VFW just sounds out on Trumps comments to the Khans

My Congressman is a vet himself....Duncan Hunter..I will be sending him an e-mail asking what he plans to publically do about this attack on a Gold Star Family.

Done.

It is none of his business, so enjoy wasting your time.

You probably had to look up what a gold star family was! How many of your children have served in the military?
Fascinating. If my Congressman, who is himself a vet, doesn't think insulting a Gold Star family is his business, then he would not get my vote and I will tell him so.
And I know quite well what a Gold Star family is.

I have one daughter and she is in college currently. But my wife and I are both retired Navy as is my Father in Law while my father and grandfather served in the Air Force and Army.

Is this where you now personally attack my family? I'm learning to expect that from Drumpf minions.

OK, I will spell it out in plain English for you. What the fuck do you expect him to do about it? He is a Congressman, not God.

Well, I have you beat about 5 times over as far as family service, but your ignorance about everything else makes your knowledge on many subjects extremely suspect.
I expect him to publically condemn what Drumpf said to that Gold Star family as at least two other Congresscritters have done so far. I want to hear his condemnation....silence is tacit approval.

Why? So you can feel better that someone else is mischaracterizing what happened? I guess you just want your Congresscritter to be as ignorant as you are. Will that make you all warm and fuzzy on the inside?

Can you even tell me by quoting what Trump said that pissed you off? My bet is that you or any lib for that matter cannot come up with anything specific.

My Congressman is a vet himself....Duncan Hunter..I will be sending him an e-mail asking what he plans to publically do about this attack on a Gold Star Family.

Done.

You probably had to look up what a gold star family was! How many of your children have served in the military?
Fascinating. If my Congressman, who is himself a vet, doesn't think insulting a Gold Star family is his business, then he would not get my vote and I will tell him so.

I have one daughter and she is in college currently. But my wife and I are both retired Navy as is my Father in Law while my father and grandfather served in the Air Force and Army.

Is this where you now personally attack my family? I'm learning to expect that from Drumpf minions.

OK, I will spell it out in plain English for you. What the fuck do you expect him to do about it? He is a Congressman, not God.

Well, I have you beat about 5 times over as far as family service, but your ignorance about everything else makes your knowledge on many subjects extremely suspect.
I expect him to publically condemn what Drumpf said to that Gold Star family as at least two other Congresscritters have done so far. I want to hear his condemnation....silence is tacit approval.

Why? So you can feel better that someone else is mischaracterizing what happened? I guess you just want your Congresscritter to be as ignorant as you are. Will that make you all warm and fuzzy on the inside?

Can you even tell me by quoting what Trump said that pissed you off? My bet is that you or any lib for that matter cannot come up with anything specific.
I am amused that you are all hung up on me contacting my Congresscritter. Makes me wonder why.

You are a retired trash hauler who was one tick away from being dropped from flight school is probably closer to the truth. The only thing you ever fought in the military was boredom.
Disagree with his politics, but don't knock his service.

There are a lot of great war biographies and stories written by vets out there. One of them is Thomas Heggen's "Mr. Roberts". Heggen served 14 months during WWII in the thankless, "boring" but vital job as an officer aboard a supply ship sailing "from Tedium to Apathy and back again, with an occasional side trip to Monotony". A comment he made in his notes and later in the book. In the book, after Mr. Roberts was transferred to a warship headed for Japan, he wrote a letter back to his men: "Doc, I've been aboard this destroyer for two weeks now and we've already been through four air attacks. I'm in the war at last, Doc! I've caught up with that task force that passed me by. I'm glad to be here. I had to be here, I guess. But I'm thinking now of you, Doc,and you, Frank. And Dolan, and Dowdy, and Insigna and everyone else on that bucket. All the guys everywhere who sail from Tedium to Apathy and back again, with an occasional side trip to Monotony. This is a tough crew on here, and they have a wonderful battle record. But I've discovered, Doc, that the unseen enemy of this war is the boredom that eventually becomes a faith and, therefore, a terrible sort of suicide. l know now that the ones who refuse to surrender to it are the strongest of all. Right now I'm looking at something that's hanging over my desk. A preposterous hunk of brass attached to the most bilious piece of ribbon I've ever seen. I'd rather have it than the Congressional Medal of Honor. It tells me what I'll always be proudest of: That at a time in the world when courage counted most I lived among 62 brave men."

