Video games without people of color are not 'neutral'

John Marston

Oct 23, 2014
Mesquite
Racial insanity grows and gain crazy forms over and over.

The myth of white neutrality persists in the world of gaming, where black characters in fantasy games can be deemed less "realistic" than dragons.
Video games without people of color are not neutral - Boing Boing

What a shit is this hunting for racist motives. Kind of idiotic sport or activity for those who have nothing else to do.
Do we have now look for racist motives in the works of JRR Tolkien?

How can it possible to imagine that there are any "non-white" characters in the fantasy world, based on medieval Eastern Europe?

Like I say, these people are so dangerously stupid that they've become weapons for the leftwing globalist elite.

Did you read the article? What part are you disagreeing with exactly?
This article just for your review.
My thoughts are just an anger at this faken "where are the non-white people?" trend

Why does diversity anger you so?
They're fucking video games. Good lord you progressives and your damn agendas.

The SJW movement is like a virus infecting everything, even pressuring video game developers to include gay sex in games.

But nope that stuff isn't being forced on us huh? Brainwash the kids as early as possible

Did you read the article? What part are you disagreeing with exactly?
This article just for your review.
My thoughts are just an anger at this faken "where are the non-white people?" trend

Why does diversity anger you so?
They're fucking video games. Good lord you progressives and your damn agendas.

The SJW movement is like a virus infecting everything, even pressuring video game developers to include gay sex in games.

But nope that stuff isn't being forced on us huh? Brainwash the kids as early as possible

Its an opinion piece, calm down, sheesh. No one is pressuring anyone to do anything it was just an opinion from some guy. I didnt know that qualified as the Democratic Party.

FTA: Tauriq Moosa reignited the discussion of diversity in video games with an opinion piece that questioned both the absence of non-white characters in the fantasy roleplaying game Witcher 3, and the objections of white players whose characters were randomly assigned a race in the survival game Rust.

If you read it, he asked why there were no non-black characters and white people were mad when they COULDNT choose a white character. So, what are you angry about? The people who were mad they couldnt choose white characters?

or just the question of where are the non white people?

There is a good argument for both positions. I'm not much of a gamer anymore, but I did play some video games where the protagonist was female and that did serve as an obstacle to full immersion. It wasn't "me". I can imagine that for people of color, having a white avatar creates the same barrier.

On the other hand, destroying the "historical accuracy" pretty much accomplishes the same result.

There is a good argument for both positions. I'm not much of a gamer anymore, but I did play some video games where the protagonist was female and that did serve as an obstacle to full immersion. It wasn't "me". I can imagine that for people of color, having a white avatar creates the same barrier.

On the other hand, destroying the "historical accuracy" pretty much accomplishes the same result.

These guys are just looking for things to be upset about.

Most of these games are from the first person perspective so you never see your avatar anyway

Most of these games are from the first person perspective so you never see your avatar anyway

Then its safe to say those arent the games they are talking about

Witcher 3 is a third person perspective game.

Resident Evil was the one I was thinking of...also third person. Playing "Claire" didn't ruin the game, but it was certainly detrimental to full immersion...for me at least.

I am an avid gamer and a member of a gaming forum that traffics in this nonsense. I am well aware of the arguments about these issues and the developers that get pressured as their games progress through development.
The arguments are led by a VERY loud vocal minority.

These guys are just looking for things to be upset about.

I think it's just a matter of perspective. Not seeing things from the other point of view.

I am an avid gamer and a member of a gaming forum that traffics in this nonsense. I am well aware of the arguments about these issues and the developers that get pressured as their games progress through development.

Are you skipping the white guys who complained about not being able to pick a white person too?

Wicher 3 is a third person perspective game.

Resident Evil was the one I was thinking of...also third person. Playing "Claire" didn't ruin the game, but it was certainly detrimental to full immersion.
The Witcher 3 is a narrative driven story about a specific person. Most rpg's have a character that you create because they don't have a previous identity. On top of that most rpg's have skin color sliders in the character creation at the beginning of the game. Unless they are narrative/story driven characters

Are you skipping the white guys who complained about not being able to pick a white person too?
I skip all of it because I think it's all stupid. You play games to escape reality for a period not bring your political correctness with you.
And Bioware is the worst offender for caving into wild social media complaining

Forum List

Back