, will Favre be benched, or released?

I've been hearing on the local media essentially there has been a locker room revolt ever since Moss was brought in and then released in almost subsequent weeks. Players publicly questioning the capability of Chilly for on and off field decisions.

The season may turn around yet. LOL

Good!

Now they just need to release Favre and swap T Jack with Webb as the replacement so he can get warmed up for next year. Just as long as they don't win too many games the rest of this year so we can get a good draft pick.

Yeah they've been dissecting it on Paul Allen. I won't be surprised if T Jack starts a few games the rest of this season, and if he does play it's basically an interview for next year. Webb is two or three years away from being competitive at this level... so maybe put him on the field a few series this year just to see his progress, but he won't be better starter material than T Jack this season or next.

My hope is that Jackson learned some valuable stuff from Favre, and can translate that knowledge into performance. Learning first hand from one of the greatest QBs of all time is an advantage that no other young QB in the league has right now.

I would rather see Favre finish his career on the sidelines, passing his knowledge onto a QB of a younger generation, than to get beat up and fall apart on the field throwing embarrassing interceptions; statistically, I'm pretty sure Favre is the worst QB in the league right now. There's more dignity in coaching and helping from the sidelines at this point.

Thanks for the memories Chilly!

He had to go, but in some ways, its a shame. He did a very good job assembling a quality team. I don't think he had any major free agent busts and generally drafted pretty well. Maybe he should be a GM.

I had a feeling that news would come today.Looks like he Wade Phillips backside is in front of Brad as he follows him.:lol: Now all they got to do is fire Favre-bench him and let jackson play to get experience for next year.

Last edited:
the season is a goner......Jackson should get the rest of the starts, either he shows it or he doesn't and that will answer mgt's question as to what they do in the off season, how they draft and what they assemble to buy who they need. farve should take a back seat, its over.

I had a feeling that news would come today.Looks like he Wade Phillips backside is in front of Brad as he follows him.:lol: Now all they got to do is fire Favre-bench him and let jackson play to get experience for next year.
rumor has it, that that's coming. Fraizer and Wylf are not happy with him and Favre said he's going to "re-evaluate". It would be fitting that Favre's last game is a drubbing from the team that helped make him a household name and star.

rumor has it, that that's coming. Fraizer and Wylf are not happy with him and Favre said he's going to "re-evaluate". It would be fitting that Favre's last game is a drubbing from the team that helped make him a household name and star.

And you know what would put icing on that cake?

A Vikings superbowl win next year! :lol:

And you know what would put icing on that cake?

A Vikings superbowl win next year! :lol:
The other rumor is that in the off season, Wylf is so disgusted with what's happened, he's going to hire a new coach and gut the team to save money, and start over. Keep say Jared Allen, AP and maybe one or two others. But otherwise all those high priced veterans are gone.

That's the local rumor.

Favre needs to go...The man is a shell of his former self. He's embarrasing himself at this point. Sad really.

The Viqueens need to take a serious look at free agency this off season.....Jackson sucks. Webb is nowhere near ready.

But it's about time Childress hit the road...Seriously, the man commands no respect.

When Favre played well...Childress was a genius

When he sucked...Childress got fired

The "Fire Childress" chant from the crowd was just brutal. I don't think I've ever heard anything like that before, and I'm a Philly fan, I thought I heard EVERYTHING.

The "Fire Childress" chant from the crowd was just brutal. I don't think I've ever heard anything like that before, and I'm a Philly fan, I thought I heard EVERYTHING.

You never heard the "Good-bye Allie" chants of Giant fans in the 1960s when they wanted to get rid of Allie Sherman

You never heard the "Good-bye Allie" chants of Giant fans in the 1960s when they wanted to get rid of Allie Sherman
No, between the bubbling of my bong, and the auditory hallucinations from the acid, I wasn't hearing much of anything that decade.

Forum List

Back