Vampire seeks governor's job

fuzzykitten99 said:
well, i guess this is where I tend to be sliding more to the left.

I hung out with the Wiccan kids in school because many of them were in my interest groups like theater and band/marching band. They didn't really dress that differently, and were genuinely good and nice people. I felt accepted with them, even though I didn't believe what they did. Personally, I have never felt like I was truly accepted in the Pro-God group, even though I believe in God and Jesus, and was raised Christian. I always felt that because I didn't go to church (never liked going, just not my thing), I was somehow not good enough. I never felt like I was part of the group, just an outsider, and looked down-upon or talked to like I was an toddler. I think to them, it isn't enough to just believe.

The Wiccan kids were never like that, and treated me equally, as well as everyone else. They genuinely cared about me as a person, and never tried to push their beliefs onto me, and were always willing to answer questions about them-and not once did I ever think any of them were the devil. Maybe that's why I was very liberal for so much of my life. I have 2 friends with whom I still email every so often and have met up with them a few times in the last few years. My grandma was born/raised catholic. At first she didn't like my friends because of what they were, but when she got to know them, she realized they weren't what she thought.

Kitten,
Without trying to sound like I know it all, I would like to *gently* suggest that experiences in high school are not necessarily a good barometer for life decisions, and I think/hope you will find that to be especially true as you grow older. I am sure there are plenty of Christians on this board, and in your town, who are nice people, who would never want to make you feel unaccepted whether you attend church or not, and many Wiccan people who are perhaps not so nice too.

I lived next door to a guy who claimed to be a Wiccan. We actually had some things in common bc we were both interested in nature/growing things.

But, a guy who outright proclaims that he hates your God probably isn't going to be able to be completely fair to Him at some point.

Also... Catholics light candles to symbolize souls in Purgatory. I do not believe in Purgatory. That is their belief, so, whatever. However, I think drinking another person's blood crosses the line from "whatever" to "disturbed." Whether or not his wife is a "consenting adult," he is doing physical harm to her body.

Hey LuvRPgrl! We're still waiting for you to state your case on why women shouldn't be allowed to vote!

mom4 said:
Ah well, we all have our vices!
How much do you want to bet that he pulls out the Ann Coulter stat that if women had never been allowed to vote, Republicans would have never lost an election?

Hell, let's see if I can guess most of his reasoning via Ann Coulter excerpts:
Wikipedia said:
Coulter has stated that women are "not as bright" as men (Hannity and Colmes - 09/23/04), "have no capacity to understand how money is earned" (Politically Incorrect - 02/26/01), and "shouldn't be in the military" (Hannity and Colmes - 05/05/04).

On a few occasions Coulter has suggested that the constitutional amendment giving women the right to vote should be repealed. In a 14 February 2000 National Review Online article she wrote, "If this ticket doesn't close the gender gap, it's time to repeal the 19th Amendment." On 26 February 2001, she said, "[women should] all have to give up their vote" (Politically Incorrect). She also argues that banning women from voting would ensure Republican presidents would be elected - as historical voting patterns had shown men had voted in majorities for Republican candidates.
Link

Forum List

Back