Video: Eagle drags goats off cliff

Book of Jeremiah

Platinum Member
Nov 3, 2012
This is the film footage of a golden eagle waging war against goats who are on his territory. The eagle drags and drops the goats one by one off the cliff. He then lures the ones hiding in the crags of the mountain to the edge of cliff and later swoops in. Amazing footage captured on film.

Here's a lesson for the goats. Don't hunt for what you can't kill.

Yeah, but look at what a goat can do to paper ... (possibly even to thin-ass sheets with gilded edges)!

I'll take that as a good sign since it has not been too long ago Eagles were starving and their numbers declining.

Reminds me of the stories of line workers finding deer hanging on the electric transmission wires and not being sure how they got up there.

Mama and Papa Eagle will do whatever it takes to keep enemies away from her hatchlings. Goats don't hunt, by the way.

Eagles' territory is not to be trifled with.

Ask this guy how it worked out when he did it....

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
What on earth was he doing with an eagle in his office?
Apt symbolism, though.

giphy.gif
What on earth was he doing with an eagle in his office?
Apt symbolism, though.

Just think what the eagle might have done if he had like normal-sized fingers.

Gotta love that look on his face as he exits stage right. We'll see that look again in November.

Mama and Papa Eagle will do whatever it takes to keep enemies away from her hatchlings. Goats don't hunt, by the way.
Definition of HUNT
  1. to pursue for food or in sport <hunt buffalo>b : to manage in the search for game <hunts a pack of dogs>

2. 2a : to pursue with intent to capture <hunted the escapees>b : to search out : seek

3. 3: to drive or chase especially by harrying <members … were hunted from their homes — J. T. Adams>

4. 4: to traverse in search of prey <hunts the woods>

5. intransitive verb
  6. 1: to take part in a hunt

7. 2: to attempt to find something

8. 3: to oscillate alternately to each side (as of a neutral point) or to run alternately faster and slower —used especially of a device or machine

Last edited:
Territorial war? It looked like the eagles were preying on the goats.

I saw footage some years ago of eagles hunting turtles. They pick them and drop them on rocks.

Eagles are clever.

Reminds me of the stories of line workers finding deer hanging on the electric transmission wires and not being sure how they got up there.
?????

And for those sad about the dead goat here is one that will cheer you up....sort of....maybe...just weird

!!!! We have lots of bald eagles around here--they will take a cat or a small dog, but I've never heard of them lifting a deer (I'm guessing it's a faun). Are golden eagles a lot bigger than bald eagles?

?????

And for those sad about the dead goat here is one that will cheer you up....sort of....maybe...just weird

!!!! We have lots of bald eagles around here--they will take a cat or a small dog, but I've never heard of them lifting a deer (I'm guessing it's a faun). Are golden eagles a lot bigger than bald eagles?

Yeah it was a small deer. Have no idea about the eagle thing. I have seen print stories along these same lines but that just happened to be one I found with a video.

?????

Yeah it was a small deer. Have no idea about the eagle thing. I have seen print stories along these same lines but that just happened to be one I found with a video.

I'm dying to know how the goat got up there. Glad he was okay.

?????

Golden eagle - king of the skies | DinoAnimals.com

According to the source quoted on this link the largest one on record had a wingspan of 9.22 ft..

Last edited:

Forum List

Back