Video: Obama promises Janesville that plant will “thrive,” “will be here for another

well well,
links and video at site

SNIP:
posted at 3:31 pm on September 3, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Last week, I wrote extensively about the risible and embarrassing “fact checks” applied to Paul Ryan’s convention speech regarding his recollection of Barack Obama’s promise to Janesville to keep the plant open for another hundred years, but Phil Kerpen has managed to dig up the video of the event.

Read my earlier post to refresh your memory of that media failure, and then watch Obama do exactly what Ryan said he did — tell the people at the GM plant in Janesville that his plan would usher in a clean-energy economy that would keep the plant slated for shuttering open for another 100 years:

I believe that if our government is there to support you, and give the assistance you need to retool and make this transition, that this plant will be here for another 100 years. So, that’s our priority… I want it to thrive right here in the United States of America, I want it to thrive right here in Janesville, Wisconsin. And that’s the future I will fight for as president of the United States of America.

Here’s what Ryan said in his speech:

all of it here with video
Video: Obama promises Janesville that plant will “thrive,” “will be here for another 100 years” « Hot Air

Is that why Bush killed the Janesville plant?

Now it is clear

Activities in the plant at Janesville was suspended and the plant temporarily closed. obama gave money to ONLY his favored union groups for their plants to remain open but Janesville doesn't fit into the favored group category.

Activities in the plant at Janesville was suspended and the plant temporarily closed. obama gave money to ONLY his favored union groups for their plants to remain open but Janesville doesn't fit into the favored group category.

China is in the favored group ya know. :D

Fuking rethugs. First you want to bitch because PRESIDENT Obama saved the auto industry.

Then you want to bitch because CANDIDATE Obama wanted the GM plant to stay open another 100 years adn it didn't.

Make up your fuking minds. Oh and BTW, what did you want Obama to do? Force GM to keep a plant open for production of trucks that were not selling?

You rethugs understand why people view you as hypocrites?

Apples and oranges dumb ass. But I wouldn't expect a retard like you to understand that.

Hey asshole. You go ahead and explain what you mean. Your comment was so stupid I somehow missed the point you must have been trying to make.

Did you really want the President to force GM to keep that plant open? Really?

Hey asshole. You go ahead and explain what you mean. Your comment was so stupid I somehow missed the point you must have been trying to make.

Did you really want the President to force GM to keep that plant open? Really?

This is what happens when we have overtly uninformed people.

They just always need to complain, they would complain either way. There would be baby cries from the right if he did interfere.

This is just a perverted non-issue.. It is a complete distraction away from how bad Rmoney and Ayn Ryan are, instead they can just argue about what happened 4 months before Obama became president.

well well,
links and video at site

SNIP:
posted at 3:31 pm on September 3, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Last week, I wrote extensively about the risible and embarrassing “fact checks” applied to Paul Ryan’s convention speech regarding his recollection of Barack Obama’s promise to Janesville to keep the plant open for another hundred years, but Phil Kerpen has managed to dig up the video of the event.

Read my earlier post to refresh your memory of that media failure, and then watch Obama do exactly what Ryan said he did — tell the people at the GM plant in Janesville that his plan would usher in a clean-energy economy that would keep the plant slated for shuttering open for another 100 years:

I believe that if our government is there to support you, and give the assistance you need to retool and make this transition, that this plant will be here for another 100 years. So, that’s our priority… I want it to thrive right here in the United States of America, I want it to thrive right here in Janesville, Wisconsin. And that’s the future I will fight for as president of the United States of America.

Here’s what Ryan said in his speech:

all of it here with video
Video: Obama promises Janesville that plant will “thrive,” “will be here for another 100 years” « Hot Air

No need to go to the site

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TsV_Z0NPCA&feature=player_embedded]Obama: "Plant will be here for another 100 YEARS... right here in Janesville, WI." - YouTube[/ame]

OP: Must be from the early days of his presidency when he believed his own hype that anything he said must surely come to pass because he said it.

Forum List

Back