Video: Obama promises Janesville that plant will “thrive,” “will be here for another

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
well well,
links and video at site

SNIP:
posted at 3:31 pm on September 3, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Last week, I wrote extensively about the risible and embarrassing “fact checks” applied to Paul Ryan’s convention speech regarding his recollection of Barack Obama’s promise to Janesville to keep the plant open for another hundred years, but Phil Kerpen has managed to dig up the video of the event.

Read my earlier post to refresh your memory of that media failure, and then watch Obama do exactly what Ryan said he did — tell the people at the GM plant in Janesville that his plan would usher in a clean-energy economy that would keep the plant slated for shuttering open for another 100 years:

I believe that if our government is there to support you, and give the assistance you need to retool and make this transition, that this plant will be here for another 100 years. So, that’s our priority… I want it to thrive right here in the United States of America, I want it to thrive right here in Janesville, Wisconsin. And that’s the future I will fight for as president of the United States of America.

Here’s what Ryan said in his speech:

all of it here with video
Video: Obama promises Janesville that plant will “thrive,” “will be here for another 100 years” « Hot Air

How does any of that change the fact that the plant closed before Barack Obama became President? Candidate Obama said: "I believe that if our government is there to support you"...

It wasn't... but it wasn't because of anything President Obama did or didn't do. When the plant closed, he was not President.

How does any of that change the fact that the plant closed before Barack Obama became President? Candidate Obama said: "I believe that if our government is there to support you"...

It wasn't... but it wasn't because of anything President Obama did or didn't do. When the plant closed, he was not President.

Simple a plant doesnt close until the last car rolls off, which in this case was April 2009, after Obama was president, but even better is the plant is on standby, which means it can be reopened. With the "sucess" of GM, why hasnt it?

Simple a plant doesnt close until the last car rolls off, which in this case was April 2009, after Obama was president, but even better is the plant is on standby, which means it can be reopened. With the "sucess" of GM, why hasnt it?

Because GM has chosen to succeed in China, rather than Janesville.

But but but but but but Obama's context!

Here's what he actually said, "We succeed because of our individual initiative but ... of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together."

See, he never said ANYTHING about keeping the plant open

Fuking rethugs. First you want to bitch because PRESIDENT Obama saved the auto industry.

Then you want to bitch because CANDIDATE Obama wanted the GM plant to stay open another 100 years adn it didn't.

Make up your fuking minds. Oh and BTW, what did you want Obama to do? Force GM to keep a plant open for production of trucks that were not selling?

You rethugs understand why people view you as hypocrites?

Fuking rethugs. First you want to bitch because PRESIDENT Obama saved the auto industry.

Then you want to bitch because CANDIDATE Obama wanted the GM plant to stay open another 100 years adn it didn't.

Make up your fuking minds. Oh and BTW, what did you want Obama to do? Force GM to keep a plant open for production of trucks that were not selling?

Exactly good post , could not have said it better .:clap2:

awww, showing the Democrats and Obama lies gets to you eh?

Oh, so when Obama uses our Tax dollars to make GM profitable for the Chinese, and American Plants close their doors we are somehow supposed to view this as a victory for Obama, and not be critical of it... And if we are critical of it, we are hypocrites? Um... OK. I'm surprised you didn't call us racists as well.

Nope, because we're not. Obama "saved" the auto industry to you? He didnt save it, the fundamentals of GM are the same, they didnt change anything. So we'll be back here very shortly.

And if GM is in such good shape, why is this plant not open? They can retool for pickups, it's not that different, doesnt require much retooling and look at trucks:
Top 10 Best-Selling Cars: May 2012 - KickingTires
6a00d83451b3c669e2016766fe2fe9970b-800wi

Notice number 1 and 3......what are they? light trucks.....so you're comment, they didnt sell is BULLSHIT, since pickups dont get great gas mileage

Do you ever tire of being so incredibly wrong all the time?

