Vermont DID IT!

"Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of happiness".

I bolded the important part for you. Our country was founded on ensuring life for its citizens.
That was in the declaration of independence, not the constitution. The government is obligated to protect your life, not provide you with one.

LOL. So clueless. Go back to sleep.

Do you even know what single payer means? It''s the same thing as an individual mandate, it means I would have to pay for it, even if I don't use it. It also means that my tax dollars would pay for some lazy welfare recipients healthcare, regardless if he/she can work and pay for their own. It's taking tax payer money and redistributing it to those too lazy to do anything for themselves. Noone has a right to my labor, sorry for your luck, like I said, glad it's not my state, and Vermont....like Massachusetts will suffer for it.

Single payer actually has nothing to do with the mandate. Here's a newsflash and why I said you are clueless. You already do pay for others people healthcare, like it or not. Your insurance premiums (assuming you have insurance) are directly influenced by the costs incurred in our system by those without insurance. Me, you and anyone else who purchases health insurance have our rates increase due to covering the costs of those who can't afford insurance. Once you can grasp and understand that concept we can then continue the conversation. Until then, you'll continue to be clueless as to what healthcare in this country is about.

I know where my taxes and healthcare premiums go to, I dont like it one bit. But that being said, if I am already paying for it, then why do I have to pay for it even more with an individual mandate? Wouldn't that be double dipping on me by the gubment? double jeopardy if you wish?
I agree I misunderstood the individual mandate and single payer, but what about the whole double dipping part?

"Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of happiness".

I bolded the important part for you. Our country was founded on ensuring life for its citizens.
That was in the declaration of independence, not the constitution. The government is obligated to protect your life, not provide you with one.

I'm aware what it's from. Is the declaration of what our country is founded on no longer of importance? And protecting life is not just about blocking bullets.

LOL. So clueless. Go back to sleep.

Do you even know what single payer means? It''s the same thing as an individual mandate, it means I would have to pay for it, even if I don't use it. It also means that my tax dollars would pay for some lazy welfare recipients healthcare, regardless if he/she can work and pay for their own. It's taking tax payer money and redistributing it to those too lazy to do anything for themselves. Noone has a right to my labor, sorry for your luck, like I said, glad it's not my state, and Vermont....like Massachusetts will suffer for it.

Single payer actually has nothing to do with the mandate. Here's a newsflash and why I said you are clueless. You already do pay for others people healthcare, like it or not. Your insurance premiums (assuming you have insurance) are directly influenced by the costs incurred in our system by those without insurance.
.....AND, whatever profit-margin......

Single payer actually has nothing to do with the mandate. Here's a newsflash and why I said you are clueless. You already do pay for others people healthcare, like it or not. Your insurance premiums (assuming you have insurance) are directly influenced by the costs incurred in our system by those without insurance. Me, you and anyone else who purchases health insurance have our rates increase due to covering the costs of those who can't afford insurance. Once you can grasp and understand that concept we can then continue the conversation. Until then, you'll continue to be clueless as to what healthcare in this country is about.

I know where my taxes and healthcare premiums go to, I dont like it one bit. But that being said, if I am already paying for it, then why do I have to pay for it even more with an individual mandate? Wouldn't that be double dipping on me by the gubment? double jeopardy if you wish?
I agree I misunderstood the individual mandate and single payer, but what about the whole double dipping part?

Do you know what the mandate is? All it says is that you need to purchase health insurance. If you do, then you have nothing to worry about. If you don't, you are now being required to so that you can share in the cost that is being pushed to those who do have insurance. So the mandate is a good thing for you, if you already have had insurance. Because it's making more people help carry the load for those that truly can't afford it.

What will the right do when this system proves a great success?

The more important question is, what will the left do when the system collapses, and Americans have no more rights, and they are the ones who led the charge to make it this way? What will the left do when they realize that the Tea Party was right? And all the crap they where fed in college and on msnbc was nothing more then propaganda to get them to be good little minions?
Dont worry though, as long as there are true Americans like me out here, we will ensure that your rights will always be there, even if you wont do it for yourself.

Well fake Americans like me would like thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster for True Americans (c) like you, brave sir patriot!

You'd pay less if the people for whom you are paying were getting preventative care and using Drs offices instead of going to the ER.

