Veterans are being told to pay back bonuses..........

Hey...................quick question.....................how many civilians do you guys on this thread think would be willing to go into a hot war zone where they are firing weapons and planting IED's all around for a measly 15,000?

Of all the people to fuck . . .

Disgusting!
I'm not sure anyone is getting screwed here.

seems like they didn't deserve the bonuses to begin with but someone at the state level was pushing them through fraudulently - screwing over everyone else
I bet they all knew they were not eligible for the bonuses and took it anyway. This is the national guard from what the link says.

"The Pentagon is seeking to recover decade-old reenlistment bonuses paid to thousands of California Army National Guard soldiers to go fight in Iraq and Afghanistan, the Los Angeles Times reported Saturday."

I'm trying to figure out why dont they go after the state instead of the people? Of course the state is going to go after them then.

Disgusting!

seems like they didn't deserve the bonuses to begin with but someone at the state level was pushing them through fraudulently - screwing over everyone else
I bet they all knew they were not eligible for the bonuses and took it anyway. This is the national guard from what the link says.

"The Pentagon is seeking to recover decade-old reenlistment bonuses paid to thousands of California Army National Guard soldiers to go fight in Iraq and Afghanistan, the Los Angeles Times reported Saturday."

I'm trying to figure out why dont they go after the state instead of the people? Of course the state is going to go after them then.

Hey.................if they went over there and put boots down in a war zone, as far as I'm concerned, they completed the requirements for getting the money. Like I asked before, how many people do YOU know who would be willing to get shot at for 6 months for only 15,000?

One of the dumbest excuses I heard for getting back the bonus was on the news tonight. Seems that some dude had served a full 20 years active duty, and then, because he liked the lifestyle, kept on with a Reservist outfit and was asked if he'd deploy if they paid him a bonus. He said sure and went, they paid him the money, but now are saying that because he retired from active duty he isn't eligible for the bonus, even though he spent a full deployment over there getting shot at.

Hey...................quick question.....................how many civilians do you guys on this thread think would be willing to go into a hot war zone where they are firing weapons and planting IED's all around for a measly 15,000?
I did it for less..

Disgusting!

Hey.................if they went over there and put boots down in a war zone, as far as I'm concerned, they completed the requirements for getting the money. Like I asked before, how many people do YOU know who would be willing to get shot at for 6 months for only 15,000?

One of the dumbest excuses I heard for getting back the bonus was on the news tonight. Seems that some dude had served a full 20 years active duty, and then, because he liked the lifestyle, kept on with a Reservist outfit and was asked if he'd deploy if they paid him a bonus. He said sure and went, they paid him the money, but now are saying that because he retired from active duty he isn't eligible for the bonus, even though he spent a full deployment over there getting shot at.
I know lots of people that would do if for less but that has nothing to do with the point. I'm pretty sure they knew they were not really eligible. They are soldiers not mercenaries.

I dont think its an excuse. Its a reason. If you dont meet the requirements then you arent eligible.

I did it for less..

If you were active duty, you did it because that's where they sent you, regardless of whether or not they thought going into a war zone was worth a bonus. But, at the very least, if you were active duty, when you went into a designated war zone, your paycheck while you were there is tax free.

Or did you do it as a civilian? If so, what company did you work for?

Now veterans are being told that even though they risked their asses by going into war zones in the ME, they are not eligible for the bonuses they were given and are being told they have to repay them. Many were given enlistment bonuses of 15,000 or more.

Pentagon Demands Return Of Cash Bonuses Paid To California Soldiers For Going To War A Decade Ago

Now, considering that most of our military live paycheck to paycheck because they don't get paid enough (an E-6 over 20 years of service only makes 36,000/yr), most of them will have a financial hardship in paying back the money.

I say let them keep the money, and let it go at that. They served in a war zone and risked their asses. They deserve the money for reenlisting and going back into a war zone.

Does anyone else find this reprehensible?
aren't libtards stupid pos?
Never waste an opportunity to blame something on liberals sight unseen....eh?

Obama loves to screw our military.
Congress is the one that needs to fix this F==kup. It's about money. They are the ones who approve how money gets spent.
IT does not require Congress when the Chief Executive can simply order it to be given.

Budget authorizations (of which this is one), cannot be done by EO.
He can issue an executive interpretation of current law.

I'm guessing what is being left unsaid is that the people that recieved the bonuses were knowingly involved in fraud. One guy sounds stupid and would rather lose his military benefits than pay back the bonus.

I went from AR to RA and got busted down three grades...

Ouch, but the ranks work differently. You went from an e-6 to an E-3? Just guessing cause I knew two other people that happened to when they went RA in 80 because of the economy. They were Vietnam era combat vets and had to take orders from a dude who thought being a good soldier was wearing starched fatigues every day.

Forum List

Back