[VIDEO] ~ Portugal legalizes ALL personal drug usage, Usage and crime drop instantly

So what drugs would everyone like to see legalized?

all of them and put them under strict control by the government and have them sold by private companies. same rules apply to not being on drugs while high, no driving while high etc, no public drugs yadda yadda just make them legal

So, you would legalize PCP and other dangerous hallucinogens? For what purpose?

all of them and put them under strict control by the government and have them sold by private companies. same rules apply to not being on drugs while high, no driving while high etc, no public drugs yadda yadda just make them legal

For the purposes of he's one of the morons I was referring to in the other thread.

Sooner or later,

we ALL have to be responsible for ourselves,

and we have to choose to LIVE,

as well as decide on our own code of ethics that will dictate the circumstances of our life ~ some crack ho, skanking around in the night, or a mid level manager, or a geek with a hacker hobby, ... WHATever.

For the children: Mang, if something is going on with your kids that is making them want to kill themselves with drugz, there is NO AMOUNT of law that could be written to prevent it. It's up to FAMILIES to love each other, not superficially, but truly and unconditionally, and to help each other through the rough times, as best as can be done.

I say legalize ALL drugs. The drug "cookers" and dealers will STILL have customers, and if their product is so bad or so good that it KILLS those customers? They'll run themselves out of biz, and with any luck, kill themselves in the process.

fyi: Opium poppies are "all natural," springing forth from the ground, and MANY of our best anaesthetic drugs are derived from this plant. Willow trees? Aspirin source. And the list goes on.

You do realize it could be monitored better?
If a kid wants to do it, they will do it, no matter how illegal it is. When I did Acid for the first time I wasn't thinking about it being illegal. I also didn't die, or have crazy flashbacks.

You do realize it could be monitored better?
If a kid wants to do it, they will do it, no matter how illegal it is. When I did Acid for the first time I wasn't thinking about it being illegal. I also didn't die, or have crazy flashbacks.

Wait. You're advocating not only making it legal, but making it legal for children? Jesus Christ.....................

Just out of curiosity. Do you know what meth is? do you know what the main ingredients are?

They may have no choice.

What if your "industry" dried up and blew away tomorrow?...Would you find something else to do, or just continue doing what you were doing for shits-n-grins?

Do you think drug traffickers accustom making big money in an illegal trade would just go straight? or would they just find another high paying illegal activity to engage in?

You don't legalize drugs to push dealers into tax paying jobs.

why not, did Jesus tell you that was bad?

Do you think drug traffickers accustom making big money in an illegal trade would just go straight? or would they just find another high paying illegal activity to engage in?

I can guarantee that all the pot dealers would put down their guns. Why? Simple, they can now sell their product to companies like the cigarette companies rather than carve off areas of operation via gang war.

Chances are, when the other dealers of stuff like meth, cocaine and heroin (which should remain illegal in my opinion), would follow suit and become pot farmers.

And yes, the DEA would still have something to do.

As far as my personal opinion about it? I'd rather follow the advice of God when He told Adam and Eve "if it grows out of the ground, you may have it". It was also reiterated to Moses on Sinai.

Oh yeah.........the Holy Anointing Oil of the Kings of Israel, God's Chosen People? One of the ingredients was cannabis oil.

It was also used medicinally as well as for pleasure, there is archaeological evidence of this.

I knew it!!!!! I just knew it!!!! Jesus WAS a doper!!!

I had my suspicions all along...but now, it's been proven!! HOLY POT PIPE BATMAN!!! The Son of God had a hash habit!

seriously, show me a long haired carpenter who doesn't smoke pot

plenty republicans are for pot decrim, lets start their. Since the cartels make 90% of thier money on pot and we spend billions annually to jail mostly minorities for something less harmfull than beer and way less harmfull than cigs.

You libertine liberal commie pinkos! You want to ruin America!

Next thing you know they'll be saying cigarettes should be legal and then EVERYONE is going to smoke a pack a day. Goddammit. Don't they understand that the GOVERNMENTS GOTTA PROTECT PEOPLE FROM THEMSELVES?! Can't they realize that the only reason people don't do drugs is because they're illegal!? Goddammit. Arghh!!! Grrrrrhhgghhhhh...... uhh....

I am thy Gubbamint, I brought you to America to be thy Gubbamint

cool---that means that the exact same thing would happen in America !
It already has...... :rolleyes:

"Not only did the number of serious crimes increase, but crime became organized. Criminal groups organize around the steady source of income provided by laws against victimless crimes such as consuming alcohol or drugs, gambling, and prostitution. In the process of providing goods and services, those criminal organizations resort to real crimes in defense of sales territories, brand names, and labor con tracts. That is true of extensive crime syndicates (the Mafia) as well as street gangs, a criminal element that first surfaced during Prohibition.

The most telling sign of the relationship between serious crime and Prohibition was the dramatic reversal in the rates for robbery, burglary, murder, and assault when Prohibition was repealed in 1933. That dramatic reversal has Marxist and business-cycle crime theorists puzzled to this day. For example, sociologist John Pandiani noted that "a major wave of crime appears to have begun as early as the mid 1920s [and] increased continually until 1933 . . . when it mysteriously reversed itself." Theodore Ferdinand also found a "mysterious" decline that began in 1933 and lasted throughout the 1930s. How could they miss the significance of the fact that the crime rate dropped in 1933?" - U.S. Bureau of the Census, Historical Statistics of the United States, Colonial Times to 1970

"Pauline Sabin's concern over prohibition grew slowly. Initially she favored the Eighteenth Amendment, explaining later, "I felt I should approve of it because it would help my two sons. The word-pictures of the agitators carried me away. I thought a world without liquor would be a beautiful world.""

Gradually, however, intertwined motherly and political concerns caused her to change her mind. Her first cautious public criticism of prohibition came in 1926 when she defended Wadsworth's opposition to the law. By 1928 she had become more outspoken. The hypocrisy of politicians who would support resolutions for stricter enforcement and half an hour later be drinking cocktails disturbed her. The ineffectiveness of the law, the apparent decline of temperate drinking, and the growing prestige of bootleggers troubled her even more. Mothers, she explained, had believed that prohibition would eliminate the temptation of drinking from their children's lives, but found instead that "children are growing up with a total lack of respect for the Constitution and for the law.""

In later statements, she elaborated further on her objections to prohibition. With settlement workers reporting increasing drunkenness, she worried, "The young see the law broken at home and upon the street. Can we expect them to be lawful?"" Mrs. Sabin complained to the House Judiciary Committee: "In preprohibition days, mothers had little fear in regard to the saloon as far as their children were concerned. A saloon-keeper's license was revoked if he were caught selling liquor to minors. Today in any speakeasy in the United States you can find boys and girls in their teens drinking liquor, and this situation has become so acute that the mothers of the country feel something must be done to protect their children."

Only in your dreams, cops get to many toys out of the war on drugs to give it up.
....And, how could the DEA justify their Divine Right to job-security, if Pot was legalized?

Is it possible they'd experience downsizing (like everyone-ELSE), post-Pot-legalization??? :rolleyes:

not jailing 800,000 mostly minorities would save billions. Where are the small gov morons on this issue?

Forum List

Back