FWIW, Heggen committed suicide at age 30. Another American sacrificed on the alter of American freedom.

It took 10 men and women to support one man on the ground in Vietnam. Many of those jobs are outsourced now to rich corporations, but the jobs are still vital. I don't knock anyone who does their duty while serving their country. Most don't have much choice in their assignments but all are vital to the mission of their service.

I'm sorry, but when he/she/whatever uses that service to promote their politics it is fair game. Claiming expertise on military affairs while serving as a cargo pilot makes about as much sense as commentary from a Greyhound bus driver on the state of space exploration.
"Some military more equal than others"......funny how there is no distinction on my retired ID.....

As you SHOULD know, we have warfare specialties in the Navy. As a trash hauler, yours was suspect from the beginning when compared to others in the aviation community. . I earned two different warfare specialties and was a very rare commodity in the Navy. How many C-130 pilots ever were CNO?

Although I don't approve of Trump's response to the family, I have always thought it is somewhat unfair to belittle candidates who did not serve in the military for whatever reason. Those who did, fine, we honor their service. But those who didn't? It doesn't make the veteran "better." So in that sense, I didn't like Mr. Khan's statement "You have never sacrificed anything." Neither have I, but it doesn't make me a less good person simply because my son didn't die during his time in the service. I don't get that part of the argument. Trump should have stayed away from defending himself on that one, since it was a stupid accusation to begin with.

I missed Hillary's sacrifice.

A fool is someone who doesn't try to avoid obvious danger.
So a Marine who jumps on a grenade to save his squad is a fool?

The Official United States Marine Corps Public Website > moh > Citation

LANCE CORPORAL WILLIAM KYLE CARPENTER
UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS

Medal of Honor Official Citation reads:

For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty while serving as an Automatic Rifleman with Company F, 2d Battalion, 9th Marines, Regimental Combat Team 1, 1st Marine Division (Forward), I Marine Expeditionary Force (Forward), in Helmand Province, Afghanistan, in support of Operation Enduring Freedom on 21 November 2010. Lance Corporal Carpenter was a member of a platoon-sized coalition force, comprised of two reinforced Marine rifle squads partnered with an Afghan National Army squad. The platoon had established Patrol Base Dakota two days earlier in a small village in the Marjah District in order to disrupt enemy activity and provide security for the local Afghan population. Lance Corporal Carpenter and a fellow Marine were manning a rooftop security position on the perimeter of Patrol Base Dakota when the enemy initiated a daylight attack with hand grenades, one of which landed inside their sandbagged position. Without hesitation and with complete disregard for his own safety, Lance Corporal Carpenter moved toward the grenade in an attempt to shield his fellow Marine from the deadly blast. When the grenade detonated, his body absorbed the brunt of the blast, severely wounding him, but saving the life of his fellow Marine. By his undaunted courage, bold fighting spirit, and unwavering devotion to duty in the face of almost certain death, Lance Corporal Carpenter reflected great credit upon himself and upheld the highest traditions of the Marine Corps and the United States Naval Service.

Oh, come on! How big of a moron do you expect us to think you are?

Lance Corporal Carpenter was a hero.

Now, what would you call him if he jumped on a live grenade while he was by himself? That would be a fool!
Now you qualify your original statement........uh huh.

What original statement was that? You need to go to bed. You are getting more confused with each post you make.

Although I don't approve of Trump's response to the family, I have always thought it is somewhat unfair to belittle candidates who did not serve in the military for whatever reason. Those who did, fine, we honor their service. But those who didn't? It doesn't make the veteran "better." So in that sense, I didn't like Mr. Khan's statement "You have never sacrificed anything." Neither have I, but it doesn't make me a less good person simply because my son didn't die during his time in the service. I don't get that part of the argument. Trump should have stayed away from defending himself on that one, since it was a stupid accusation to begin with.

