Video Captures Security Guard Trying To Detain Man At Dog Park - How Was He Wrong?

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"A TikTok posted Thursday of a security guard allegedly attempting to detain a man at a private dog park has gone viral with 1 million views and 52,000 likes. The video starts: “So I take Ziggy to the dog park closest to my house today and this happens!!!” -- A man in a green polo shirt and blue lanyard tells the TikToker that he’s detaining the TikToker for “criminal trespass.”

You don’t live on this property,” the guard replies. He continues to say that the TikToker was at the dog park “the other day” and that he “made some comments to some people” who accused the TikToker of beating his dog, Ziggy. The TikToker denies beating his dog, prompting the man to say that he doesn’t care because it didn’t happen on the property.

The TikToker attempts to leave again, but the man continues to say that he’s being detained. You can leave if you want to, but I can pick you up at the house,” the man says. The TikToker says that he feels “unsafe” as the man follows him around the dog park. “Feel unsafe if you want to, but you not going anywhere until a zone car gets here,” the man says.

Although the security guard was off-duty; everyone knows that you are never off duty when you are Top Flight Security....

unnamed.jpg

After the back and forth with the guard and the dog abuser, it seems like a physical altercation happens between them....After this went viral, the security company that this guy works for made a statement that they have suspended the guard...wtf?? What did he do wrong?? -- It was a private dog park....the dog beater didn't live there; so that is trespassing.. the law enforcement officer had no choice but to detain him and protect the other residents from harm....

Now the guard may have not had the legal right to go to this guy's house and pick him up later like he said; but I believe that he should be able to....the cops are already under a great deal of strain -- maybe its time we empower security guards more to help out law enforcement..if that means having the power to enter homes to make arrests, so be it....especially when the guy you are arresting is a rampant dog beater....

"A TikTok posted Thursday of a security guard allegedly attempting to detain a man at a private dog park has gone viral with 1 million views and 52,000 likes. The video starts: “So I take Ziggy to the dog park closest to my house today and this happens!!!” -- A man in a green polo shirt and blue lanyard tells the TikToker that he’s detaining the TikToker for “criminal trespass.”

You don’t live on this property,” the guard replies. He continues to say that the TikToker was at the dog park “the other day” and that he “made some comments to some people” who accused the TikToker of beating his dog, Ziggy. The TikToker denies beating his dog, prompting the man to say that he doesn’t care because it didn’t happen on the property.

The TikToker attempts to leave again, but the man continues to say that he’s being detained. You can leave if you want to, but I can pick you up at the house,” the man says. The TikToker says that he feels “unsafe” as the man follows him around the dog park. “Feel unsafe if you want to, but you not going anywhere until a zone car gets here,” the man says.

Although the security guard was off-duty; everyone knows that you are never off duty when you are Top Flight Security....

View attachment 556972

After the back and forth with the guard and the dog abuser, it seems like a physical altercation happens between them....After this went viral, the security company that this guy works for made a statement that they have suspended the guard...wtf?? What did he do wrong?? -- It was a private dog park....the dog beater didn't live there; so that is trespassing.. the law enforcement officer had no choice but to detain him and protect the other residents from harm....

Now the guard may have not had the legal right to go to this guy's house and pick him up later like he said; but I believe that he should be able to....the cops are already under a great deal of strain -- maybe its time we empower security guards more to help out law enforcement..if that means having the power to enter homes to make arrests, so be it....especially when the guy you are arresting is a rampant dog beater....
There should be public spaces where you can go and beat your dog in peace, or your wife if she gets out of line. This wouldnt happen in that case.

View attachment 556972

Karen the rent-a-cop has spoken.

Forum List

Back