[VIDEO] ~ Portugal legalizes ALL personal drug usage, Usage and crime drop instantly

The point is they will find something else ILLEGAL to do. they won't go straight. So that part of your hope is bogus.

like when the mob kept bootlegging alcohol after prohibition? o yea i remember that... :cuckoo:

No they switched to other activities that were still illegal. DUH
You keep saying that....and, keep forgetting to post any proof, of that.

Why's that???????

:rolleyes:

The point is they will find something else ILLEGAL to do. they won't go straight. So that part of your hope is bogus.
When alcohol prohibition ended the national crime rate declined dramatically. So whatever pursuits the displaced booze dealers followed the statistics do not support the theory of continued criminal activity. While some undoubtedly will follow other illegal pursuits there is no reason to believe that all or most would.

While I have no opinion on the potential legalization of all presently illegal drugs I strongly advocate the legalization of marijuana, which I believe to be relatively benign. And if marijuana were legalized the demand for it would not decline, meaning the need for experienced growers and distributors would remain constant. The major difference would be the federally mandated requirement to produce and distribute quality cannabis products, which implies the creation of a new tax-producing, jobs-producing industry.

Meh, I have no opinion whatsoever on MJ, legalize it, whatever, but to just declare that ALL drugs should be legalized is beyond stupid.
.....Only to those who know NOTHING about drugs.

:rolleyes:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEdzZaXwf8o]YouTube - Cops say legalize drugs part1[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E48guWoQGa4&feature=related]YouTube - Cops say legalize drugs part2[/ame]​

Meh, I have no opinion whatsoever on MJ, legalize it, whatever, but to just declare that ALL drugs should be legalized is beyond stupid.
What makes pot deserving of such magnanimous dispensation?

BTW, ending the foolish and failed "war" on (some) drugs won't automatically make all recreational drugs legal...The r-r-r-r-r-r-r-responsibility (remember that word?) for dealing with them would devolve to the states.

Personally I don't think there's conclusive evidence that pot is either addictive or any more dangerous than alcohol. The same can't be said for other drugs.
There's not only evidence....there're also the related footnotes!!!

Pot should be regulated just the same as alcohol with the same laws for DUI and the like.

I DO feel that pot should be up to the voters of each state. I do not feel other drugs should be up for debate.
If someone (else) decides, for himself/herself, that a Life of day-labor & legal-Heroin is what they prefer, it's none o' YOUR damned-business!!

What a shitty way for pot heads to treat all the dealers that risk life and limb to provide them with something that gives them a buzz. Where's the damn respect ???
Let Pot-heads grow-their-own.

Problem SOLVED!!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAbewt6ZGO0[/ame]​

Last edited:
We're not Portugal, if they jumped off a bridge would you follow them down?

A drastic decrease in crime and drug use is hardly jumping off a bridge. You are an idiot.

Maybe he took alot of legal drugs in Portugal and now his brain is mush...oh wait...that would be a negative to legalizing drugs wouldn't it...sorry, bad analogy. A TRUE one...but bad for the thread.
A "TRUE one", huh.....one o' those drug-war Absolutes, right??

:eusa_eh:

"The apocalypse never happened" as some predicted...

When the country of Portugal decriminalized ALL illegal drugs eight years ago.

The country did NOT become a haven for drug use.

Drug abuse & drug crime actually DRASTICALLY DECREASED.

YouTube - Portugal legalizes drugs. Crime/Usage falls.

Dream on dope fiend......it'll never happen here.
I always get a big kick outta you "conservatives" who use the terms NEVER & ALWAYS, so often, 'cause....more-often-than-not....you're WRONG!!

:eusa_whistle:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVxuHV9K4PI]YouTube - Oaksterdam[/ame]​

[...]
I'll be glad to debate anyone regarding the legalization of drugs as soon as someone admits that there will be a down side to it. Thinking there would be no negative consequnces to decriminalization is denial.
What specifically do you expect the downside will be?

So what drugs would everyone like to see legalized?

all of them and put them under strict control by the government and have them sold by private companies. same rules apply to not being on drugs while high, no driving while high etc, no public drugs yadda yadda just make them legal

So, you would legalize PCP and other dangerous hallucinogens? For what purpose?
PCP is NOT a hallucinogen. Never was...never wiil BE.

As-far-as psychedelics, in-general, the idea they're Schedule 1 is bullshit!!!

Hallucinogens Have Doctors Tuning In Again
Treat Anxiety Disorders
Prisoners to Prophets
Q&A: LSD

all of them and put them under strict control by the government and have them sold by private companies. same rules apply to not being on drugs while high, no driving while high etc, no public drugs yadda yadda just make them legal

You do realize it could be monitored better?
If a kid wants to do it, they will do it, no matter how illegal it is. When I did Acid for the first time I wasn't thinking about it being illegal. I also didn't die, or have crazy flashbacks.
Same, here ......

....And, I've been waiting 42 YEARS for a flashback!!​

Last edited:
It never hurts to have morons interject some humor. thanks dilldo:clap2:

My pleasure---and we can save tons of money by eliminating mandatory education----If they don't want it--no one should force it on them.

wow more diversion, so your anti-education?

no---I'm arguing that individuals having the right to do whatever they want to with their minds or their bodies. Are you unable to look at the bigger picture or do you just want your pot and to hell with everything else?

You do realize it could be monitored better?
If a kid wants to do it, they will do it, no matter how illegal it is. When I did Acid for the first time I wasn't thinking about it being illegal. I also didn't die, or have crazy flashbacks.

Wait. You're advocating not only making it legal, but making it legal for children? Jesus Christ.....................

Just out of curiosity. Do you know what meth is? do you know what the main ingredients are?

Are you talkin'-about good, clean pharmaceutical-meth.....or, that White-trash bathtub-concoction, Mr. Science?????

[...]
I'll be glad to debate anyone regarding the legalization of drugs as soon as someone admits that there will be a down side to it. Thinking there would be no negative consequnces to decriminalization is denial.

That the criminal element we are currently dealing with will resort a more heinous crime.

People who profit by breaking laws will expoit other weaknesses and promote that product or service.

[...]

That the criminal element we are currently dealing with will resort a more heinous crime.

People who profit by breaking laws will expoit other weaknesses and promote that product or service.

If pot is legal, then there is no criminal aspect to it's buying and selling. It's a racist prohibition and keeping it in place to guard against these criminals doing some other crime is beyond moronic.:cuckoo:

Yep. Portugal no longer exists since they legalized all drugs.
That's how the U.S. managed to disappear....back when WE were using so-many drugs!!!
544.gif

34749-cocaine_toothache_drops_copy.jpg

0download.jpeg

4download.jpeg

download.jpeg

benz-inhaler.jpg

benzedrine+inhaler2.jpg

Benzedrine_300x533.gif

Last edited:
[...]

You're extremely narrow minded on this issue. To the point.....if we put your mind in a coffee straw it would sound like a BB getting dropped into the Grand Canyon.

You're extremely narrow minded on this issue. To the point.....if we put your mind in a coffee straw it would sound like a BB getting dropped into the Grand Canyon.

I hope to be deep and broad someday but I smoked to much pot as a kid.

Forum List

Back