She gave up eating pussy for lent one year.

• Former Trump Aide: Khan's Son Would Be Alive If Trump Were President
    The Hill ^ | August 1,2016 | Jesse Byrnes
    Donald Trump's former campaign manager on Monday said that Khizr Khan's son, Capt. Humayun Khan, would still be alive today if Trump had been president. Corey Lewandowski noted Trump's long-standing opposition to the War in Iraq, where Humayun Khan was killed by a suicide bomber in 2004.
Translation: GW Bush's Presidency and the war in Iraq was a mistake. All Republicans who supported the war should be told "You're Fired!"

An interesting perspective. Do you think he would have retaliated against Al-Qaeda and Afghanistan after 9/11?

Hillary voted for the war, remember?
Correct. Fuck Hillary. Now, back to the asshole running for President who attacked the mother of an American hero for no reason at all.

Do you think Trump was right to attack Heidi Cruz? Do you think it's good leadership and Presidential for a person to do any of those things?

How did he attack her? That is all I keep hearing but no one will say it and the media keeps claiming some kind of attack when no one will quote what was said. Why is that? Is the offense simply imaginary?

All I saw was Trump questioning her silence as possible being enforced by her husband.. Since Muslim custom dictates that, why should he be drawn and quartered for pointing that out?

She gave up eating pussy for lent one year.
ROFL

Heck, even I'm not that dedicated.

BHk6T0UCEAAEOLq.jpg

• Former Trump Aide: Khan's Son Would Be Alive If Trump Were President
    The Hill ^ | August 1,2016 | Jesse Byrnes
    Donald Trump's former campaign manager on Monday said that Khizr Khan's son, Capt. Humayun Khan, would still be alive today if Trump had been president. Corey Lewandowski noted Trump's long-standing opposition to the War in Iraq, where Humayun Khan was killed by a suicide bomber in 2004.
Translation: GW Bush's Presidency and the war in Iraq was a mistake. All Republicans who supported the war should be told "You're Fired!"

An interesting perspective. Do you think he would have retaliated against Al-Qaeda and Afghanistan after 9/11?

I would have thought that Trump would have needed definite proof....If as it happened that OBL stated that he was responsible for 9/11, I believe he wold have bombed the hell out of where ever OBL was....and wait on the land troops.....Carpet bombing is only bad for the people that protect a killer!

How did he attack her? That is all I keep hearing but no one will say it and the media keeps claiming some kind of attack when no one will quote what was said. Why is that? Is the offense simply imaginary?

All I saw was Trump questioning her silence as possible being enforced by her husband.. Since Muslim custom dictates that, why should he be drawn and quartered for pointing that out?
I quoted it at least twice before. Try googling it.

The fact remains Trump fucked himself on this issue. Someone of Presidential caliber would have let it go and focused on real issues. Instead, Trump threw gasoline all over it and struck a match. I watched his staffers on the news today. They were really struggling trying to steer the message away from Trump's bonfire.

I quoted it twice before. Try googling it.

Care to humor me?

Personally, I don't give a rat's rectum what you believe, because you are consistently wrong and that would just be another example.
A fair point. Politics is one thing but attacking one's honorable service their country is out of bounds.

Thank you for your input. You seem to have no problem assuming his/her/whatever's service was honorable. This is an old battle and the other party is just as guilty of insulting me. Have a nice day!

I quoted it at least twice before. Try googling it.

The fact remains Trump fucked himself on this issue. Someone of Presidential caliber would have let it go and focused on real issue. Instead, Trump threw gasoline all over it and struck a match. I watched his staffers on the news today. They were really struggling trying to steer the message away from Trump's bonfire.

He didn't attack her, he just wandered why she didn't speak.....I mean it was a national platform and she didn't say a word....plus the hijab, plus they were Muslim, so inquiring minds wanted to know.

