Veterans are being told to pay back bonuses..........

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
Now veterans are being told that even though they risked their asses by going into war zones in the ME, they are not eligible for the bonuses they were given and are being told they have to repay them. Many were given enlistment bonuses of 15,000 or more.

Pentagon Demands Return Of Cash Bonuses Paid To California Soldiers For Going To War A Decade Ago

Now, considering that most of our military live paycheck to paycheck because they don't get paid enough (an E-6 over 20 years of service only makes 36,000/yr), most of them will have a financial hardship in paying back the money.

I say let them keep the money, and let it go at that. They served in a war zone and risked their asses. They deserve the money for reenlisting and going back into a war zone.

Does anyone else find this reprehensible?

Now veterans are being told that even though they risked their asses by going into war zones in the ME, they are not eligible for the bonuses they were given and are being told they have to repay them. Many were given enlistment bonuses of 15,000 or more.

Pentagon Demands Return Of Cash Bonuses Paid To California Soldiers For Going To War A Decade Ago

Now, considering that most of our military live paycheck to paycheck because they don't get paid enough (an E-6 over 20 years of service only makes 36,000/yr), most of them will have a financial hardship in paying back the money.

I say let them keep the money, and let it go at that. They served in a war zone and risked their asses. They deserve the money for reenlisting and going back into a war zone.

i do.....i am waiting for the CIC to ring in.....

You know why I say let them keep the money? Because the troops that got the bonus know they were supposed to get something for reenlisting, and when they got the money, they thought that is what they were supposed to get. I can't blame them for accepting the bonus.

I also can't blame the personnel and disbursing clerks who cut the checks either, they were just following the regs that were written from on high, and trust me...........there is no way in hell that the personnel and disbursing clerks are going to let go of any money unless the regs say that they have to. I know, I was one for over 20 years in the Navy.

So.............it's not the fault of the troops, it's the fault of the higher ups who did the authorizations in the first place. If you have to get the money back, leave the enlisted people alone and take the money back out of the checks of the people who wrote the regs.

Totally asinine.

The way the government wastes money on their special pet projects I have no problem with the Soldiers keeping the government mistake and in fact those men and women should have gotten double!

Absolutely. What do you bet the ruling came from the POTUS..(spitting at the thought.)

Of all the people to fuck . . .

Disgusting!
I'm not sure anyone is getting screwed here.

seems like they didn't deserve the bonuses to begin with but someone at the state level was pushing them through fraudulently - screwing over everyone else

aren't libtards stupid pos?

Absolutely. What do you bet the ruling came from the POTUS..(spitting at the thought.)

I'll take that bet, because military spending is factored into the budget and the Defense Authorization Act (passed by Congress) is what determines if they will pay a bonus to them. It's part of the defense budget.

Not only that, but these troops were part of the National Guard, which is partially paid for by the state as well in some cases.

I'd like to know who it was, and why they said that these soldiers are no longer eligible for their bonuses.

What's even more, is I want to know why they waited TEN FREAKING YEARS before deciding that they needed the money back.

Shoot.................it's only 20 million or so, let them keep the money, it's cheaper than buying just one jet fighter.

Of all the people to fuck . . .

Disgusting!
I'm not sure anyone is getting screwed here.

seems like they didn't deserve the bonuses to begin with but someone at the state level was pushing them through fraudulently - screwing over everyone else
then you dont blame the troops,they did this in good faith....
i don't blame them, but they don't deserve to keep the cash
sure they do.....they did this in good faith and went and spent another year in hell....put the blame on the people who signed them up knowing that they were doing something fraudulent...

Forum List

Back