Vandals Drain Water Tanks Meant For Illegals

GotZoom said:
A little background on the founder of Sactuary, which Humane Borders was born from:

------

THE BUDDING NETWORK has also revitalized many veterans of the Sanctuary Movement, including Rev. John Fife. In 1986 Fife, the minister of Tucson's Southside Presbyterian Church, was among eight activists convicted on various alien-smuggling charges, stemming from an underground railroad the group operated for refugees from civil war-torn Central America.

Fife served five years' probation for his efforts. Today, the minister says a new assistance movement called Humane Borders is "just beginning to be organized, as Sanctuary was in the very beginning. Faith communities are meeting to address the whole set of moral issues along the border.

"The same standards (of Sanctuary) apply--we're going to be public about everything we do, because it's part of the obligation to change immoral and disastrous immigration policies."

He considers it among the "best traditions along the borderlands. People in this region have always responded to human need with compassion."

Already Humane Borders has begun cooperative efforts with other Tucson humanitarian groups such as Derechos Humanos and the American Friends Service Committee. One of the coalition's first efforts was establishing water stations in the desert, at spots where immigrants have died from dehydration.

But the overall breadth of this compassion, whether simply providing food and temporary shelter, or breaking the law by hiding and transporting immigrants, "is up to each individual," Fife says. "This is going to be a movement that says 'Help as you feel it's appropriate, given the situation.' In my experience, some people are willing to give transportation, and some are just willing to give a glass of water."

http://www.tucsonweekly.com/tw/2000-11-09/curr2.html
-----
Advocating breaking of the law. Advocating human smuggling. Nice.

Who needs liberals when you're here to execute the War on Christians?

jasendorf said:
Actually, she would only be breaking the law if the owners of the house whose window she broke pressed charges. And, if they did, I think she should be charged as appropriate under the law.

Still can't believe you're comparing some caring, compassionate Christians with a guy who keeps his wife locked in his basement.

So now it is only a crime if the victim presses charges?

I'm using the outrageous comparison because of your outrageous statement that a crime is a crime..it doesn't matter what the situation.

A statement from which you seem to be backing away. Typical.

Tap dance away big boy.

jasendorf said:
Actually, she would only be breaking the law if the owners of the house whose window she broke pressed charges. And, if they did, I think she should be charged as appropriate under the law.

Still can't believe you're comparing some caring, compassionate Christians with a guy who keeps his wife locked in his basement.
For what it's worth, he's using the example to disprove your theory that its ok to treat every criminal the same way, as though severity of crime plays no role. Not to equate aiding and abetting, be it compassionate or not, to kidnapping and imprisonment. You're the one drawing that conclusion, and you're right, it's a stupid one.

jasendorf said:
Who needs liberals when you're here to execute the War on Christians?

I don't want anyone helping illegals crossing the border and because this group is made up by Christians, I am now declaring war on all Christians.

Step away from the kool-aid.

You funny guy.

GotZoom said:
I don't want anyone helping illegals crossing the border and because this group is made up by Christians, I am now declaring war on all Christians.

Step away from the kool-aid.

You funny guy.
You Hispaniphobe. :laugh:

jasendorf said:
I do what I can to add a little bit of idiocyidiocyidiocyidiocyidiocyidiocy to everyone's day.

i·d·i·o·cy n. pl. id·i·o·cies

1. Extreme folly or stupidity.
2. A foolish or stupid utterance or deed.
3. Psychology. The state or condition of being an idiot; profound mental retardation.

Write today's date down somewhere.

Today, I am agreeing with you.

Seems to me that if they stay in the country where they are living legally, or turn themselves in as the criminals they are as soon as they cross the border, they would have all the water they needed.

Forum List

Back