And why do they go to the ER? Because they have no insurance.

What will the left do when they realize that the Tea Party was right?
I don't think we have to worry about that.

Teabaggers aren't what would be considered the most politically-sophisticated citizens in the U.S.

:eusa_whistle:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKKKgua7wQk]YouTube - ‪SARAH PALIN BOOK SIGNING - Interviews with Supporters‬‏[/ame]​

Like all legislation it was passed by the legislature and signed by the governor - but it has fairly wide support throughout the state.

Good to hear.

I like it when the citizens approve of whats being done.

Tell me. If it hadn't had support would the legislature have passed it do you think??

No chance. They're all up for re-election every two years and in a state this small almost everyone knows their representatives on a personal basis.

What part of Vt. do you live in??

I lived in Norhtern NH for 20+ years. Did a lot of horse showing at the Lyndonville Fair.

Sure mis NE in the Fall especially the County Fairs.

This is the least expensive system in the country.

It would save you money.

323.png

Good to hear.

I like it when the citizens approve of whats being done.

Tell me. If it hadn't had support would the legislature have passed it do you think??

No chance. They're all up for re-election every two years and in a state this small almost everyone knows their representatives on a personal basis.

I lived in Norhtern NH for 20+ years. Did a lot of horse showing at the Lyndonville Fair.

Oh, that's interesting. I love Northern NH! We hike and play in the White Mountains all the time.

We live in the northwest, near Lake Champlain and about 30 miles from the Canadian border.

You mean when hell freezes over?

Is this even constitutional for vermont? I mean the Federal Government already has a health care plan in place. Sure, it's not constitutional. But the Supremecy clause clear overrides state action here.

Maybe the states should actually fight for their rights. If the States want to have control over this, and they should, they need to stop the Federal Government from encroaching their power.

Oh, and Shaman, Government doesnt create rights. Nor can you have a right to another persons goods or services. That's called slavery and is blatantly unconstitutional. Though i know the Constitution doesnt matter to any of you.

Is this even constitutional for vermont? I mean the Federal Government already has a health care plan in place. Sure, it's not constitutional. But the Supremecy clause clear overrides state action here.

Yes, it's constitutional. Vermont has applied for a waiver just as all states are permitted to do by the HC legislation. Any state that develops a system with outcomes that meet federal standards is free to get a waiver.

Last edited:
What are conservatives going to say if/when this plan not only doesn't lead to the ruination of Vermont, but the citizens of Vermont, by and large, mostly like how it works?
That's pretty-much what happened, in Canada....it worked better than anyone had expected.​

Maybe the states should actually fight for their rights. If the States want to have control over this, and they should, they need to stop the Federal Government from encroaching their power.

Oh, and Shaman, Government doesnt create rights. Nor can you have a right to another persons goods or services. That's called slavery and is blatantly unconstitutional. Though i know the Constitution doesnt matter to any of you.
You're an example of the variation they might not....rather, probably didn't....have, in Canada; a significant portion, of the population, who was in-danger of having an overwhelming emotional-breakdown, upon learning they were wrong about the end-result they'd projected. From what I've seen, Canadians appear more-mature/less-petty, and were more willing to find a system that would benefit ALL....rather than (only) those who were more spiritually-entitled to sufficient health-care.​

Oh, that's interesting. I love Northern NH! We hike and play in the White Mountains all the time.

We live in the northwest, near Lake Champlain and about 30 miles from the Canadian
border.

Smack dab in the middle of the White Mountains. Berlin, Gorham area. Beautiful area of the country.

My dad retired out of Plattsburg AFB in NY. We lived right on Lake Champlain as well. Took the ferry many a time to get from NY to Vt enroute to NH.

heres your problem rigthies.

These systems do work and they have worked better than the system we have now in this country.

The facts are that the US spends more than anyone and gets a much lower level of care than other countries who have single payer.

Its not a matter of IF it will work better , It will and has proven over and over again to work better.
Do you ever have a friggin' clue?

Here's your problem:.....A cracking Massachusetts bill.

Massachusetts' Obama-like Reforms Increase Health Costs, Wait Times | Michael F. Cannon | Cato Institute: Commentary

Forum List

Back