LastGMBannerLine_t500.jpg

This is the proverbial "falso argomento". :eusa_eh:

It is like saying that Bush (43) is responsible for the fact that Clinton did not kill Osama. It happened long before he was ever president, here is a time-line in DESCENDING order:

Feb 2008 - Obama speech
June 2008 - FINAL GM AP release saying they are closing he plant by 2009, already offered buyouts to employees and they accepted. (AKA: DONE DEAL)
July 2009 - GM raises out of Gov backed chapter 11

NEVER did the federal government take over any "C" level chair in GM, they only took majority shares. :lol:

Besides, Necons always have to complain it is in their nature. If Obama did interfere and force GM to keep this plant open they would have complained about that.

Big FUCKING yawn over this dead horse... :lol::lol:

Nope, last vehicle was in April 2009. So the plant was open

GM plant in Janesville closing for good this week - JSOnline

April 19, 2009

I think I was correct, you can play semantics all you want, but the last car rolled off in April 2009. You do realize that when they get a closing order, it can be recinded? You also realize the plant is on standby, meaning it can be reopened? Anytime.....still waiting...

And if GM is in such good shape, why is this plant not open? They can retool for pickups, it's not that different, doesnt require much retooling and look at trucks:
Top 10 Best-Selling Cars: May 2012 - KickingTires
6a00d83451b3c669e2016766fe2fe9970b-800wi

Notice number 1 and 3......what are they? light trucks.....so you're comment, they didnt sell is BULLSHIT, since pickups dont get great gas mileage

Almost any stat for car sales is will show truck sales being higher, they show higher because of fleet contracts. In recent years Ford has moved aggressively to secure that market, it used to dominated by Chevy until they hit chapter 11 in 2009.

Just look around when you are driving, almost every fleet or work truck will be a ford.

Yawn. :lol:

Apples and oranges dumb ass. But I wouldn't expect a retard like you to understand that.

well well,
links and video at site

SNIP:
posted at 3:31 pm on September 3, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Last week, I wrote extensively about the risible and embarrassing “fact checks” applied to Paul Ryan’s convention speech regarding his recollection of Barack Obama’s promise to Janesville to keep the plant open for another hundred years, but Phil Kerpen has managed to dig up the video of the event.

Read my earlier post to refresh your memory of that media failure, and then watch Obama do exactly what Ryan said he did — tell the people at the GM plant in Janesville that his plan would usher in a clean-energy economy that would keep the plant slated for shuttering open for another 100 years:

I believe that if our government is there to support you, and give the assistance you need to retool and make this transition, that this plant will be here for another 100 years. So, that’s our priority… I want it to thrive right here in the United States of America, I want it to thrive right here in Janesville, Wisconsin. And that’s the future I will fight for as president of the United States of America.

Here’s what Ryan said in his speech:

all of it here with video
Video: Obama promises Janesville that plant will “thrive,” “will be here for another 100 years” « Hot Air

If only that plant had survived the Bush years, what might of been,.

Have you noticed how the Republicans can't seem to find any plants that actually closed during the Obama years, surely there are some after all Paul Ryan said there were like 1.3 million per year, OK the real number is only about 40,000 but you know Ryan is not about truthful facts it's the delivery that counts.

April 19, 2009

I think I was correct, you can play semantics all you want, but the last car rolled off in April 2009. You do realize that when they get a closing order, it can be recinded? You also realize the plant is on standby, meaning it can be reopened? Anytime.....still waiting...

Please show me where any article said that the "last car rolled off in April". Even your own link said:

About 1,200 employees were let go just before Christmas when GM ended SUV production at the plant.

You guys can keep trying, but Lyin' Ryan is still Lyin' Ryan...(and will be for the rest of the election)

April 19, 2009

Please show me where any article said that the "last car rolled off in April". Even your own link said:

About 1,200 employees were let go just before Christmas when GM ended SUV production at the plant.

You guys can keep trying, but Lyin' Ryan is still Lyin' Ryan...(and will be for the rest of the election)

Production at the General Motors plant in Janesville is scheduled to end for good this week. Check the date: April 19, 2009

DUH!!!!!!

GM Janesville plant still on standby - JSOnline

Since they were shut down in 2009, both the Janesville and Tennessee plants have been on standby status, meaning they were not producing vehicles, but they were not completely shut down.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/30/politics/pol-fact-check-ryan-gm/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

So I win......would you like another spanking?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back