Venice under water

Venice stinks and they rob tourists shamelessly. Good riddance. Visit Croatia; beautiful coastlines and scenery, and Ragusa is also a far more interesting town, further down.

Last edited:
Venice stinks and they rob tourists shamelessly. Good riddance. Visit Croatia; beautiful coastlines and scenery, and Ragusa is also a far more interesting town, further down.
Venice is a beautiful city. Unique in the world. It is expensive, mostly because of the VAT tax they add on to purchases. The main canals do not stink, the smaller ones that branch off have a musty smell

I agree Croatia was beautiful. Historic buildings and atmosphere
But no Venice

figure_es3.png
-------------------------------------------looks like much of 'new york' sanctuary state and city is gone RWinger ,

Venice is a beautiful city. Unique in the world. It is expensive, mostly because of the VAT tax they add on to purchases. The main canals do not stink, the smaller ones that branch off have a musty smell

But no Venice
First time I went I was expecting a big stink but it never happened. Been a few times since but never smelled a thing. Paid over the odds for a coffee though.

But no Venice
First time I went I was expecting a big stink but it never happened. Been a few times since but never smelled a thing. Paid over the odds for a coffee though.

When my wife and I explored some of the back canals with not much moving water, there was a musty smell like you would find in a damp basement. Not really objectionable

We found a small restaurant off the main track with a lot of locals in it. It was morning, so we ordered coffee. You are correct, it was quite expensive. But we noticed the locals were drinking wine at 9 AM. We asked what the wine cost and it was a lot cheaper than coffee. So we stayed and drank wine

Forum List

Back