Venger-Tiamat: The End of Terrorism

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Venger and Tiamat are two colorful warlike beings from the iconic American Saturday morning cartoon series Dungeons & Dragons.

These two pop-culture avatars represent a modernism fascination with terrain-conquest, evolutionary logic, and power-dominions. We see such concepts illuminated in new age topics such as the Gulf War, the Human Genome Project, and Sunni-Shia conflicts within Islam threatening peace-talks between the West and OPEC.

We can therefore use/cite Venger and Tiamat in pedestrian discussions regarding the modern accessibility of governance-oriented frailty models (e.g., The Peacemaker).

The purpose of such evaluations on, say Black Friday(!), would be to better illuminate/understand new age 'mysticism' regarding terrorism cartography.

====

Tiamat (the furious multi-headed dragon who created pure anarchy) travelled through a time-wormhole and ended up in modern-day Washington, D.C., but his close rival Venger (a powerful warlord who used magic and mysticism to create power) followed him through the same wormhole. Tiamat wanted to create all kinds of madness on Black Friday in D.C., but Venger wanted modern-day Americans to bow to the concept of empire and governance, not anarchy and wildfire. So, Venger resolved to chase Tiamat back through the wormhole and into his own land and time.

Tiamat first set fire to the White House with the dragon-breath from his fire-breathing head (after the White House was evacuated following a distress-call placed to President Donald Trump by the CIA). Venger showed up but he was too late to prevent the White House from burning down to the ground. Tiamat flew away singing, "Black Friday did not save a capital address!" Tiamat next flew to the Pentagon (to set that sacred building ablaze too), but Venger caught him there in time to save it and deal with Tiamat personally.

VENGER: Why are you terrorizing Washington on Black Friday, Tiamat?
TIAMAT: Capitalism is a sewer which needs to be cleansed with arson!
VENGER: Arson is for madmen; you have no wits to talk with reason.
TIAMAT: There is no 'reason' with consumerism; it's pure gluttony!
VENGER: That's not true; McDonald's is an empire, not a spa.
TIAMAT: Really? What about America's 'cholesterol-culture'?
VENGER: Obesity is a 'face' of civilization, not its signature.
TIAMAT: Really? What about chronic dishonesty regarding capitalism indulgences?
VENGER: If you're referring to the Gulf War or Wall Street, governance can reign.
TIAMAT: Really? How does governance 'reign' during the Enron scandal?
VENGER: Since you're familiar with new age news, you can cure greed.
TIAMAT: I don't know how to cure greed, but fire is still cleansing, Venger.
VENGER: I challenge you to solve the problem of Third World grudge, Tiamat.
TIAMAT: If I can not end terrorism, then I'd have to return to our own land/time!
VENGER: Terrorism is primitive, so you'll have no dispute with returning to our own land/time.
TIAMAT: Alright, Venger; I will return to our own land/time, but remember my omen!

====

{Tiamat & Venger}

venger-tiamat.jpg

Forum List

Back