I would have thought that Trump would have needed definite proof....If as it happened that OBL stated that he was responsible for 9/11, I believe he wold have bombed the hell out of where ever OBL was....and wait on the land troops.....Carpet bombing is only bad for the people that protect a killer!
Even Slick Willie knew bin Laden was a threat, but because he was more interested in Monica's snatch and "purty mouth", he didn't/couldn't do anything about it. Bush was just settling into his Presidency when the shit hit the fan. It was pretty clear from the start who did it.

Well, this thread and the links in it, including the link in the OP, indicate that the furor over Trump's comments, with many calling his comments an attack, towards the parents of a war hero, are not relegated to Democrats. Disgust and outrage have been voiced by Republicans too. And now, the leader of the nation's largest war veterans group, representing 1.7 million war veterans has joined the furor and publicly denounced Trump. Trying to pin this furor on Democrats is simple misinformation and propaganda. The nation's largest war veterans organization, The Veterans of Foreign Wars abbreviated as the VFW, is not connected to the Democratic Party.
Let's see the source for your information.
The VFW National Commander's exact written comment are in the OP link, post #1 and another link is provided in post #20.
The comment was made by Brian Duffy, not 1.7 million members. I wasn't able to find much information about Duffy but I would be interested in knowing what his political affiliation is and which (if any) political party he donates to. I find it hard to believe a man in his position would fail to see that Khan was being used for political purposes. He very well could be using his position to help the Clinton campaign. Time will tell.
It was made on behalf of the VFW. End of story.
No, it was made on behalf of HIMSELF. End of story, asshole.
You should try and refrain from insult posting unless you can back up your claims.The statement was made officially by the VFW and published by them in an official press release. So, the Commander was speaking on behalf of the VFW. Insult posting is a sign of low intelligence and that lack of intelligence or at least knowledge on a topic is made obvious when you are proven to be completely wrong.

vfw.org/News-and-Events/Articles/2016-Articles/VFW-Supports-Gold-Star-Families/

I am amused that you are all hung up on me contacting my Congresscritter. Makes me wonder why.

It is just another in an seemingly unending parade of "stupid" coming from your posts. I'm done. EX3-4.

Thank you for your input. You seem to have no problem assuming his/her/whatever's service was honorable. This is an old battle and the other party is just as guilty of insulting me. Have a nice day!
I don't have to agree with a vet to take their word they served. We have a few Stolen Valor assholes here, but I have no reason to suspect bodecea is one of them.

I don't know your background nor your battles with him/her. How long were you in the service? Navy too?

It was wrong of the Khan family to allow their sacrifice and grief to be used for Democratic political campaign fodder...

That said...

Trump has lost yet another decent-sized chunk of (already wavering) support, with this latest collection of foolhardy responses...

At this rate, by the time we get to November 8, Trump won't pull more than 10-15% in the General Election... one of the biggest Ass-Whoopings in recent memory.

Deservedly so.

Not because the HildaBeast (a.k.a. the Ghost of Boss Tweed of Tammany Hall) is a particularly trustworthy or competent or moral creature...

But because the Alternative is ssssooooooo very much worse...

The fool simply has no filters, nor grace nor class... a caricature and walking bumper-sticker rather than a Leader of Men and Nations...

Rather like McMurphy from "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" channels the Ghost of Attila the Hun...

A big, unthinking, petulant child-man, who emotes rather than reasons...

No thank you...

I like a half-dozen things he says...

But I don't believe he'll carry through with any of them...

And, having him with his mitts on the Treasury and finger on The Button, the price is simply too high...

I despise the HildaBeast...

But I'm stuck voting for her...

God, I hate this...

Normally I agree. But Trump brought up the fear the muslim card. If I'm a muslim, I'm pissed.

Oh, I see. Trump brought on the fear. Not ISIS, not the beheadings, not the Fort Hood shooting, not 9/11, not Nice, it was Trump. Wow you folks really are in the bag for crooked Hillary.
I said nothing in my post about fear nor any of that... merely that Trump has turned-out to be an Empty Suit and an emoter rather than a thinker, and dangerous.

HildaBeast is a lousy choice... trouble is, Attila is even worse, by an order of magnitude... he's just too dangerous and incompetent to allow anywhere near the Oval Office.

Spoken like a true leftwing douche bag.

Forum List

Back