Vandals Flip Smart Cars Over in San Francisco

I know I shouldn't, but this makes me laugh.

I can't stand those shitty little Smart Cars. They're death traps.

Are not. Don't buy this Detroit bullshit myth that size equals safety. If that were true we'd all be driving around in skyscrapers and motorcycles would be illegal.

Our cars are too damned big. THAT is a safety issue.

Are not. Don't buy this Detroit bullshit myth that size equals safety. If that were true we'd all be driving around in skyscrapers and motorcycles would be illegal.

Our cars are too damned big. THAT is a safety issue.

You go ahead. I'll stick with my SUV.

Ugly little bastards those cars. Asian all the way.

German actually (Mercedes).

The first time I saw one it was actually before they were sold here, so it still had the Mercedes marque. It was parked on the side of a street in New Orleans. Sideways.

You know the punchline -- "because they can". Nothing like practical. :thup:

Last edited:
For their size they really don't get the gas mileage they should. That's largely because we won't let them sell the diesel version, like they have in Canada.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDU5BU_qSJU]Monster Smart - YouTube[/ame]

Great video for demonstrating how safety goes down with the rising centre of gravity of the inverted bathtubs they laughingly call "SUVs" -- imagine this car actually taking a curve.

Now my MINI ... I have to keep getting out to see if it's riding on rails. You can't roll that car. You tell it "take this sudden sharp curve" and it just says "done". :thup:

I think golf carts are bigger and may go faster.
I laugh my ass off when I see them on the highway...
Tempted to give them a little bump as I pass them going 40 MPH...
Do they issue onesies pajamas with a picture of Pajama boy on them.... lol

Gotta be Libs buying them..

Last edited:
And then they laugh when they fit two to a parking space while you're still hunting. :thup:

Great video for demonstrating how safety goes down with the rising centre of gravity of the inverted bathtubs they laughingly call "SUVs" -- imagine this car actually taking a curve.

Now my MINI ... I have to keep getting out to see if it's riding on rails. You can't roll that car. You tell it "take this sudden sharp curve" and it just says "done". :thup:

But where do you store the key to wind it up?

back in the 1970's we used to move VW Bugs and other roadster imports...by hand, to another location, stupid jocks...

Forum List

Back